maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: North Korea, big news per FNC
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Mac wrote:
Didn't Obama order more drone strikes than any other president? Truely a man of peace...

Yes but the guys at the Hellfire factory did make their Christmas bonus.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8777
Kinda reminds me of the Reykjavik Summit between Reagan and Gorbachev...

http://www.thereaganvision.org/the-reyk ... the-story/

Will see if this pays off...

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
Lava wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
I'll just go ahead and say it: Unless the terms the North agrees to are unconditional surrender, and immediate full disarmament, and occupation by the south + America, any "talks" are pointless.

IOW, total humiliation. No Asian country would accept total humiliation.

Any country, Asian or otherwise, which continues to refuse unconditional surrender, just has not suffered enough yet.

Quote:
The deal here is that Trump has got to convince the NKs that the US has absolutely no interest in conquering their country and the final outcome must be a win-win solution for both countries.

I disagree. We MUST conquer them; just as we were required to conquer the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese. In fact, one could argue that the imperative to conquer the DPRK is even greater because (a) they are even more insane and genocidal; (b) they HAVE nukes.

They either need to be conquered or utterly contained: surrounded with sufficient interdiction weapons that nothing is allowed to leave their airspace and is immediately shot down, AND starved. I think invading and occupying is more humanitarian than starving an entire country to the point that they actually cannot resist.

Anything less is merely kicking the can of reckoning even further down the road of history, which is all that has been done for nearly 70 years.

Quote:
I would therefore expect guarantees of sovereignty, a process of reciprocal and verifiable disarmament in the peninsula, probably linked to economic rapprochement as we have seen in Vietnam (spearheaded by South Korea), eventually leading to the complete withdrawal of the US military and the signing of a peace treaty ending the Korean War.

Believe it or not, there is actually an opportunity here to turn an enemy into friend. We have done this with many countries including the United Kingdom, Germany and Japan. It appears we are trying to do the same with Vietnam and now North Korea could be added to the list.

I would say, DPRK can have their sovereignty back once they have been properly occupied, restructured, and reformed, much the way Nazi Germany and Japan were. Anything less is a band aid.

Quote:
Imagine 6 or 7 years from now the "little rocket man" accepting an invitation to the White House and the 2 leaders shaking hands on the lawn, smiling at each other, while the world press goes crazy taking photos of the historic event.

About as preposterous as ca. summer 1938 (after reoccuption of the Rhineland and the Anschluss and the imposition of racial laws, etc.) imagining one day little Adolf and Mr. Roosevelt shaking hands and chumming around the Oval office. A putrescent concept. One does not chum it up with criminals who frankly should be put in front of a firing squad.

Quote:
Trump has said many times during his campaign that you do not become a billionaire by making enemies. You become a billionaire by making friends.

God speed to President Trump and let's all pray he can solve this problem once and for all to the benefit of world peace.

Serial killers, Nazis, members of the Kim Dynasty, Pedophiles, Michael Moore, Maxine Waters, etc., are just simply NOT prospective friends. I'm honestly shocked to hear you express such things.

Trump will very likely manage to effect a similar "deal" to that which every previous administration has achieved, i.e., one which does not take the Kim Dynasty out of power and FIX the problem for once and for all. I don't blame him for that, I blame US, the world for failing to accept that there are certain forms of evil that are not worth reconciling with. They simply need to be destroyed before they become too powerful and dangerous for that to be a real option, as unfortunately happen with the Soviet Union and then China between 1945 and 1949.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

just heard this morning, the PRK now has enough fissile material for 120 nukes. :shock: Wait till they start selling the damn things. Then we are ALL screwed.

Get 'er done Mr. Trump. One way or another.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:51 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
I think the Norks saw the Pallets O' Cash our last president snuck off to Iran, as a bribe to reduce the speed of their nuke building, and decided they wanted some.

So they pushed hard to begin making a public display of their nuke and missile tests.

Next step is to ask for a big payout. Because past presidents, and especially Maobama, have ruined the principle of not negotiating with terrorists. Now that they've been paid off, it has only encouraged more to ramp up their belligerency so they can come looking for a payday. Not to mention the previously bribed regimes who will undoubtedly come back for more concessions in the future.

DPRK is looking for a big bribe. The precedent was set by our last Nobel-winning President. :x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
I think the Norks saw the Pallets O' Cash our last president snuck off to Iran, as a bribe to reduce the speed of their nuke building, and decided they wanted some.

So they pushed hard to begin making a public display of their nuke and missile tests.

Next step is to ask for a big payout. Because past presidents, and especially Maobama, have ruined the principle of not negotiating with terrorists. Now that they've been paid off, it has only encouraged more to ramp up their belligerency so they can come looking for a payday. Not to mention the previously bribed regimes who will undoubtedly come back for more concessions in the future.

DPRK is looking for a big bribe. The precedent was set by our last Nobel-winning President. :x

Exactly.

The ONLY resolution is for Kim to agree to effectively unconditional surrender. Anything less and he is likely to renege and exploit any indulgences he is afforded.

He and anyone else who has been guilty of the crimes of that state against its people need to be in a cell with indictments pending, NOT in charge of a country.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:21 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Exactly.

The ONLY resolution is for Kim to agree to effectively unconditional surrender. Anything less and he is likely to renege and exploit any indulgences he is afforded.

He and anyone else who has been guilty of the crimes of that state against its people need to be in a cell with indictments pending, NOT in charge of a country.

Total surrender isn't going to fly with the Norks, or anyone for that matter. Not without a big war.

We're holding most of the cards in this situation. We don't need to start a fight. Just let the DPRK continue to starve itself. Fortunately, we don't give a shit about the Norks and don't need to. Their welfare isn't our responsibility.

They're crawling out from under the diplomatic rock just because they are so desperately broke and hungry. Now they'll have their hands out. Luckily we got a hard and experienced negotiator as POTUS, who isn't afraid to tell them to pound sand if they make preposterous demands for concessions. I also suspect China is starting to get sick of propping the Kim regimes up just for their buffer zone and want a more stable, and less internationally volatile, situation there.

We have the political advantage in the status quo, and all the time in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
We MUST conquer them; just as we were required to conquer the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese.

As Neff already indicated...we don't need to "conquer them" (as we did the Nazis and IJ).

We already fought a war with NK, resulting in more than 36,000 dead Americans and more than 92,000 Americans wounded.

That is not to say that a new Korean War would result in a similar number of casualties, but there would still be a cost there.

North Korea borders China....the Chinese would not take kindly to having US combat forces *literally" on its border.

Trump has them in a position where they may finally knuckle down.
Explore this course of action before you start calling for an all out war.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:52 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6135
It's not our problem to fix NK... if their people are stupid enough to follow that guy, more power to him....

The only thing we do have a legitimate right to complain about is nukes. If he's willing to fix that we have won..

We shouldn't be worried about anything else. In the modern world we really don't need to worry about him invading SK....So we should have no qualms about limiting our presence there and stop our military exercises.... the understanding being that we would simply vaporize them if they tried anything that stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:06 am 
Sergeant Major

Not all wars are planned, orchestrated and executed with equivalent brilliance.

Another Operation Iraqi Freedom, or War in Afghanistan we do not need.

A Korean Peninsula analogue of the 1991 Gulf War would do wonders.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next