maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quora Best Picks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:00 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
How could we fix toxic masculinity in children?
http://qr.ae/TU1NZg

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NZ6

Quote:
Kari Gaustad

Stop using the phrase “toxic masculinity,” implying that it is vile or disgusting to be masculine. IT IS NOT.

If the use of this phrase continues, the phrase “toxic femininity” will be heard a lot more often than it is now. With the third wave of “feminism toxicity”, there is more of a justified place for people to say “toxic femininity” than the former.

I don't see men attacking women just for the fact that they're women, or that they’re feminine, but I do see women attacking men all the time for the fact that they’re men and that they're masculine. In third wave feminism the intentions to do the right thing have made them become what they hate most: “Sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigots.” To quote a feminist movie favorite.

Women have become sexist. There is a complete double standard in the US, because this is OK, and accepted as such in American society. But, god forbid, a man tries to rationally explain something, like their point of view, they are mansplaining and oppressing women using the patriarchy to step on the necks of women everywhere by doing so.

It's a good thing my eyes can't fall out of my head because that was a hard eye roll. I may have sprained something.

Women who do this: QUIT BEING A VICTIM. GROW SOME THICKER SKIN.

You can't turn around without hearing how strong women are, how they could do everything men can do, etc. Yet, when someone's unhappy about something, it's the patriarchy's fault. If women are so strong ,why do they need to blame everything on everyone else, yet take NO responsibility themselves? This is not all women, but a lot of them, especially in universities.

They shouldn't talk about being oppressed and how men do it to them, yet, if a man tries to talk, he’s oppressing you, just by talking, sometimes just existing is offensive, so they talk over and bully him, becoming exactly what they are saying he is.

Hypocrisy much?

Using phrases like this just ends up in one thing.

Toxic humanity.

Given that the Arab/Ottoman slave trade took millions of Africans, why aren't there large visibly black communities in the Middle East? What happened to that huge population of slaves? Did they change the genetics of Mideasterners?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NcR

Why are people against gun control?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1Nch

Why do Americans deny their defeat in Vietnam war?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1Ncy

Quote:
George Scott, studied at Brigham Young University

Originally Answered: Why do Americans refuse to admit that they lost the Vietnam War?
About 30 years ago, Prime Minister Lee of Singapore, who is largely credited with the “Singapore Miracle” (turning a backwater nation into an economically prosperous nation) wrote an op ed in the New York Times in which he claimed the U.S. had largely won the Vietnam War.

His contention was that the U.S. wasn’t just fighting to protect South Vietnam from the Communist yoke, but that the U.S. was fighting to protect all of Southeast Asia (including his native Singapore). He wrote that although South Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos fell to Communism, the U.S.’s fight delayed the Communist surge long enough for Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines to develop their nations economically enough to make the Communist lure undesirable.

Prime Minister Lee argued that had the U.S. not fought the Vietnam War, Communism would have taken over all of Southeast Asia. The U.S.’s participation in the Vietnam War allowed the much larger portion of the Southeast Asian population to escape the yoke of Communism. And in Prime Minister Lee’s eyes (as a significant insider), this meant the U.S. largely won the Vietnam War, even though Indochina fell to Communism.

Why aren't Gay Pride parades seen as insecurities, but military parades are?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NcY

What's the hardest thing about being a guy?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NcC

Are Jews discriminated against in Sweden?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1Nc9

Quote:
Elke Weiss, Ethnically Jewish

Three days ago, on December 10, 2017

a group of Jewish teenagers are hiding in the basement of the Great Synagogue in Gothenburg, Sweden. They were supposed to have a party tonight, but instead they hide in fear, after their place of worship was firebombed by as of yet unidentified perpetrators. In Sweden, protesters shout antisemitism

The Jews of Sweden are under siege.

Two days in a row, hordes of pro-Palestinian protesters have gathered in Malmo, a city infamous for its rampant antisemitism, shouting, “We are starting an intifada and we will shoot all the Jews.” I know this because it was caught on video and reported by state media. Except the state media referred to the events as, and I quote, “aggressive atmosphere at rallies,” rather than calling to what it was – death threats and hate crimes, witnessed by silent bystanders and passive police. In Sweden, protesters shout antisemitism

It hits home.

My great uncle “Aryeh” was the caretaker (shammash) of a Jewish community in Sweden. His son “Dov” was the caretaker after him. Unfortunately, that ended when Dov’s sons were beaten up one too many times coming home from school. The older one “Tzvi” apparently had his face smashed into the concrete once.

So Dov and his wife, “Ayala” went to the school and found it that the principal saw fault on both sides. A big mob of kids should not have beaten up Tzvika but Tzvika did ask for it, by wearing his kippa to school. (Facing death chants and hate crimes, Sweden’s Jews live in a climate of fear)

Tzvika and his younger brother said they wouldn’t go back to school, and went to Israel. They had been chased out of Sweden.

Tzvika was dumbfounded to walk freely in Israel with his kippa, like a human being. “I’m free,” he whispered.

---------------------------

When I went a few years earlier, for Tzvika’s bar mitzvah, I was more scared there than in Hebron, an active war zone. (Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes)

The synagogue was subject to bomb threats, people shouted “Free Palestine” and obscene gestures at the synagogue as we walked inside, and the community felt under siege.

---------------------------

. Kosher slaughter has been outlawed in my country since 1937, and a bill is now pending in parliament that would ban even the import and serving of kosher meat in spaces partially or fully funded by the government. Circumcision is also under threat; it is one of few issues in Swedish politics where the Left and Right find common ground. In Sweden today, home to 15,000 Jews amidst a national population of roughly nine million, publicly displaying Jewish identity through symbols or dress means putting yourself at risk of verbal or physical harassment. Synagogues are heavily guarded and Jewish children play behind bars and heavy metal gates. Life Becomes Unbearable for Jews, Swedish Edition

Has the gender issue gone too far?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NcQ

What were the most chilling quotes ever said?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NSX

How can I argue that boys aren’t necessarily better at sports than girls?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NS8

Why is Islamophobia increasing?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NSp

How come the Japanese Army and Navy was so inefficient against the US in WWII despite having put so much effort into their armed forces?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NSK

What's your most controversial political opinion?

And the prize goes to:
http://qr.ae/TU1NSP

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Quora Best Picks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:46 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:52 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
http://qr.ae/TU1wtl

Was the Maryland shooting dropped from the media because of the success of the school resource officer?

Matt Pickering, Gun owner, engaged in state/national gun policies and politics, instructor/FFL03

Quote:
It is going to disappear rapidly from being talked about for the following reasons:

-There were not enough deaths and injuries to keep the attention on “if it bleeds, it leads”.
    -The shooting was stopped by an armed school resource officer confronting, engaging and killing the shooter before it became a mass shooting.
    -The perpetrator used a standard handgun rather than an AR-15.
    -The perpetrator acquired said handgun in violation of Maryland’s Handgun Qualification License law and minor access prevention law (“safe storage” requirement). The HQL, specifically, was sold to the public as a measure to prevent these very types of crimes after Sandy Hook!
    -The perpetrator violated the Federal “Gun Free School Zones” Act and violated Maryland’s “peaceable journey” transport laws that prohibit a “regulated firearm” (handguns and certain long guns) from being transport except to and from home to an exhibition by a designated collector, range or gunsmith. No stops in between are permitted.
    -The shooter carried a concealed firearm in violation of Maryland’s concealed carry permitting law as he did not possess the impossible-to-get “may issue” carry permit and didn’t meet the requirements to do so having lacked the mandated training and the required minimum age of 21. A permit is required to carry a firearm openly or concealed in public in Maryland and you must have a “good and substantial” reason to do so. Self-defense does not qualify.

Other than the shooting happening at a school, this incident does not fit The Narrative(TM) on how to push gun control via the media and “gun safety groups” because it doesn’t check the right boxes.

And you sure as Hell can’t keep this in the media long enough for people to realize armed defense against an active shooter works! That would give credence to Right Wing NRA Talking Points(TM) and we can’t have that!

33k views, 2.6k upvotes

Check the comments:

Quote:
Matt Pickering

Given that three days before the Maryland General Assembly rejected Governor Hogan’s request for $125M in school security funding, I find it interesting that now they are calling it a “bipartisan solution” and restored his funding and then some after Great Mills. It was a huge embarrassment for the MGA when that came out. They do not want to give Hogan, a Republican, any policy victories and this made them all look really bad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15300
Good stuff, Kameo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Yes. Very good. Some of the questions seem incredibly stupid or naïve....but they are probably genuine?

"male probation" is a funny idea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Yes. Very good. Some of the questions seem incredibly stupid or naïve....but they are probably genuine?

"male probation" is a funny idea.

Here is an incredibly stupid one:

https://www.quora.com/What-if-a-so-call ... un-control

Quote:
What if a so-called 'armed good teacher' massacres his whole class? Will conservatives finally agree with strict gun control?

At last I checked there were 60 responses posted, many of them sane and sound in the responses to this idiotic question.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:10 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
Quora . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:57 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
Quote:
What if a so-called 'armed good teacher' massacres his whole class? Will conservatives finally agree with strict gun control?

At last I checked there were 60 responses posted, many of them sane and sound in the responses to this idiotic question.

I had a lefty family member (not blood related) completely flip out when he found out that his small town schools began allowing the teachers to carry. Acting as if the teachers were all just invited to go on a killing spree. Raising his voice and asking why the teachers are being allowed to "kill children" now. Was a purely emotional wild-eyed rant based on nothing but feelz and leftstream media brainwashing.

After witnessing such unfounded emotional rampages, it's easy to see why lefties regularly lose their shit and go on killing rampages. :?

Amusing since he also had an ambition to become a teacher for awhile.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
What if so-called "armed good police" massacre a whole town? Will hysterics flee to the wilderness now to save themselves?

What if so-called "armed good military" massacre whole states? Will hysterics go on hunger strike to protest the insanity?

Planet of the Apes; there is no escape for any of us, no matter how hysterical, sanctimonious and know-it-all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

What if a “so called good armed little green alien from Mars” came to Earth and massacred everyone in the town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and turned everyone in Detroit into a zombie?

(The Martian would leave Chicago in its present state because the Martian is really really mean).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail