maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: London murder rate overtakes New York's
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/94737 ... nife-crime

Quote:
‘London is DEBASED' Morrissey rages at Sadiq Khan after violent epidemic

MORRISSEY has slammed London Mayor Sadiq Khan following the rise of violent attacks recorded in the capital saying London is “second only to Bangladesh” and claimed Mr Khan “cannot talk properly”.

By ALICE SCARSI
PUBLISHED: 00:11, Wed, Apr 18, 2018 | UPDATED: 08:30, Wed, Apr 18, 2018

The former Smiths frontman lashed out at the Mayor of London in an interview discussing his views on racism, violence and the capital.

And Morrissey stated that London “is debased” and that “civilisation is over”.

Going on a rampage against Mr Khan, he added: “The Mayor of London tells us about ‘Neighborhood policin’ - what is ‘policin’?

“He tells us London is an ‘amazin’ city. What is ‘amazin’? This is the Mayor of London! And he cannot talk properly!

“I saw an interview where he was discussing mental health, and he repeatedly said ‘men’el’…he could not say the words ‘mental health’. The Mayor of London!”

Morrissey, 58, also went on claiming that “we now live in the Age of Atrocity” because of the way authorities have been dealing with acid attacks in London.

Speaking to interviewer John Riggers via his new website Morrissey Central, the singer said: “London is second only to Bangladesh for acid attacks.

“All of the attacks are non-white, and so they cannot be truthfully addressed by the British government or the Met Police or the BBC because of political correctness.

“What this means is that the perpetrator is considered to be as much of a victim as the actual victim.”

Data from the London Metropolitan Police showed a sharp rise in acid attacks in 2017, when authorities recorded the record number of 465 recorded, up from 395 the previous year and 255 in 2015.

According to latest statistics, the Met Police have launched 56 murder investigations in 2018 so far.

Morrissey also declared the term racist is now meaningless.

He said: “As far as racism goes, the modern Loony Left seem to forget that Hitler was Left wing.

“But of course, we are all called racist now, and the word is actually meaningless.

“It’s just a way of changing the subject. When someone calls you racist, what they are saying is ‘hmm, you actually have a point, and I don’t know how to answer it, so perhaps if I distract you by calling you a bigot we’ll both forget how enlightened your comment was’.”

Express.co.uk has contacted Sadiq Khan's office for comment.

Well this isn't going to go over well in the SJW circles...

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17927
chijohnaok wrote:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/947372/london-news-morrissey-sadiq-khan-london-knife-crime

Quote:
‘London is DEBASED' Morrissey rages at Sadiq Khan after violent epidemic

MORRISSEY has slammed London Mayor Sadiq Khan following the rise of violent attacks recorded in the capital saying London is “second only to Bangladesh” and claimed Mr Khan “cannot talk properly”.

By ALICE SCARSI
PUBLISHED: 00:11, Wed, Apr 18, 2018 | UPDATED: 08:30, Wed, Apr 18, 2018

The former Smiths frontman lashed out at the Mayor of London in an interview discussing his views on racism, violence and the capital.

And Morrissey stated that London “is debased” and that “civilisation is over”.

Going on a rampage against Mr Khan, he added: “The Mayor of London tells us about ‘Neighborhood policin’ - what is ‘policin’?

“He tells us London is an ‘amazin’ city. What is ‘amazin’? This is the Mayor of London! And he cannot talk properly!

“I saw an interview where he was discussing mental health, and he repeatedly said ‘men’el’…he could not say the words ‘mental health’. The Mayor of London!”

Morrissey, 58, also went on claiming that “we now live in the Age of Atrocity” because of the way authorities have been dealing with acid attacks in London.

Speaking to interviewer John Riggers via his new website Morrissey Central, the singer said: “London is second only to Bangladesh for acid attacks.

“All of the attacks are non-white, and so they cannot be truthfully addressed by the British government or the Met Police or the BBC because of political correctness.

“What this means is that the perpetrator is considered to be as much of a victim as the actual victim.”

Data from the London Metropolitan Police showed a sharp rise in acid attacks in 2017, when authorities recorded the record number of 465 recorded, up from 395 the previous year and 255 in 2015.

According to latest statistics, the Met Police have launched 56 murder investigations in 2018 so far.

Morrissey also declared the term racist is now meaningless.

He said: “As far as racism goes, the modern Loony Left seem to forget that Hitler was Left wing.

“But of course, we are all called racist now, and the word is actually meaningless.

“It’s just a way of changing the subject. When someone calls you racist, what they are saying is ‘hmm, you actually have a point, and I don’t know how to answer it, so perhaps if I distract you by calling you a bigot we’ll both forget how enlightened your comment was’.”

Express.co.uk has contacted Sadiq Khan's office for comment.

Well this isn't going to go over well in the SJW circles...

It's not the first time Morrissey has spoken up about the situation lately.

I expect more such criticisms will be popping up in the future, from others. It'll be interesting to see how the Leftstream media downplays or outright ignores it. The only reason to occasionally check on the likes of BBC or MS13NBC; to find out what they're trying to hide from their intentionally ill-informed viewership. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17050
NefariousKoel wrote:
I expect more such criticisms will be popping up in the future, from others. It'll be interesting to see how the Leftstream media downplays or outright ignores it. The only reason to occasionally check on the likes of BBC or MS13NBC; to find out what they're trying to hide from their intentionally ill-informed viewership. :)

How true.

Aside from to check the weather the last time I visited the BBC website was trying to see if they reported on the recent Italian eurosceptic election win at all. ( It was there, took some major searching though, so it really wasn't there. )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 am 
Sergeant Major

BBC interviewing a Dem US senator (who is of course REFLEXIVELY or UNDER INSTRUCTION from Hussein and his live-in fat GF..not Moochelle..the other one ..opposing the nomination of Pompeo to Sec of State)....

First fucking question,,

BCC reporterette: Senator, do you think Mr. Pompeo will be a yes man to Trump's dangerous impulsive behavior?

WTF? What kind of bullshit question is that? She says "Mr. Pompeo" but not "Mr. Trump". She practically spits out Trump's name like he had already nuked half the known world. Her main premise is bullshit as her is insult to Pompeo.

Pompeo was FIRST IN HIS CLASS at West Point with a degree in mechanical engineering so you know he is smarter than 99% of the flunkies at BBC...he was Harvard Law School editorial board member. he wasn't the chief editor because he wasn't half black and wearing a dashiki. He started his own aerospace company

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Morrissey's open letter to Britain...

Quote:
I’ve Been Dreaming Of A Time When / the English / are sick to death of Labour and Tories

I despise racism.

I despise fascism.

I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.

In view of this, there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security.

That party is For Britain.

Please give them a chance. Listen to them. Do not be influenced by the tyrannies of the MSM who will tell you that For Britain are racist or fascist - please believe me, they are the very opposite!!! Please do not close your mind.

Labour is hopelessly naive.

Theresa May’s policies have turned Britain into a international target.

The BBC has closed down.

The Loony Left is concerned only with victim culture.

For Britain will keep British society together. Violence is not the way forward.
There are many problems in modern Britain that have become too large for Theresa May to deal with - mostly because she created them in the first place. The press appear to deal only in fashionable outrage; inflammatory and unjust comments against any new party that threatens the same old bloody pointless two-party system.

Please give For Britain a chance. They will bring an end to the modern Westminster mania for self-destruction. For Britain is the bulldog breed that will never surrender. Both Labour and Conservatives have already sold you down the river into righteous oblivion.

This is my last political strike. No wish to upset anyone! But the time has come to fight, and Labour and the Conservatives have their backs to the sea.

Are you capable of change?

Thank you, and peace for all of us

MORRISSEY

20 April 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messag ... and-tories

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:17 am 
Sergeant Major

After Ozzie Osborne, it is surprising when you hear a smart front man. Of course, that is a generalization by me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
Winston Churchill is probably standing on the ramparts on the walls at the pearly gates of heaven, gnashing on a cigar and vituperating about how the twats are ruining beloved Albion . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:24 am 
Sergeant Major

So now some mother in Texas is calling for "knife-control" laws in Texas...

http://www.wnd.com/2018/04/knife-contro ... -atlantic/

Quote:
KNIFE CONTROL MOVEMENT CROSSES ATLANTIC

Texas mother demands restrictions on blades
Published: 1 day ago

The knife control movement has crossed the Atlantic.

Just days after the mayor of London, where stabbings have surged in recent years, tweeted that anyone caught with a knife “will feel the full force of the law,” a Texas mother who lost her son in a knife attack is taking action.

PJ Media reported Lori Brown said the suspect who allegedly attacked her son “should have not been allowed to have an illegal knife on him and use it to murder somebody.”

She is lobbying Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott for more restrictions on knives.

“As with gun control, she seems focused more on restricting access to the weapon the murderer used than on enabling victims to defend themselves,” the report said.

Her son, University of Texas at Austin student Harrison Brown, died in a stabbing attack on campus in May 2017.

“I have nothing to lose. I will not take ‘no’ for an answer,” Brown declared. “If something like [the stabbing attack] happens again, I just don’t know what I would do.”

Authorities have charged Kendrex White, 21, with murder and aggravated assault in the stabbing spree that killed Brown’s son.

Police report he used a “Bowie-style” hunting knife to attack and injure four students.

Weeks after the attack, the governor signed H.B. 1935 into law allowing citizens to carry Bowie knives in more locations, although they still cannot be carried on K-12 and college campuses.

Brown said the new law disregards her son’s death.

“It really did feel like a slap in the face,” she said.

She wants a repeal and amendments to the law.

“I’d also like to see some changes made — on college campuses, university campuses and with this House bill — that prevent knives, Bowie knives, swords, machetes from getting into the wrong hands and coming onto campus,” she said.

The report said the law made it legal to carry a variety of knives, including daggers and dirks. But it still disallows knives with blades more than 5.5 inches long in some areas.

Following London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s move to control knives, TheGunMag.com Senior Editor Dave Workman was shaking his head in disbelief.

In London, authorities have reported 50 stabbing deaths already this year. Police are tweeting images of items they’ve confiscated, including scissors, screwdrivers, pliers and gardening tools and declaring relief that such implements were now in police custody.

“The mayor of London is acting silly, frankly, because bad guys who use knives to commit crimes are not going to turn those knives in. It’s just that simple, just like bad guys aren’t going to turn their guns in,” said Workman, who is also affiliated with the Second Amendment Foundation.

“I think this is an example of government run amok. They think they’re going to solve a problem by disarming the wrong people,” Workman continued. “They’ve already disarmed the wrong people by taking their guns away from them, and that makes them vulnerable to knife attack. I’m dumbfounded by the dumbness of the people in London under this mayor.”

Listen to the WND/Radio America interview with Dave Workman:

Quote:
Police report he used a “Bowie-style” hunting knife to attack and injure four students.

Quote:
Bowie knives in more locations, although they still cannot be carried on K-12 and college campuses.

Quote:
“I’d also like to see some changes made — on college campuses, university campuses and with this House bill — that prevent knives, Bowie knives, swords, machetes from getting into the wrong hands and coming onto campus,” she said.

:roll:

According to the article, the perp used a Bowie knife, which apparently was already not legal to have on campus, and this woman wants a law "that prevent(s) knives, Bowie knives, swords, machetes from getting into the wrong hands and coming onto campus"

It appears that there already is a law doing that....so what would making another law doing the same thing accomplish?

I sympathize that her son was murdered, but she appears to be asking for something that is already there.

I would find it ironic if the place in which Jim Bowie gave his life defending where to ban the knife that he created.

Edit:

Upon further research I found this:

Quote:
In 1871, the Texas Legislature passed a bill forbidding Texans from carrying Bowie knives and other arms like slingshots, swords, canes and brass knuckles. In 2017, these restrictions have ended.

State law defines an illegal knife as a knife with a blade longer than 5½ inches, a hand instrument designed to cut or stab by being thrown, a dagger, a Bowie knife, a sword or a spear. But Gov. Greg Abbott signed HB 1935 into law this month, changing the term “illegal knife” to “location-restricted knife.” Changes will take effect Sept. 1.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/5-th ... as-9573461

And they are still illegal to have on campuses or K-12 schools:
https://hobanco.com/blogs/news/texas-knife-laws

So at the time that her son was murdered, possession of Bowie knives and swords was already banned. The perp who murdered her son ignored that ban when he murdered her son.
And was illegal to carry Bowie knives on campus at the time that her son was murdered and it still is illegal to do so.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:40 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17927
Mac wrote:
Morrissey's open letter to Britain...

Quote:
I’ve Been Dreaming Of A Time When / the English / are sick to death of Labour and Tories

I despise racism.

I despise fascism.

I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.

In view of this, there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security.

That party is For Britain.

Please give them a chance. Listen to them. Do not be influenced by the tyrannies of the MSM who will tell you that For Britain are racist or fascist - please believe me, they are the very opposite!!! Please do not close your mind.

Labour is hopelessly naive.

Theresa May’s policies have turned Britain into a international target.

The BBC has closed down.

The Loony Left is concerned only with victim culture.

For Britain will keep British society together. Violence is not the way forward.
There are many problems in modern Britain that have become too large for Theresa May to deal with - mostly because she created them in the first place. The press appear to deal only in fashionable outrage; inflammatory and unjust comments against any new party that threatens the same old bloody pointless two-party system.

Please give For Britain a chance. They will bring an end to the modern Westminster mania for self-destruction. For Britain is the bulldog breed that will never surrender. Both Labour and Conservatives have already sold you down the river into righteous oblivion.

This is my last political strike. No wish to upset anyone! But the time has come to fight, and Labour and the Conservatives have their backs to the sea.

Are you capable of change?

Thank you, and peace for all of us

MORRISSEY

20 April 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messag ... and-tories

I can only imagine how the Leftstream media will be programming people to call him a Nazi and fascist. If they even bother mentioning it.

I've witnessed a small number of brainwashed Brit posters ranting about Tommy Robinson being a racist KKK-style devil, and absolutely refuse to watch or listen to him in order to find out for themselves. Shockingly closed-minded.

It's sad how people can be so easily brainwashed by big media and their party politicians. Despite having all the information available, at their fingertips, to investigate & inform themselves of the subject directly. It's obvious people such as those have been programmed to stay on the feeding tube and react with revulsion when given the opportunity to get off of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://reason.com/archives/2018/04/24/l ... fe-control

Quote:
British Politicians Declare War on Knives

Having failed to thwart crime with gun bans, British officials now want to restrict what may be the most useful tool ever invented.

J.D. Tuccille | April 24, 2018

It turns out that when you pass laws disarming people in an attempt to prevent violence, criminals who habitually disregard all laws don't make exceptions for the new rules. In London, crime still thrives despite the U.K.'s tight gun controls and the British political class is now desperately turning its attention to restricting knives.

A flurry of recent headlines reveal that London now has a higher murder rate than New York City, a metropolis of nearly identical population and one long considered more vulnerable to crime. "London police investigated more murders than their New York counterparts did over the last two months," Reuters reported earlier this month. "In the latest bloodshed, a 17-year-old girl died on Monday after she was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham, north London, a day after a man was fatally stabbed in south London."

Commentators note that this may be a blip and that New York City's murder rate for 2017 stood at more than double that for London. In fact, London's murder rate really hasn't risen much—instead, New York's has dropped dramatically. But that still represents a big shift. In her 2002 Guns and Violence: The English Experience, historian Joyce Lee Malcolm noted that "New York City's homicide rate has been at least five times higher than London's for two hundred years. For most of that time, there were no serious firearm restrictions in either city."

New Yorkers didn't need firearms to exceed the bloodlust of their trans-Atlantic rivals. Even if you removed crimes committed with guns from the comparison, "New Yorkers still managed to outstab and outkick Liverpudlians by a multiple of 3 and Londoners by a multiple of 5.6" over those two centuries," wrote the late Eric H. Monkkonen in Murder in New York City, published in 2000.

The mayhem that's closed London's homicide gap with its trans-Atlantic rival appears to be largely the result of violent criminal gangs. Firearms are strictly restricted in the U.K., including a near-total ban on handguns. Nevertheless, "n the 12 months to October 2017, there were 2,500 offences involving guns: a 16 per cent increase on the previous year and a 44 per cent increase on 2014," the London Assembly's Police and Crime Committee noted in January. Criminals, it seems, are not averse to committing crimes—including the illegal acquisition of tools that help them commit more crimes.

Besides illegal guns, British criminals also use edged weapons, which have been a favorite tool for mayhem since the dawn of civilization.

Having failed to disarm criminals with gun controls that they defy, British politicians are now turning their attention to implementing something new and different: knife control. Because criminals will be much more respectful of knife laws than of those targeted at firearms, I guess.

"No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law," London's Mayor Sadiq Khan tweeted on April 8.

Not to be outdone, his predecessor, Boris Johnson, currently Foreign Secretary, called for increased use of stop-and-search powers by police. "You have got to stop them, you have got to search them and you have got to take the knives out of their possession."

Poundland (the British equivalent of a dollar store) announced last week that it will no longer sell kitchen knives in any of its 850 stores. Similar stores are being slapped with fines for selling knives to minors.

British politicians propose banning home delivery of knives and police promote street-corner bins for the surrender of knives while also conducting stings against knife vendors. Their goal is to "target not only those who carry and use knives, but also the supply, access and importation of weapons."

It all sounds all so familiar, doesn't it? And yet so utterly pointless. If British authorities have been unable to block criminals' access to firearms—mechanical devices that require some basic mechanical skill to manufacture, or at least a 3D printer—how are they going to cut off the flow of knives, which require nothing more than a piece of hard material that can take an edge?

There are also practical downsides to discouraging the public from possessing knives—one of the oldest and most useful tools ever invented. Poundland, after all, isn't dropping the sale of combat blades; the company's move applies specifically to the tools people use to make their meals. The law looks much more likely to inconvenience peaceful people planning to carve a roast than to put off thugs who, push comes to shove, can find a way to sharpen a piece of rebar against a rock.

And remember, if guns and knives can be used offensively by criminals, they can be used defensively by would-be victims—especially if they're permitted to do so. In her 2002 book, Malcolm noted that "English law now prohibits civilians from carrying any article" for private defense. Seventy-eight year-old Richard Osborn-Brooks was recently arrested on suspicion of murder for fatally stabbing a burglar who attacked him in his own home; only under public pressure did police released him without charges. Current British law actually enhances the advantage criminals who ignore the law have over their law-abiding prey.

Rather than a race to ban dangerous objects that can only end with the criminalization of rocks and pointed sticks, it's time politicians stopped pushing laws that are ignored by criminals and annoying and inconvenient to the rest of us.

Photo Credit: Marc Soler/agefotostock/Newscom

[i]Contributing Editor J.D. Tuccille writes from Arizona.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next