maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: North Korea, big news per FNC
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:36 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The key is not to let up on sanctions until there is meaningful movement.

There are a few bones the US could throw.

--We could promise never to base nukes in South Korea...not sure we do anyway but it would be good symbolism around "denuclearization" of Korea.

--We could unilaterally announce some troop withdrawals.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4894
Those are the chips in the game... stop the joint exercises... remove some troops.... it will be a total victory for him if we do that.... and it really is meaningless in the big picture... for that victory he hands over his nuke capability and allows us to inspect..... NK is such a small place there really isn't someplace he can hide that kind of tech...

That's the best outcome the world can expect.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6777
Ripper... listen to the actual words Trump uses when he talks.

It appears his favorite word when speaking about highly charged economic policy has become "reciprocity."

I would expect the same concerning the North Korean situation. We are not going to be doing anything unilaterally. That bullshit has got us where we are today. In the end, if a successful negotiation occurs with the North Koreans, there is going to be an incredibly detailed formula (verifiable by both countries) by which each nation moves step by step towards the final goal. I would expect the process to take years to implement.

And I do believe that Trump is going to bring a lot more to the table than just nuclear disarmament. I expect that a final agreement will include a comprehensive plan which will lead to the ending of North Korean isolation and acceptance in the world of nations.

This is too great an opportunity to be lost on solely a short term agreement on nuclear disarmament. Any businessman knows that you play the long game if you really want to win.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:07 am 
Sergeant Major

Right...agreed...you demand easy stuff to verify to start.

--No more nuke testing
--No more missile tests...submarine capable or ICBM's

These are 100% verifiable from remote sensors. I only meant "unilateral" in the sense the South Koreans or the PRK need not immediately reduce conventional forces. The top two conditions you get BEFORE you leave the first meeting or the whole thing is off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:10 am 
Sergeant Major

A Korean peace treaty would be the most Nobel-worthy achievement in decades. That would be a laugh riot. The Nobel committee would shit their drawers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:17 am 
Sergeant Major

Historic opportunity in Korea brought about by toughness and unequivocal threats...California unemployment the LOWEST EVER RECORDED...Hispanic unemployment the lowest EVER RECORDED...Black unemployment the LOWEST EVER RECORDED..ISIS gets its ass kicked..consumer confidence through the roof. Tax cut leads to repatriation of > $1T

Well, clearly we need to impeach the guy. What other conclusion can you draw.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:21 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4894
But what about Stormy Daniels ? Anybody who'd want to go for a ride on those basketballs must be a total danger to himself and others.... He must be stopped....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 9210
I'd say the fact that they are meeting already makes Trump more qualified for the Nobel Peace Prize that Obama ever was.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 16907
Didn't Obama order more drone strikes than any other president? Truely a man of peace...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:54 am 
Sergeant Major

nelmsm wrote:
I'd say the fact that they are meeting already makes Trump more qualified for the Nobel Peace Prize that Obama ever was.

Yes...but...but..but...there is no Special Envoy for Korea and no approved Ambassador yet....you can't make peace in Korea without the State Dept. :lol:

Trump makes more progress in one year with a couple of tweets and B-1 sweeps than 3 presidents 18 Special Envoys, 24 years of State Dept hacks sitting around tables. That's what is funny. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next