maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Korea, big news per FNC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:07 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12603
South Korea to make major announce about North Korea, very, very big.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: North Korea, big news per FNC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 12603
Meeting before May, one on one talks.

President agrees.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3803
I expect China would satisfy both as a venu with good security.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15095
I'll just go ahead and say it: Unless the terms the North agrees to are unconditional surrender, and immediate full disarmament, and occupation by the south + America, any "talks" are pointless.

I don't expect Trump will have the adamantium balls to insist on such a deal; doing so would likely doom any chance he has for a win in 2020, even if he understands that is the only REAL solution.

But that IS the only real solution. As long as the regime in the North exists, these problems will continue to resurface and likely to progressively worsen, as they have done since the armistice in 1953.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:10 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1334
Trumpolini's chance to win the Nobel peace prize. ;)

Now is the time what the art of the deal actually means. I really hope that the story does not end in the chapter eleven. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
No Hillary jokes please.

90% chance this is about peeling off the South Koreans from the US or getting sanction relief without meaningful steps...but it might work.

If there is food they will both be waiting for the other guy to take the first bite. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:05 am 
Sergeant Major

I should know better but I as listening to NPR again and the "expert" says.."I am cautiously optimistic but I would feel better if it were any other President" :roll:

3 other Presidents and all the "experts" in the State Dept have been rolled by the Norks. We have given them hundreds of millions of dollars and food and oil and STILL they have perhaps 60 nukes and a fucking ICBM. Trump has put together a meaningful and painful sanctions regime and is the first one with a plausible threat of the use of military force. The guy has tweeted FatBoi to the table.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8152
Anthropoid wrote:
I'll just go ahead and say it: Unless the terms the North agrees to are unconditional surrender, and immediate full disarmament, and occupation by the south + America, any "talks" are pointless.

IOW, total humiliation. No Asian country would accept total humiliation.

The deal here is that Trump has got to convince the NKs that the US has absolutely no interest in conquering their country and the final outcome must be a win-win solution for both countries.

I would therefore expect guarantees of sovereignty, a process of reciprocal and verifiable disarmament in the peninsula, probably linked to economic rapprochement as we have seen in Vietnam (spearheaded by South Korea), eventually leading to the complete withdrawal of the US military and the signing of a peace treaty ending the Korean War.

Believe it or not, there is actually an opportunity here to turn an enemy into friend. We have done this with many countries including the United Kingdom, Germany and Japan. It appears we are trying to do the same with Vietnam and now North Korea could be added to the list.

Imagine 6 or 7 years from now the "little rocket man" accepting an invitation to the White House and the 2 leaders shaking hands on the lawn, smiling at each other, while the world press goes crazy taking photos of the historic event.

Trump has said many times during his campaign that you do not become a billionaire by making enemies. You become a billionaire by making friends.

God speed to President Trump and let's all pray he can solve this problem once and for all to the benefit of world peace.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Give the guy free streaming on every Hollywood movie and offer to play the NBA Allstar game over there.

The guy has committed thousands of "crimes against humanity". He can't really leave or somebody will pull a Pinochet on him and he end up at The Hague playing chess with the Serbians.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:32 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5144
I detect a big Chinese hand in this latest development. My guess is that he's seen the Chinese writing on the wall if he doesn't do something..

All he really wants is for us to stop playing "kill the norks" 10 miles from his beaches... that's not asking that much to stop it... We agree to that and he hands over some nukes.... that's not a bad deal for all... we really don't need the practice anyway....