maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: America going Commie?
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Kameolontti wrote:
LaPalice wrote:

Thousands of our "refugees" were so happy with Finland that they booked their own flights back home.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-finland-idUSKCN0VL0UE
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/05/world/middleeast/europe-migrant-crisis-reverse-migration.html
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/finlands-no-good-disappointed-migrants-turn-back

We're doing well better than the EU average in this department.

There's a thing or two that Finland could teach Germany and Sweden among others.

#1, a pack cigarettes costs more than 7€ now. That's a pack of 30 cigarettes, not a carton of cigarette packs.
#2 be COLD, very COLD and unfriendly
#3 give 'em what our school children have to eat, that there is pure disillusionment
#4 tell 'em that we're proud of what we've achieved and won't let no one ruin it for us
#5 tell 'em that we're not sorry
#6 point them to nearest travel agent ran by an integrated Muslim who speaks Arabic, he has great deals and knows how to arrange one way trips that will take into account all the special needs Muslims may have

My post is perhaps a bit of a tangent but I am responding to "#1, a pack cigarettes costs more than 7€ now. That's a pack of 30 cigarettes, not a carton of cigarette packs."

I will preface this to say that I am NOT a smoker, so I don't follow what the cost of a pack of cigarettes is.

I did find this though:
A) Wikipedia says that In the United States of America, the quantity of cigarettes in a pack must be at least 20. Certain brands, such as Export As, come in a pack of 25. For many years, half-packs of 10 (or even 14) cigarettes were commonly available.
B) here is a list of the average cost per pack for Marlboro Reds, by state as of July 2017:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_pack#Pack

The cost per pack ranges from as low as $5.72 (with tax) in Kentucky to as high as $13.85 in New York State.

Its my understanding that if you happen to live near a Native American reservation (or one of their retail stores) the cost of cigarettes from them may be significantly less. Since reservations are "sovereign" territory they are able to avoid some of the state or federal taxes that most stores must charge.

Again, I am not a smoker so anything and everything that I posted above may be incorrect. Smokers feel free to chime in and point out the error of my ways. ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:48 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4670
NefariousKoel wrote:
Maybe the most hawkish was preferred in the past.

Trump comes across as somewhat hawkish to me. 60 odd Tomahawks up Putins rear now and then is no the work of a dove. Maybe Sanders could have beat Trump but I doubt it. Btw, doesn't Sanders have a strong Euro Commie feel to him..., could an American be more Swedish?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 am 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Trump comes across as somewhat hawkish to me. 60 odd Tomahawks up Putins rear now and then is no the work of a dove. Maybe Sanders could have beat Trump but I doubt it. Btw, doesn't Sanders have a strong Euro Commie feel to him..., could an American be more Swedish?

Here is another question:
Could a Swede be more American?

And here is the answer:
Yes, Bo Svenson

Quote:
Svenson was born in Sweden, to Lola Iris Viola, a big band leader, actress, and singer, and Birger Ragnar Svenson, a personal driver, athlete, and bodyguard for the King of Sweden.[3] He emigrated to the United States and then, when he was 17, joined the United States Marine Corps, serving until his honorable discharge six years later.[3] His first state of residence in the United States was Georgia, where he became familiar with the rural Southern accent he later employed in some of his roles.[3]

He also holds a fourth degree (Yondan) black belt in judo. He earned his first degree (Shodan) belt at Kodokan in Japan, the home dojo of Judo, while stationed in Japan in 1961 as a Marine.[4] He was the 1961 Far East Judo Champion in the Heavyweight Division

Quote:
A 5th degree black belt in judo, and a black belt also in karate and aikido, he is past Chairman of USA Judo Masters and has been inducted into the Martial Arts Masters Hall of Fame. Following a forty-year absence from judo, he won a silver in the 2009 USA Judo Championships. He won a bronze in the World Championships in 2013 and retired from judo competition after winning a gold in the 2013 USJA Winter National Championships.

http://www.bosvenson.com/bio.htm
THat's right, he won a silver medal in Judo at age 68 and a bronze and gold medals at age 72.

He issued a challenge to Putin to fight and Putin declined ( )

Bo Svenson, born in Sweden, with an American heart and an American soul.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:45 am 
Staff Sergeant

.... joined the United States Marine Corps, serving until his honorable discharge six years later.

Doesn't he play a scumbag civilian trying to steal Clintan's wife in Heartbreak Ridge.

IIRC he also plays a airline pilot in a Chuck Norris Delta Force movie... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:54 am 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
.... joined the United States Marine Corps, serving until his honorable discharge six years later.

Doesn't he play a scumbag civilian trying to steal Clintan's wife in Heartbreak Ridge.

IIRC he also plays a airline pilot in a Chuck Norris Delta Force movie... :D

Yes, he's played a variety characters (sometimes the hero/sometimes the villain) in films and tv.

He joined and served in the USMC.
He learned judo from Japanese masters in Japan, and in his 60s and 70s yrs old resumed fighting competitively.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:33 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
wulfir wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Compared to whom? Bernie? LOL!

If being "hawkish" means not rolling over for every throbbing angry penis and taking it in the rear, then I think most Americans are hawkish. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:14 pm 
Staff Sergeant

NefariousKoel wrote:

If being "hawkish" means not rolling over for every throbbing angry penis and taking it in the rear, then I think most Americans are hawkish. :lol:

Someone in this thread figured Bernie would have beaten Trump...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Someone in this thread figured Bernie would have beaten Trump...

My bold emphasis above.

Well, due to the behind the scene manipulations by the DNC and Hillary For America campaign we will never know the answer to that question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
No way Bernie would have beaten Trump.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:44 am 
Staff Sergeant

So - why America does not go Commie, to sum up:

Kam mentions free speech of a sort unheard of in Europe where everybody need to follow Karl Marx. :lol:

Mdiehl on the other hand points to money being the deciding factor - to get elected one need lots of money and then use the political power gained to basically increase their own riches and those of important election campaign funders. I assume that means mdiehl thinks money is more important than free speech for keeping the US from turning the Euro type of commie.

Anthro gives us the brains of Americans as a reason for why the US does not swing Commie. Voter intelligence is what I assume then would have given Trump the victory over Sanders had the Democratic party not favoured the Clintons and is what actually stops Commie tyranny.

Is Bernie Sanders a commie by the way?

EuB weighs in on the taxation issue and warns against wasting tax money on causes he does not like. But EuB gives no justification for the current use of American tax money, for example the US giant military budget that a number of Americans on the board don't mind seeing reduced - given that there is no looming military challenge to the United States itself.

The idea of Iraqis going to the US provokes resistance. I guess their shithole of a country being liberated in Operation Iraqi Freedom is all they can hope for.

8-)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next