maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Doctor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
Gentlemen, we've all lost beloved pets. It's a symptom of life. I shouldn't have opened this thread at all. It just digs at old scabs. I'm sorry.

We all love our little critters. We take care of them. Mostly we outlive them and then have to make the ultimate decision for them. It sucks but so it goes.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

In the long run we're all doomed

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:31 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5144

We all got it comin kid. The sooner you drag that bastard out in the sunlight and get used to lookin at him the better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

best not to think about it innit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15095
@Nero: had Dachshunds as a kid but didn't totally understand them. Tried labs, pointers, huskies, border terriers, papillons. Liked them all, but at the end of the sampling, I think I'll be back for another Dachshund when this one finally succumbs. She is only 3.5 so she should have many years left. The older one that died last year was in the 17 or 18 year old ball park. First two years of her life, she was a puppy mill dog, lived in a goddamned crate. The cretins who were using to make puppies couldn't be bothered to let her out of her crate much of the time and when the cops broke it up and confiscated the animals to the shelter she was pretty close to death. My wife saw her and couldn't resist. Of course it fell to me to try to house train her; not an easy task for a PTSD suffering, neurotic, anemic, muscle atrophied 2 year old Dachshund who has never had normal human or animal socialization nor house training. Only managed to get a foundation established within a month by virtue of literally spending 24/7 with the dog and watching almost her every move. Stuffing pillows into a crate so she had very little room to crap in the corner helped reduce the nocturnal eliminations. Dachshunds are known for being 'vulnerable' to sneaking off and taking care of business on their own when the human isn't reading their mind, and this one was no different. Still I think you could say she was basically house trained.

My wife has had a lot less experience with animals in life so she has been pretty surprised at how much different a beast this one we bought from a legit breeder has been. When they haven't been abused early in life, they are some of the most comical, larger than life dogs you will find.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:44 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 12603
C_S wrote:
best not to think about it innit.
Is it time to get a kitten?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:47 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 15843
Let's lighten this up with some talk about dead Muslims.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:33 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1459
doggie wrote:
Let's lighten this up with some talk about dead Muslims.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

This little lady has lived a free life wanting of nothing. Fresh water, fresh food (crunchy and soft) almost always to hand. Sometimes I forget to pick up soft canned food and the girls let me know they're angry about that :D Well, I do my best. She's always been able to do whatever she wants whenever she wants to do it. The World is her territory. No no fences no nothing. She goes wherever she wants. Other than when I cage her to the veterinary doctor for her own good.

Her and her sister won't be around for a week sometimes venturing the neighborhood. I don't assume they're dead, although missing; I assume they're "Still on Patrol". So far they've always come back.

For update the cat is still ok. She's eating her dinner right now prolly about to head out w/ her sister for the night. shrug.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:08 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12603
Good news :D

Profile E-mail