It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another Paris Terror Attack
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:33 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
One dead, four wounded...

Quote:
A knifeman has killed one person and wounded four in a suspected terror attack in central Paris, French officials say.

The attacker was then shot dead by police in the Opéra district. Witnesses say they heard him shout "Allah Akbar".

So-called Islamic State (IS) later said one of its soldiers carried out the attack on Saturday evening.

It took place in an area renowned for its nightlife. People ran for cover into cafes and restaurants.

French President Emmanuel Macron tweeted (in French): "France has once again paid in blood, but will not give an inch to the enemies of freedom."

Police first tried to stop the attacker with a stun-gun before shooting him dead. Two of the wounded are in a serious condition.

IS claimed the attack in a brief statement posted on its news outlet.

French Interior Minister Gérard Collomb praised police for their "cool response". He said his first thoughts were "with the victims of this heinous act".

Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo tweeted (in French): "Tonight, our city was bruised."

"I want to tell them that all Parisians are on their side," she added.

French police warned the public not to spread rumours.

"Please only share information coming from a trusted source," the police tweeted.

France has been on high alert following a series of attacks over the past three years. Some have been claimed or inspired by so-called Islamic State (IS).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44096595

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Another Paris Terror Attack
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Condolences to the dead, a rapid recovery to the wounded, and hoping that the attacker arrives in the afterlife to find that his 72 virgins are actually non-virgin goats.

PS I'm shocked that this attacker is a Muslim since Islam is normally the Religion of Peace-tm
Who'd of thunk it?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:05 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728
chijohnaok wrote:
Condolences to the dead, a rapid recovery to the wounded, and hoping that the attacker arrives in the afterlife to find that his 72 virgins are actually non-virgin goats.

PS I'm shocked that this attacker is a Muslim since Islam is normally the Religion of Peace-tm
Who'd of thunk it?
My condolonces also.

As for the Muslim bit, are you sure?

Amish ain't above faking it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:58 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Good thing there were armed Frenchmen nearby to end the turd.

One Killed In Paris Knife Attack By Man Shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’

PARIS (Reuters) – An assailant shouting "Allahu akbar" killed a passer-by in a knife attack that also wounded four others in the heart of Paris late on Saturday before he was shot dead by police, French authorities said.

The country has been on high alert amid a series of attacks, commissioned or inspired by the Islamic State militant group, that has killed more than 240 people since 2015.

France "will not yield an inch to the enemies of freedom," President Emmanuel Macron said after the attack, praising officers for "neutralizing the terrorist."

The first call to police was placed at 8:47 p.m. local time (1847 GMT), officers were on the scene within five minutes, and the attacker was "neutralized" within nine minutes of that first call, Prime Minister Edouard Philippe told reporters.

Police union representative Rocco Contento told Reuters that the assailant, after attacking bystanders with a knife, rushed at police shouting "I will kill you, I will kill you!"

He was then shot by the officers.

The attack took place in the heart of the French capital in a district popular with tourists for its many restaurants and cafes, landmark retail stores, and the Paris opera.

Prosecutor Francois Molins told reporters the police's anti-terrorism unit would launch an investigation, given the aggressor's "mode of operation." The identity of the attacker man was not yet known, officials said early on Sunday.

A picture seen by Reuters, which a source said showed the attacker, showed a bare-chested and bearded young man dressed in black trousers.

The Islamic State claimed responsibility via its Amaq news agency, but provided no proof for its claim.

French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb called it an "odious" attack.

Witnesses described for French media how they saw the assailant running towards police officers who shot him.

"We were told to get into a bar quickly. I was curious and went outside again. Outside, I saw a person on the ground about 200 metres from me. The police, fire brigade and ambulance arrived," one female witness told LCI television. "I could not see anything else after that."

Authorities did not immediately reveal the identity of the victim.

TV footage showed forensic police at the scene.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... ahu-akbar/

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9407
i don't know what to say. It is a routine now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 am 
Sergeant Major

LaPalice wrote:

It's a sad state of affairs when it gets to that point. :(

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
LaPalice wrote:

Short of something dramatic happening to force a consensus among us Kuffar about the need to take extraordinary steps, it will remain routine for the next couple generations or more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9407
in a way, if that becomes a routine for the majority of people, that shows that there is a resilience, people continuing their life as if everything was normal. It is a defeat for the terrorists who want to bring chaos to our societies.

Israel is good example, as it knows terrorism for a long time and still remains a democracy. So not sure that it is a good idea to become a police state.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
LaPalice wrote:
in a way, if that becomes a routine for the majority of people, that shows that there is a resilience, people continuing their life as if everything was normal. It is a defeat for the terrorists who want to bring chaos to our societies.

Israel is good example, as it knows terrorism for a long time and still remains a democracy. So not sure that it is a good idea to become a police state.

There is an undeniable truth in that.

We all accept the myriad risks of life, even those which ostensibly we should not be exposed to . . . I was walking my dogs between my rental and my house (house got "bombed" by one of our 100+ year-old red oaks and is now a construction site, so we have been in turmoil for many weeks and finally getting settled into our new rental house for the months it will take to restore the actual "home") along Midway Road; a fairly quiet main thoroughfare through my region of the Atlanta metro area. There is a nice sidewalk on one side, but even so, the road has some serious curves and people drive like idiots: 25 mph limit but people go 40 or 45 and bank through the curves at 35 . . . One mistake by a driver and any pedestrian is another casualty. My point being: we are literally SURROUNDED by these kinds of "risks" in our daily lives, even in a quiet rural area much less a major urban area.

I recoil at Sadiq Khan's claim that "terrorism" is "just part of living in an modern urban center," but if that statement were manipulated into something less apologetic and objective then it would be difficult to deny: the cultural forces that drive the criminality called "terrorism" are now deeply-ingrained in Western Europe. This has arisen because denying any race, creed or color the freedom to dwell in Western Europe is antithetical to Western civilizations views on human rights. But this "loophole" has also placed innocent people at increased risk, and short of drastic measures which are too costly, and too ethically-questionable to seriously consider, this has become "just part of living" in many Western European urban centers.

One thing is for certain: there is no "easy" solution.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

I disagree that their plan is to "cause chaos". They have a glossy magazine that precisely enunciates their goals.

1) The reconquest of all "muslim lands". This includes all of the Balkans, Malta, Andalucia, all of North Africa much of the Phillipines, some of Burma, part of India and almost all of equatorial Africa

2) Destruction of Israel and eradication of all Jews on the planet

3) The murder or forced expulsion or enslavement or conversion of all kuffir in "muslim lands"

4) The removal of "unislamic governments" in muslim majority states.

5) The imposition of sharia in all enslaved Islamic states...and pretty much anywhere there are enough muzzies to scare the locals away...France...London

6) The growth of islam

7) The demand that Western news media and even entertainment industry follow their demand not to be insulted.

8) Also that Western governments stop supporting Israel and leave all muslim lands

9) The eventual provocation of a final jihad against the "Romans" and the Jews as predicted in stupid Islamic end time prophesies

That's why pretending there is nothing wrong will not work.

Profile E-mail