maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Season 2018
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I don't like the idea of politicizing the Hurricane thread, but others are already attempting to politicize the hurricane(s):

Quote:
On CNN, political analyst John Avlon, in a segment titled "Reality Check," suggested Trump is at fault for Hurricane Florence, and that his climate policies could kill up to 80,000 people per decade.

Quote:
Back on MSNBC, host Katy Tur invited on media personality Bill Nye and former director of communications for President Obama's White House Climate Change Task Force, Paul Bledsoe, to setup Trump as the fall guy for Florence.

Tur introduced the segment claiming "climate deniers" in the Trump Administration make it "incredibly difficult to deal with this disaster."

"President Trump says FEMA is ready for Hurricane Florence but mounting evidence suggests it could be incredibly difficult to deal with this disaster if climate change deniers are on the front lines," Tur said. "A new study from the Princeton University is echoing the findings of previous research showing climate change as the cause of ocean conditions that produce fast storms like Hurricane Harvey. NOAA is suggesting it’s 3 degrees Fahrenheit above average. Where does the Trump Administration stand on climate change? President Trump rolled back Obama era mandates for leaks and oil and gas wells. These rules were part of Obama’s three part strategy for combating climate change."

After Nye attacked anyone who "continue[s] to deny climate change" for undermining America's ability to respond to extreme weather, Bledsoe leveled an even sharper political attack against the Trump Administration.

"Donald Trump and other Republicans are denying climate change are on the wrong side of public safety, of economics and of history," Bledsoe intoned. "This is not an environmental issue fundamentally. It’s one of public safety and economics and unfortunately, we’re going to see more and more of these extreme, costly and threatening-to-public-health-and-safety events until we begin to reduce our emissions."

Those snippets above from: https://news.grabien.com/story-media-po ... ct-mass-de

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:04 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8277
chijohnaok wrote:
I don't like the idea of politicizing the Hurricane thread

It's not about politicizing, it's about credibility. When some sort of tragic or spectacular event is occurring, many times I will turn on my TV to see what is going on. I'm usually selective in what channel I turn to.

Now I know that the Weather Channel makes shit up too... and therefore can't be trusted.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

When Flo was a Cat 4, Trump was "complicit" in global warming but when it makes landfall as a Cat 1 with 90 mph winds does that mean a little ice age is coming?

Sadly, Bill Nye the Science Guy cannot get a hard on any more unless he accuses someone of being a global warming denier.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Aren't we ALL complicit with the weather? I mean, what have any of us REALLY done to stop the rain?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 am 
Sergeant Major

I can't "stop the rain", but I can do this:

Attachment:
golf umbrella.jpg
golf umbrella.jpg [ 81.73 KiB | Viewed 78 times ]

Having umbrellas are a must in Florida during the summer (where I am in central Florida we typically get a good rain during late afternoon/early evening nearly every day).

I have 2 umbrellas in the car (one small, one golf umbrella), several in the house, one small one in a drawer at work, and sometimes even stuff a small one into a backpack or suitcase if I am travelling.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
So you are actually worse than complicit with the weather. You try to "cover it up!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:08 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218
The worst of it is east of Wilmington in Onslow and Carteret counties, but these areas are rural and mostly white so fuck them. There is a blackout on stories about looting because it's racist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

The Dollar store in Wilmington was being "looted" but the management asked the police not to intervene. Probably they didn't want to make the "customers" angry.

Us progressive types don't call it looting....it's "undocumented shopping"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218
They have truckloads of free shit for the "truly needy", whether they got rained on or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

doggie wrote:
They have truckloads of free shit for the "truly needy", whether they got rained on or not.

How many times has highway 12 been washed away? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next