maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Floride School Shooting at least 15 dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
sven wrote:
nero wrote:
You know the difference, don't you. ;)

How many rounds per minute you can shoot with AR-15 and a Winchester.

I was in military too, every man of Finland is a soldier by the law.

depends on the Winchester Nero, the media is in awe that the YouTube Shooter changed 10 shot magazines in her 9mm....

because they are retarded hoplophobes.

Notice how quickly the media spiked THAT story?

It was a narrative killer.

10 shots are too much.

I predict that some California law makers will call for the same 7 bullet magazines that New York lawmakers required when they passed the SAFE Act.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:22 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5507
chijohnaok wrote:

10 shots are too much.

I predict that some California law makers will call for the same 7 bullet magazines that New York lawmakers required when they passed the SAFE Act.

Yeah "that'll solve it"

B'hai, Muslim, or idiot Donk shooter: "Derp I have to change mags 30% faster oh whatever will I do?"

*changes mag after 7 shots, keeps shooting*

derp derp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
sven wrote:
nero wrote:
What is the rationale for semi.automatic fire arms. Full auto is banned all but for old grannies. ;)

In army the assault rifles are used on semi, only on assault or defending against full auto is a good idea.

The US gun laws sucks, based on faulty interpretation of your 2nd. :roll:

;)

Full Auto is legal here with a tax stamp and extended background check champ....

how many NFA complaint Class 3 weapons have been used in crime?

I know when I want to know what US law is I go to asshole EUtopians.

The best rationale for extended background checks ever.

You are gonna lose your NRA favors. :(

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:32 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
sven wrote:
nero wrote:
What is the rationale for semi.automatic fire arms. Full auto is banned all but for old grannies. ;)

In army the assault rifles are used on semi, only on assault or defending against full auto is a good idea.

The US gun laws sucks, based on faulty interpretation of your 2nd. :roll:

;)

Full Auto is legal here with a tax stamp and extended background check champ....

how many NFA complaint Class 3 weapons have been used in crime?

I know when I want to know what US law is I go to asshole EUtopians.

;)

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:27 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5019
It's been explained many times that the reason you need to worry about magazine capacity is the Las Vegas type of shooter, not school shootings. I wonder why nobody's done that youtube video.... show what 3000 rounds looks like in 10 round mags versus 60 round mags..... then see how long it takes you to fire those 3000 rounds down into the crowd at a baseball game... you all know the facts but still choose to hide from it like children.... what will your excuse be when it happens ?

Why are machine guns restricted?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5507
Gump wrote:
It's been explained many times that the reason you need to worry about magazine capacity is the Las Vegas type of shooter, not school shootings. I wonder why nobody's done that youtube video.... show what 3000 rounds looks like in 10 round mags versus 60 round mags..... then see how long it takes you to fire those 3000 rounds down into the crowd at a baseball game... you all know the facts but still choose to hide from it like children.... what will your excuse be when it happens ?

Why are machine guns restricted?

DRAT! I can't change a 10 shot mag because the state of Nevada took my thumbs!

//Vegas Shooter

Had the dumbass aimed he'd have killed more people.

Thank God the likely democrat decided to use it as a PSA against bump stocks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 am 
Sergeant Major

So the schools in Broward County were not properly prepared for a shooting.....I wonder why that was?

http://thehill.com/opinion/education/38 ... ool-safety

Quote:
Exclusive: Broward County’s $100 million failure on school safety

BY DAVID WEBB, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 04/10/18 06:22 PM EDT

Marjory Stoneman Douglas is a symptom of a much larger problem.

If student activists think the various marches and the drive-through political calls for gun control are the solution, then I suggest that the student activists also engage with student journalist Kenneth Preston. Rather than carry the torch for an agenda, he has delved into the issues prior to and still exiting after that horrible day.

In an exclusive interview I spoke with Kenneth Preston, student journalist and Andy Pollack father of Meadow Pollack who was murdered at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.

This is a direct transcription.

This linked document is a detailed read of Kenneth Preston’s Investigation.

[00:02:24] KENNETH: … So for the last month or so I've been conducting an investigation into the conduct of the school board the superintendent and district officials prior to the tragedy at Stoneman. The findings of our investigation in two-fold. First off, a $100 million which superintendent and the school board had access to Since 2014, roughly 5 percent of that money has been spent. The second part of our investigation focused on discipline reform. We currently have a school discipline matrix and programs like The Promise Program and the Behavior Intervention Program which allow violence to be in traditional school settings. So law enforcement officials and referrals to police is not required for violent crimes like all four levels of assault, sexual battery, attempted robbery, so on and so forth. [00:03:22][57.2]

[00:03:25] DAVID: So those go a little bit wider into your investigation that you've developed a significant document on as you have tracked the money the issues the people involved and the players in Broward County. So taken from the money and from that period forward you said less than 5 percent has been used. What has happened to the rest of the money? Do you have any idea? [00:03:50][25.2]

[00:03:52] KENNETH: Well that's a good question. In fact I sat down with the superintendent yesterday and he gave me a long-winded runaround. But essentially what when part of a report came up a couple of weeks ago the superintendent was quick to go on Twitter and disregard it. He said that the news was fake but in the end he of that tweet he says if you're interested in real news contact Florida Tax watch or the Bond Oversight Committee. And I did. And they confirmed our numbers. They've criticized the superintendent and the board for the delays and have criticized them for not being more transparent with the public for the reasons for those delays. So why that money has been spent, all I know for certain is that it has not been the number one priority that they originally intended for it to be. [00:04:37][45.2]

[00:07:24] DAVID: Well look let's put some of the numbers together for the audience here and then we'll go back to those individuals both you and Kenneth can respond accordingly. Andy Pollack with me and Kenneth Preston Andy Pollack the father of Meadow who was tragically killed that day in Parkland. Superintendent Runcie in 2014, Kenneth according to your investigation convinced Broward residents to vote on $800 million in bonds for Broward Public Schools to invest back into the schools. Of that.... 800 million, I'm sorry $800 million as part of the program, 104 million three hundred twenty five thousand eight hundred twenty one dollars was designated specifically for school safety in that you as you mentioned before roughly 5.5 million dollars has been spent. [00:08:21][57.2]

[00:09:47] DAVID: All right. Kenneth if you could just pause for a second I want to continue on that Andy Pollak with you. You mentioned the system overrode the other system. [00:09:55][8.0]

[00:09:57] ANDY: Yes. [00:09:57][0.2]

[00:09:57] DAVID: Has anyone asked the question to your knowledge as one of the parents or anyone from the school officials side talked about the system or how it was tested how it was put in place so that would be effective? [00:10:09][12.0]

[00:10:11] ANDY: No I haven't heard anything. I've spoke, I've met with teachers on my own and parents and I told them all to look into it because I know that the teachers couldn't hear them calling the code red on the third floor because of the fire alarm going off. So whoever they hired--I'm going to find out days. Who who who orchestrated this whole incompetent system? [00:10:36][24.6]

[00:10:38] ANDY: But that's one of the reasons why on the third floor my daughter got let out of the classroom by a teacher with the gunshots going off 90 rounds go off on the first floor. I spoke with some of the teachers on the third floor. They kept their students in by the teacher. My daughter's teacher let her out into the hallway with the fire alarm going off but she couldn't hear anyone calling The Code Red anyway because that superseded the intercom system. [00:11:05][27.1]

[00:20:30] DAVID: All right Andy there are a lot of questions here as to what happened in the district actions by the board members. Have any board members addressed any of these issues with your other parents to you know to the best of our ability or in any way? [00:20:47][16.6]

[00:20:50] ANDY: They put together a commission that's going to be called the Marjory Stoneman Douglas safety commission. And I'm one of the members on the commission and our first meeting is going to be April 24. So I was appointed by the governor. So we're going to be this commission is solely to see what when what. Oh look at all the failures that happened in parkland all of that all the failures and then look at preventive measures for all the schools in the state. So whatever Kenny doesn't unfold in the next couple of days, I'm going to look through everything with Florida Department of Law Enforcement. [00:21:31][40.8]

[00:21:33] ANDY: So this is just the tip of the iceberg in the investigation. What he's doing we're putting it there's a there's a team put together to investigate this whole crime like sort of like the 9/11 Commission, Dave. [00:21:45][12.1]

As I write this, Kenneth Preston informs me that the Broward County school board had cut his speaking time in half and removed seven speakers from Tuesday’s school board meeting. Why would such interested officials not be interested in hearing from the people in the district they have been elected to serve?

Suppressing these voices will not to make the story go away and certainly ignoring the many issues outlined and address the money voted for that is not been applied.

In short, if Broward County school officials and their elected government choose to bury these issues and the facts presented they will continue to fail the people they are there to serve. Hopefully this does not result in more loss of life and tragedy in any form like what happened at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.

A reminder that the source documents in this investigation are available online at The Hill.com.

Webb is host of “The David Webb Show” on SiriusXM Patriot 125, a Fox News contributor and a frequent television commentator. His column appears twice a month in The Hill.

So the Broward County school system has had more than $100 million (already allocated) since 2014 dedicated specifically to school security, but has spent less than 5% of those monies.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13552
Quote:
... So the Broward County school system has had more than $100 million (already allocated) since 2014 dedicated specifically to school security, but has spent less than 5% of those monies ...

Really? So the rest of it is sitting in the bank gathering interest!!??

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:48 am 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... So the Broward County school system has had more than $100 million (already allocated) since 2014 dedicated specifically to school security, but has spent less than 5% of those monies ...

Really? So the rest of it is sitting in the bank gathering interest!!??

:)

From what I gather there was an $800 million bond issued in 2014, of which slightly more than $100 million was dedicated to 'school security', so presumably that money is sitting in some sort of account waiting to be used. Whether the Broward County School Board was smart enough to park that into an interest bearing account, I don't know (but based on the prior history of Broward County (schools and sheriff, I wouldn't hold my breath on that)).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 9960
That 5%, or a large chunk of it, that was spent probably went to brothers, cousins, etc. as consultant fees. 5% was probably the most they thought they could get away with.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next