maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Not Your Usual USA Shooting
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:43 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18648
Woman fires an airsoft gun (reportebly) at runners in the Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon, an officer takes two shots at her and misses and a second officer discharges his weapon and manages to shoot himself in the lower leg. Wut. :?

Quote:
Shots fired near a downtown San Diego parking garage interrupted a marathon with thousands of runners and spectators Sunday afternoon.

A woman with an airsoft gun was taken into custody nearly an hour after the first reports of shots and a San Diego police officer was hospitalized with what has been described as a self-inflicted wound.

The first report of multiple shots fired came in at approximately 11:20 a.m.

The suspect was at the City Hall Parkade approximately two blocks from the finish line of the Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon.

At 11:45 a.m., the course was shut down and close to 5,000 athletes were moved to a designated "safe zone," according to race officials.

Tens of thousands of runners were participating in the marathon that runs from State Route 163 along B Street and ends at Union Street.

As of 12 p.m., the marathon had resumed with police declaring the scene safe.

Chief of Police David Nisleit said there were officers already staged along the marathon route providing traffic control and security.

An officer fired two rounds at the suspect and did not hit the woman, Nisleit said.

Another responding officer fired his own weapon, striking himself in the lower leg, the police chief said.

"There were some reports she was firing down towards some of the runners," Nisleit said. "We're just starting to get into the investigation."

He said they will interview officers and review body-worn cameras to piece together what happened.

The parking garage involved in the incident has been closed for cars going in and out, leaving some who ran the race or cheered on the runners stranded.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... 22971.html

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Not Your Usual USA Shooting
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Probably failed suicide by cop...though one of the cops nearly succeeded.

Still a very serious crime. They will charge with a shitload of felonies and then we will be paying "correctional Officers" $100K a year to keep her fro killing herself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

The San Diego officer who shot himself in the leg obviously needs a refresher in firearms safety.

I suggest that he start with this:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

I fired my brother's 40 caliber semi-auto hand gun last weekend and put my left thumb over my right trigger hand. The recoil action nicked my left thumb. It hurt but no serious injury. Turns out you are supposed to put your left hand UNDER your right hand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:57 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3803
Lighting the fireplace last night i stuck a stick in my hand and finger. Hurt a lot.

Does that count?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15095
There is some kind of little sharp thing embedded in the rug that is where my feet hit the floor when I get in and out of bed; thorn or piece of glass or something. Keeps nicking my toe in the same spot.

On the other hand, my .40 S&W Springfield XDM is loaded and chambered and ready to rumble in the nightstand, as always.

Need to get off my ass and get my concealed carry permit and get a Walther for pocket carry. Do they make .40 S&W Walthers?

ADDIT: Ah there we go!
Walther P99

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Oh Actually! Sig P365 = tiny 10 to 12 round magazine!? Maybe even a .40 S&W variant!?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:40 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Been debating picking up a pistol, in the near future, for some shooting enjoyment. Not sure, however, as I'll balk at ammo expenses at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:53 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
Been debating picking up a pistol, in the near future, for some shooting enjoyment. Not sure, however, as I'll balk at ammo expenses at some point.

You can find cheap ammo. I bought 1000 rounds of .40 S&W about a year ago from Lucky Gunner.com at about half the price it would have cost at Walmart.

Re: this new "Game Changer" conceal carry pistol, the Sig P365 . . . I love Hickok, but honestly this guys review of the pistol is much better, more detailed, more methodical, more informative.

Sounds like the thing has a pretty damn serious design flaw with the firing pin dragging against the brass during ejection. Sig seems to have said "they don't regard it as an 'issue'" which is ridiculous; obviously it IS an issue. I'm interested in it because I would like to find the smallest possible pistol that is at least 9mm size bullet (or larger) and offers more rounds per magazine. I'd like to pocket carry and not have shit tucked in my belt loop, under my armpit, etc.

Seems like a good machine EXCEPT for the firing pin issue

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Jeebus, so many damn choices . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next