maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sen. Sanders proposal: jobs for everyone!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19649
On the heels of Finland dropping its experiment with universal basic income, Bernie Sanders wants to roll this out:

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is set to announce a federal jobs proposal that would guarantee a job with at least a $15-per-hour wage and health benefits to every adult American “who wants or needs one,” The Washington Post reports.

The senator is still in the early stages of crafting the plan, according to the Post, which would provide a job or required training for any American.

Sanders's office has yet to release the details of the plan's funding, but previous large-scale projects proposed by the Vermont progressive have involved ending tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans and large

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3845 ... -americans

What will these jobs consist of?
Where will the funding for it come from?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sen. Sanders proposal: jobs for everyone!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Why $15 an hour. Just give everyone $200,000 a year job.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17177
chijohnaok wrote:
On the heels of Finland dropping its experiment with universal basic income, Bernie Sanders wants to roll this out:

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is set to announce a federal jobs proposal that would guarantee a job with at least a $15-per-hour wage and health benefits to every adult American “who wants or needs one,” The Washington Post reports.

The senator is still in the early stages of crafting the plan, according to the Post, which would provide a job or required training for any American.

Sanders's office has yet to release the details of the plan's funding, but previous large-scale projects proposed by the Vermont progressive have involved ending tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans and large

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3845 ... -americans

What will these jobs consist of?
Where will the funding for it come from?

Only way such things are sustainable is with a huge growth in the capitalist economy, and an accompanying increase in the value of labor required for it due to supply & demand.

Somehow I doubt Bernie will be able to create an environment conducive to bringing that much growth to America's business. Which means he wants to go the route of Venezuela, making the government step in to dictate & run the economy. Right into the ground.

Neo-Commies are fucking clueless. :roll: They keep making the same mistakes, yet expect a different outcome. Too many people have no concept of cause & effect regarding macro scale humanity and economics.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:51 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 8960
Somehow I think the critical part of this is the "or wants one". I'm sure ol' Bernie will be taking care of all those folks as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:00 am 
Sergeant Major

"or wants one" refers to a joint.

ReeferCare. Sanders 2020

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:02 am 
Sergeant Major

That would be a funny bumper sticker. ;)

Profile E-mail