maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kill Whitey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15927
So Trump could send the portraits overseas by executive decree? Good.

Meanwhile, in LA, on a slightly related note, social justice takes a shot at old Korean lady:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/02/14/man-allegedly-punches-grandma-in-face.hln

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Also, don't tell me there is some ironic or multi-layered "message" in a painting of an angry looking black chick with the head of a white woman because if it isn't clear to me it isn't clear to 99.999999999999% of the intended audience.

What exactly IS the message?

"Don't take our NFL players...white bitches"?

"This is for Aunt Jemimah"?

"Evah here of the fucking Haiti slave revolt, fucka"?

"I got your fucking white matriarchy, fucka"?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8996
jack t ripper wrote:
Well, Michelle is smiling because the artists made her look better. :lol:

In fact it looks more like one of the daughters. I actually like both paintings. It's 2018, not everything has to be Thomas Gainsborough anymore....but don't pick a guy that paints pictures of black chicks holding up the severed heads of white chicks.

Can you imagine if the Bush portrait artist did pictures of lynchings? He wouldn't be hired.

The severed heads should have been a dealbreaker, yeah. :)

I like Michelle's too. It would look great in a kid's room. Barack's is in the same league as Dogs Playing Poker IMO, but if he wanted it in his house, more power to him. They missed an opportunity. Should have had 3 artists compete on live TV, a black guy, a butch white lesbian, and an unidentifiable LGBQRIP. We could have texted our unlimited votes, at $5 a pop, to choose which painting went to the Smithsonian. Could have paid down the National Debt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Ahh...yes...it seems according to Snopes we are engaging in "blunt literalism". Both paintings are entitled Judith and Holofernes which is a biblical story of Jewish woman beheading an invading Assyrian general by pretending to seduce him and then when he nods off....zzzziiiippp. <facepalm>

Shit...they are right..I was being bluntly literal. Somehow, however, in both paintings Judith is black and Holofernes is a white chick. Maybe Judy is an Ethiopian Jew and Holofernes just liked to dress up like a red-headed girl?

"Blunt literalism" my ass. It is meant to show the powerful and morally superior black woman defeating the unjust and invading whitey. How stupid does Snopes think we are?

Quote:
Wiley takes obvious artistic license with the story — Holofernes is represented by a woman’s head, and Judith wears a gown designed by Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy. This new rendition can be interpreted on many different levels, including racial and gender identity and inequity, the representation of women throughout art history, and society’s ideals for beauty. In Wiley’s words, “I am painting women in order to come to terms with the depictions of gender within the context of art history. One has to broaden the conversation . . . This series of works attempts to reconcile the presence of black female stereotypes that surrounds their presence and/or absence in art history, and the notions of beauty, spectacle, and the ‘grand’ in painting.”

The curator of NCMA can kiss my moderately pigmented ass because they are all full of shit.

Snopes can't bring themselves to say the story is 100% true

https://www.snopes.com/kehinde-wiley-pa ... ered-head/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Barack's is in the same league as Dogs Playing Poker IMO, but if he wanted it in his house, more power to him.

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Someobody get CatLover ..that was funny as Hell.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

I'm going to start a Twitter thingy #BringBackOurHeads...see if it catches on. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Another SJW reveal of the underlying hateful bigotry and contextual misogyny of their cause.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

There is defintely something "off" about that Obama portrait:

Pictures were from this article on the subject:

Did Artist Give Obama an Extra Finger to Go with His Freakishly Large Hands?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Not an extra finger. Chijohn you should know this right? Abductor minimus muscle or something like that?

A *poorly rendered* one, but just the muscle on the exterior edge of the hand, rendered in a messed up way that makes it look like a gob of fat, a skin fold, or just kind of pressed a bit too far forward.

Kind of made worse because his pinkie finger is rendered over large.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next