maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Wuz Black n Shiet
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
jack t ripper wrote:
The funny thing is the ancestral proto-European hunter-gatherers were MORE distinct from SubSaharan African DNA than any modern Europeans

Too funny to be true.

jack t ripper wrote:
Cheddar man had been in Europe for a looooong time.

40000 years is a long time.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
jack t ripper wrote:
Addendum: I just realized they now have Heidelbergensis DNA. Damned amazing. I wonder how many fermented bananas do you have to eat as a Neanderthal to bed down a Denisovan...or a human with a Neanderthal chick?

That would be some SERIOUS fermented banana goggles.

My bold emphasis above.

How many fermented bananas does it take for someone to decide to bed down a goat, or a donkey, or something else outside your species?

Yet it still happens.

In this case it involved excessive smoking rather than drinking.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
The funny thing is the ancestral proto-European hunter-gatherers were MORE distinct from SubSaharan African DNA than any modern Europeans

Too funny to be true.

I know you WANT to be right but you aren't. Due presumably to later admixtures form Africa, ancient European HG DNA is more distinct from modern sub-Saharan Africans than is modern European DNA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Europe

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
I know you WANT to be right but you aren't. Due presumably to later admixtures form Africa, ancient European HG DNA is more distinct from modern sub-Saharan Africans than is modern European DNA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Europe

No offence, but where does the wiki article state what you are claiming? I could find the exact text to support you proposition.

Interesting article anyway. Genes does not lie, but there is perhaps too much information. And then lumping people together by current borders. For example Basques are included with Spain and the Sami should have separated group.

Then the theory that "whitening" happened after introduction farming is partially wrong, obviously. The Norwegian study shows blond white people over Arctic Circle ~11000 years ago. Meeting dark skinned blue eyed people. This is funny/interesting. Fancy to discuss that? ;)

Anyway no hard feelings.

PS. I don't want anything but learn, not push my ideas. I find prehistory fascinating. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

There is a good study of the Basque in the PNAS

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/38/11917

Meanwhile the Sardinians have taken the pole position as the most undisturbed population reflecting the original inhabitants of Europe and "Caucasian" which was always a linguistic theory, proves to be much too simplistic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19523
You guys are missing the most important part of this thread. Am I a Kang or not? and if so when do I get my gibs?

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
There is a good study of the Basque in the PNAS

I'd like to see a study to compare the genome of the Basques and the Cheddar Man. But then there are DNA findings of the hunter-gatherers in Spain. Starts looking...

And please, give the link to PNAS study.

jack t ripper wrote:
Meanwhile the Sardinians have taken the pole position as the most undisturbed population reflecting the original inhabitants of Europe and "Caucasian" which was always a linguistic theory, proves to be much too simplistic.

The Sardi, I have seen DNA studies where the Sardi are examined and compared to other populations. Starts looking...

BTW the Sardi were one of the Sea Peoples named to attack Egypt. But this late Bronze Age collapse is another thing, how interesting it might be.

I have seen studies to find connection between the Basque DNA and the Sami DNA in the Kola Peninsula. This Norwegian finding seem to be for that. But Sami people have dark skin, not very. Do Sami people have blue eyes, some have. Peoples go around and fuck around, the genetic blender. All over the world, and especially in Europe.

I like this. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
You guys are missing the most important part of this thread. Am I a Kang or not? and if so when do I get my gibs?

Well, that depends. Do you tap your foot on the down beat and can you dunk a basketball?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19523
Dark brown skin? Blue eyes? Turns out Cheddar Man was a direct ancestor of Tom Jones. Who knew?

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Dark brown skin? Blue eyes? Turns out Cheddar Man was a direct ancestor of Tom Jones. Who knew?

Better bronze than red. There was some degree of population change indeed. But who to blame, is it the neolithic early farmers? Or who who to blame?

Tiger of Wales.

Now I can say he can sing. 50 years ago I was for Animals, Kinks, Stones and Who knows what.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next