maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Floride School Shooting at least 15 dead
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
With 12k to 15k homicides per year, in all honesty the U.S. IS about like a low-intensity war zone.

But here is the thing: this war has absolutely NOTHING to do with either the 2nd Amendment, or with lawful possession of firearms by responsible citizens. I challenge anyone, anywhere at any time to offer sufficient proof of that; it cannot be done. The proof is actually for the causal arrow going in the OTHER direction: the highest firearms homicide rates are in those municipalities, counties and states with THE MOST restrictive policies on citizens exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

States with "shall issue" statutes have lower firearms crime rates than those without such statutes. Best estimates are that only 1 to 10% (at most) of firearms used in crimes were legally acquired. The largest fraction of firearms homicides are young adult males of ethnic minority identity killing other young adult males of ethnic minority identity with a firearm which they did not legally acquire and in a context that can be described as "gang-related" if not also "drug-related."

Mass shootings of all types, much less the smaller proportion in schools comprise <2% of a typical annual total of homicides. The best policies for promoting the welfare of the United States, and reducing firearms violence are as follows:
1. All states that currently restrict citizens 2nd Amendment rights in any way, adopt the least restrictive policies possible.
2. Repeal the NFA and the Hughes Amendment
3. Promote partnerships between NRA and various youth and community organizations to promote firearms safety and knowledge, as well as marksmanship and tactical ability.
4. Create a Federal law that requires all schools with more than 12 students on premises to hire at least 1 armed security staff with high level of training and sufficiently high minimum annual benefits package, and at a ratio not to go below 1 officer on duty for one hour before and one hour after all campus operational times per 75 students (which means that most small-town elementary schools [<=75 students] would need to hire 2 officers full-time and 1 officer part-time to maintain complete protective coverage).
5. Myriad social and economic programs that could promote the healing and welfare of ethnic minority populations; not social welfare give-aways, but programs that promote and incentivize family involvement by fathers as well as aspirations to middle-class status. This point is likely the least clear cut, but one thing is for certain: the Obama policy of blaming whitey, playing the race-baiting game, and dilating the welfare-give-away system is NOT part of the solution.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The Democratic politicians like to start with this: "5. Myriad social and economic programs that could promote the healing and welfare of ethnic minority populations; " and then skip the rest of it (both the rest of your point 5 and points 1-4 as well).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:51 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14927
You're more likely to be mugged in London or Paris than in New York City.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
Mac wrote:
I never knew Keeping up Appearances was popular in Finland. That was a show that went on too fucking long.

Keeping up Appearances is running again in YLE as a summer filler. But the 44+2 episodes are nothing compared to the 9471 of Corrie.

As for radio comedy, The Men from the Ministry has been extremely popular in Finland. Actually there has been more episodes in Finland than in UK. ;)

:lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
David Hogg gets called out by a girl...

Quote:
Gun-toting Kent State grad wants to arm wrestle Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg

Kaitlin Bennett, the Kent State University graduate who found Internet fame by carrying an AR-10 around campus after graduation, has challenged Parkland shooting survivor and gun control advocate David Hogg to arm wrestle.

Bennett tweeted at Hogg on Sunday, the day he graduated from Marjory Stoneman Douglas, where 17 people died in a mass shooting at the school in February. Four of the victims would have graduated on Sunday.

"I have a challenge for you @davidhogg111," Bennett tweeted.. "Let's arm wrestle. If I win, we get to keep the 2nd amendment. If you win, we turn in our guns. Deal?"

She followed up by posting a photo of Hogg and tweeting: "It's alright guys, the 2nd amendment is safe," and later referred to him as "twig arms."

It's alright guys, the 2nd amendment is safe pic.twitter.com/w2cHHCtLQH
— Kaitlin Bennett (@KaitMarieox) June 3, 2018

Hogg, 18, has not responded to the challenge.

Bennett, 22, from Zanesville, Ohio, led gun-rights activities when she was at Kent State — where students are not allowed to carry on campus — and became famous after she posed for photos around campus with an AR-10 strapped to her back last month after graduation.

I have no apologies for my graduation photos. As a woman, I refuse to be a victim & the second amendment ensures that I don't have to be. pic.twitter.com/5CKmQobrMb
— Kaitlin Bennett (@KaitMarieox) May 15, 2018

Now that I graduated from @KentState, I can finally arm myself on campus. I should have been able to do so as a student- especially since 4 unarmed students were shot and killed by the government on this campus. #CampusCarryNow pic.twitter.com/a91fQH44cq
— Kaitlin Bennett (@KaitMarieox) May 13, 2018

She founded the Kent State chapter of the conservative group Liberty Hangout, which calls itself a "growing libertarian media outlet which brings readers relevant insight into current events & promotes Austrian economics & property rights."

Hogg and some of his fellow Parkland survivors have announced a 60-day, 20-state, 75-stop summer bus tour called "March for Our Lives: Road to Change," to register young people to vote and to promote gun law reform.

Our first stop on the #RoadToChange will be the annual Rally & Peace March in Chicago. June 15th is just the beginning. #TheFutureIsVoting pic.twitter.com/WvH1iy4t4G
— March For Our Lives (@AMarch4OurLives) June 5, 2018

After graduation on Sunday, Hogg told ABC News he will continue to work toward common-sense gun regulations.

“I'm gonna be taking a gap year and not going to college for a year so that I can continue to work on these issues and promote sensible legislation, for example — not just around gun control, but around youth voter turnout,” he told "Nightline."

After she graduated last month, Bennett told media she planned to stay in the area around Kent State to work with the campus gun-rights group she founded. “If students thought my political activism at Kent will be over now that I have graduated, they are wrong,” she told Campus Reform.

On Tuesday morning, in an apparent case of swatting, an anonymous caller called 911 to report that there was someone with a weapon inside Hogg's home in Florida. SWAT teams and officers in tactical gear responded to the false call, according to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

No one was home at the time. Hogg and his family were in Washington, D.C., where he received the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award at the Kennedy Center.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-w ... 49399.html

Attachment:
1528379740969.png
1528379740969.png [ 424.65 KiB | Viewed 168 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major

She has powerful forearms for a woman. Seriously blue eyes. I think she could take the guy who clearly has overdosed on soy and has cock-blocked himself chemically with androgen antagonists. Maybe he could get it up if you gave him a magazine with Greek wrestler photos.

Way more macho name than Hogg as well. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14927
Smack talk. Shrug.

The doing is in the DOING.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:45 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
The kid does look like a twig. But even healthy women can have problems trying to arm wrestle a scrawny man.

Recent Exhibit A is beanpole NotGayJared, from the Crowder show, arm wrestling some lady:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
They should duel with flintlock pistols.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
They should duel with flintlock pistols.

Hogg would want them banned.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next