maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: legalities
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
I have a problem that is nobody here's bidness. I won't go into it.

It's not a criminal thing.

IRL I'm very seemly. Conducting bidness w/ me is polite and proficient. That is my nature. ok.

I just want answers to a few questions, made appointment and travel to discussion. The Lawyer talked to me very little then left. I don't like wasting ppl's time. I'm not sure who's time was wasted there his or mine :roll: B/c I feel my time spent talking to him was wasted. He offered nothing. No advice. He walked in nodded his head, and walked out. Gee, thanks, dude. I didn't say that I just thought it and wondered why I'd bothered.

Anyway a paralegal came in and talked to me. She answered the questions I wanted to ask and, imo, provided real legal service regarding what I should do. I'm thinking about this very carefully. The lawyer's advice was careless and worthless to me. The paralegal's advice was critical.

Next time I'll just schedule an appointment w/ her. She understands that ppl seeking legal advice really are just seeking legal advice.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: legalities
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
C_S wrote:
I have a problem that is nobody here's bidness. I won't go into it.

It's not a criminal thing.

IRL I'm very seemly. Conducting bidness w/ me is polite and proficient. That is my nature. ok.

I just want answers to a few questions, made appointment and travel to discussion. The Lawyer talked to me very little then left. I don't like wasting ppl's time. I'm not sure who's time was wasted there his or mine :roll: B/c I feel my time spent talking to him was wasted. He offered nothing. No advice. He walked in nodded his head, and walked out. Gee, thanks, dude. I didn't say that I just thought it and wondered why I'd bothered.

Anyway a paralegal came in and talked to me. She answered the questions I wanted to ask and, imo, provided real legal service regarding what I should do. I'm thinking about this very carefully. The lawyer's advice was careless and worthless to me. The paralegal's advice was critical.

Next time I'll just schedule an appointment w/ her. She understands that ppl seeking legal advice really are just seeking legal advice.

I have dealt with many attorneys in the past, both professionally and personally.

Some attorneys are good, while others are not worth the cost of even a phone call.

IMHO it is the paralegals that do all the heavy lifting behind the scenes.
Unfortunately, paralegals are generally not allowed to offer "legal advice", even though they sometimes know more about what is going on than the attorney.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
When I divorced my first wife, a paralegal told me what forms to file, where to get them and where to file them ... she charged $25 for the instructions ... I followed them and got my divorce. Paralegals are fine in my book. I didn't need legal advice, I just needed the instructions on how to execute the process. I brought my wife with me to talk to the judge in the judges chambers, in case the judge had any questions, she did, but in 5m it was done. Nice and simple and not very costly.

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
"This post was prepared by Chicken Salad as a service to the Internet community. It is intended; but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information w/o first seeking the advice of an attorney."

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Get this...when you are doing a "prenup" the party in the superior financial position who will presumably impose restrictions on the other party is supposed to hire BOTH attorneys in order for the weaker party to be properly represented :roll: :lol:

This is what the "opposing attorney" told me. I told him "fuck that!" We came to an agreement quickly. Idiot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
Attention, lawyer up!

That is very fashionable during these days. Even lawyers are doing it. :lol:

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
I've never got my money's worth out of any attorney I ever paid; and some of them were supposed to have been "quite good."

Profile E-mail