It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Obama: My Netflix Projects Will Help ‘Train the Next Generat
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... al-divide/

Quote:
Obama: My Netflix Projects Will Help ‘Train the Next Generation of Leaders’ and Heal Our Political Divide

24 May 2018

Barack Obama is speaking out about how he wants to use the film projects he develops with Netflix to heal the political divide and tell America’s stories.

Earlier this week, Netflix announced it is partnering with Barack and Michelle Obama to develop original content for the video streaming giant. Initially, no real details were released — including the actual price tag of the contract. But three days later Obama has filled in some of the blanks about his plans, Business Insider reported.

Speaking at a Las Vegas tech conference hosted by cybersecurity company Okta, Obama waxed poetic about the “stories” Americans have to tell and said he wants to use his multi-year contract with Netflix to help “train the next generation of leaders.”

Barack Obama said he relied on “stories” to fuel his political career. “Everyone has a story that is pretty sacred” about their life, Obama said. Listening to people’s stories is what helped him better serve, he explained.

“We want to tell stories. This [Netflix deal] becomes a platform. We are interested in lifting people up and identifying people doing amazing work,” Obama said, adding, “We did this in the White House.”

Obama related meetings to hear the stories of Hamilton creator and Broadway producer Lin-Manuel Miranda and rocker Bruce Springsteen, and he noted that identifying talent in a similar fashion is his intent with Netflix.

Obama said he wants to produce stories “we think are important, and lift up and identify talent, that can amplify the connections between all of us. I continue to believe that if we are hearing each other’s stories and recognizing ourselves in each other, then our democracy works.”

“We are all human. I know this sounds trite, and yet, right now globally, we have competing narratives,” Obama said.

The ex-president also warned against “tribalism,” saying that when people feel threatened, “We go tribal. We go ethnic. We pull in, we push away.”

He concluded saying he wants to use Netflix to help “set up institutions based on rule of law and a sense of principals and the dignity and worth of every individual.”

Finally, after noting there is still a “clash” in the country, Obama told the crowd what he hopes his new work will do.

“I’m putting my money on the latter way,” Obama said. “That’s what we hope to be a voice to, through Netflix and through my foundation, where we’re identifying and training the next generation of leaders here in the United States and around the world. So they can start sharing their stories and cooperating.”

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Quote:
Heal Our Political Divide

Didn't Obama talk about doing that when he was President?
He had 8 years in the White House to do it--what makes him think that he can accomplish that now as a tv/movie producer?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Obama: My Netflix Projects Will Help ‘Train the Next Gen
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:07 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17677
Obama wrote:

Oh, sweet irony.

The guy who rent the divide as far as possible, to include abusing gov't power in order to attack the other side, says he's gonna heal the country now. With his propaganda! Hahhahahaaahhaa!! :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 pm 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
Finally they are getting some real proper legit authorities involved in their re-education efforts instead of grass roots activists.

Then again, why did they choose a Man to reinforce the Patriarchal structure? Why is the authority a MAN?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:31 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17677
Kameolontti wrote:
Finally they are getting some real proper legit authorities involved in their re-education efforts instead of grass roots activists.

Then again, why did they choose a Man to reinforce the Patriarchal structure? Why is the authority a MAN?

He's both a Chicago politician and a "community organizer". I'd use some other words than "man". :P

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:57 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 17020
:+: sigh :+:

What an asshole :roll: Haven't the American ppl already suffered enough?

I wish this guy was capable of shutting up. Him and his goony goo goo wife who never seems to miss a chance to race bait. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ppl are well fed up and completely sick of this shit.

I'm not going to cancel Netflix, after 8 years of O'bama's steady hand on the tiller... Pfft :roll: ... Most Americans can't afford cable anymore so we have 8 bean/mo netflix just to keep the TV on sometimes. And now this asshole is going to f that up too. For crying out loud.

"Don't go away mad (just go away)"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
NefariousKoel wrote:
Obama wrote:

Oh, sweet irony.

The guy who rent the divide as far as possible, to include abusing gov't power in order to attack the other side, says he's gonna heal the country now. With his propaganda! Hahhahahaaahhaa!! :lol: :roll:

It is a bit like a serial rapist with a rap sheet as long as your arm offering to lead the nations Women's Advocacy and Welfare ministry isn't it!? :P :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
what a load of horse shit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:48 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11223
I remember when black guys were cool.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:49 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 15718
The divide will be healed once you racists shut up and accept black rule.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:54 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11492
doggie wrote:
The divide will be healed once you racists shut up and accept black rule.
Hear, hear!

Our leader has spoken.

(Am not being sarcastic, just trying to be funny) ;)

Profile E-mail