maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: We Wuz Superheroes N Shiet
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
Attachment:
1518108463602.jpg
1518108463602.jpg [ 56.1 KiB | Viewed 377 times ]

Attachment:
1518108535606.jpg
1518108535606.jpg [ 88.49 KiB | Viewed 377 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Attachment:
1518109118892.png
1518109118892.png [ 54.68 KiB | Viewed 377 times ]

Attachment:
1518109293516.png
1518109293516.png [ 79.16 KiB | Viewed 377 times ]

Attachment:
1518109666060.jpg
1518109666060.jpg [ 44.01 KiB | Viewed 377 times ]

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:01 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

On second thoughts, a only black folk showing of Black Panther might not be such a bad idea after all.

Attachment:
1518115647911.png
1518115647911.png [ 196.77 KiB | Viewed 361 times ]

Attachment:
1518115676000.png
1518115676000.png [ 378.11 KiB | Viewed 361 times ]

Attachment:
1518115700290.png
1518115700290.png [ 363.42 KiB | Viewed 361 times ]

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
OMG that sounds like a terrible movie outing. :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
NefariousKoel wrote:
OMG that sounds like a terrible movie outing. :?

That sort of shit is why I rarely go watch a movie in the theaters anymore.

I shit you not but about 10-12 years ago when my sister brought her family down to Florida for a visit we went to the local multiplex at a nearby mall to watch a movie.

We drove to the theater in my (then vehicle), a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport. We parked in the lot and went inside to watch the movie. (my Cherokee was pulled into the parking spot, nose first; the spot facing me was empty at the time. When we came out I discovered that someone had run into the front of my Cherokee--- the front bumper was pushed in some. It wasn't a huge amount of damage but the repairs still totalled up to around $600. My deductible was $500 so the insurance only covered the $100 in excess of my deductible.

I probably go out to the theaters now maybe twice a year. If I am up north visiting family I will try to go to the theater that is within walking distance of my parent's house. If I am elsewhere, I will try to go during a non peak time, like for a weekday matinee show (these are both less crowded AND cheaper). I will try to park in a far corner (but well lit) section of the parking lot. I will try to find a parking spot in which the nose of my car is pointed at the end of the lot or some sort of median with no car facing me. And I will even attempt to see if at least one side of my car is against a median-non parking spot.

Watching movies ON DEMAND at home is much cheaper and much less of a headache than going to the theater.
It does suck because it used to be fun to go out and watch movies---to interact with the crowd and see their reactions, etc. To get the overpriced tub of popcorn. Even the sticky floors were part of the "theater experience". Now......not so much anymore.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
Theaters in Tucson aren't unruly. People get thrown out if they are. I never go on opening weekend though, so maybe the behavior is worse then.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

As usual Trump has to ruin everything...

Quote:
Trump’s America Spoils Black Panther’s 100% Rotten Tomatoes Score

Though 80 critics have given Black Panther a positive review as tallied by review aggregator website and culture war battleground Rotten Tomatoes, one spoilsport critic has ruined everything for everyone by giving the movie a mediocre review, changing Black Panther’s Rotten Tomatoes critic score from a perfect 100% to an almost perfect 99% fresh.

“Black Panther spirals into a stodgy tale of internecine feuding, in which T’Challa is required to come to terms with the sins of past generations,” writes Ed Power for the Irish Independent, giving the movie a 3 out 5. “What he doesn’t get to do much of is jump around beating-up bad guys. That’s a shame.”

Going into further detail, Power suggests that Donald Trump plays a role in dragging down Black Panther, writing, “Fourteen months into the Trump presidency, Black Panther arrives on storm-clouds of hype and with the presumption that, as the first African-set Marvel movie, it will deliver a resounding high-kick to prejudice and decades of hierarchy, racial and otherwise, in blockbuster cinema. It is expected to stand for something bigger than itself. The strain is visible, especially in the performance of Chadwick Boseman as Prince T’Challa – the eponymous Black Panther.”

Thanks to Donald Trump, Ed Power didn’t enjoy Black Panther as much as he could have, and thanks to that, Black Panther now only has a 99% score on Rotten Tomatoes instead of 100%. Of all the awful things Trump has done during his presidency, this one has to be… well, okay, he’s actually done lots of worse things, but still, what a jerk!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/08 ... -rt-score/

The movie is down to 98% on RT now, bloody racists.

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
Theaters in Tucson aren't unruly. People get thrown out if they are. I never go on opening weekend though, so maybe the behavior is worse then.

Yup, opening weekends are to be avoided.

I normally wait a while after a movie has opened before I go see it, so they tend to be less crowded.
Now that I think about it, I can't remember the last time I saw a movie in which there were not more than a dozen or two people sitting in the seats.

I think the most crowded movie outing I had in the last 5-10 years was when my brother and I watched a reshowing of some old movie at the Music Box Theater in Chicago. The Music Box is a restored theater that was built in 1929. When the owners wanted to "expand" their viewing options they rejected the idea of carving up the theater into smaller viewing rooms. Instead they took over the adjacent storefront and renovated it into a 2nd theater that IIRC, seats about 30-40 people. The entire space is probably no bigger than 20 feet wide by 40 feet long. It was a Hitchcock double feature (The Lady Vanishes and another movie whose name escapes me) but the theater was "packed" (so about 35 people). As difficult as it was for us, the crowd at this event was able to remain civil. ;)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
Wait.. it's America's fault that an Irish film critic dinged an SJW film?

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

What was stopping Idi Amin from making epic Ugandan films? Or why wasn't there a Zimbabwe Film Festival? Was that "white patriarchy".

Honestly, if anyone ever said "white patriarchy" to me in person I would drop the f-bomb. Idiocy run wild.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next