maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: South Africa
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Somebody over there needs to read a little John Locke or Thomas Jefferson.

Maybe a descendant of Jefferson and Sally Hemmings could go over and knock some heads.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14927
jack t ripper wrote:
Somebody over there needs to read a little John Locke or Thomas Jefferson.

Maybe a descendant of Jefferson and Sally Hemmings could go over and knock some heads.

Actually, they shouldn't. That'd be cultural appropriation. ;)

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Well, South Africa seems intent on following Zimbabwe down into the shithole....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-africa ... iness.html

Quote:
South Africa's parliament endorses land expropriation without compensation

Reuters•February 27, 2018

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - South Africa's parliament on Tuesday passed a motion brought by the radical left party, Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), to carry out land expropriation without compensation, a key pillar of the ruling ANC government and new President Cyril Ramaphosa.

The motion, which would include a review of the constitution, was sponsored by leader of the EFF Julius Malema and was passed by an overwhelming majority of 241 votes in favour versus 83 votes against the proposal.

"We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land," Malema told parliament while presenting the motion.

The African National Congress (ANC), amended the motion, but supported it, with its deputy chief whip, Dorries Eunice Dlakude saying the party "recognizes that the current policy instruments, including the willing-buyer willing-seller policy and other provisions of section 25 of the constitution may be hindering effective land reform."

In his first state of the nation address two weeks ago, Ramaphosa made a direct appeal to poorer black voters - the core of the ANC's electoral support base - saying he would aim to speed up the transfer of land to black people.

Two decades after the end of apartheid, the ANC is under pressure to redress racial disparities in land ownership where whites own most of the land.

Ramaphosa said earlier on Tuesday he would pursue expropriation of land without compensation, but said this should be done in a way that increases agricultural production and improves food security.

The national assembly, in concurrence with its upper house, instructed its constitutional review committee to review the constitution in line with the successful motion and report back to it by 30 August 2018.

(Reporting by Wendell Roelf; Editing by James Macharia)

Quote:
Ramaphosa said earlier on Tuesday he would pursue expropriation of land without compensation, but said this should be done in a way that increases agricultural production and improves food security.

Right, we know how well that worked in Zimbabwe. :(

What foreign investor is going to invest now in South Africa if they know that the government is ready to expropriate private assets without compensation?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:48 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18773
Attachment:
1520090630653.png
1520090630653.png [ 1.4 MiB | Viewed 482 times ]

Attachment:
1520091521032.png
1520091521032.png [ 331.85 KiB | Viewed 482 times ]

I wonder if they will still be acting so high n mighty when it turns into Zimbabwe 2: Electric Boogaloo...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8277
The response should be to give all white South Africans priority for citizenship in the US.

Just as we should be giving all Christians in Muslim lands priority to come to the US and escape genocide.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

When they get done Zimbabwe will need border police to keep South Africans out. :lol:

Anyone with assets in South Africa should think twice about that idea. The ANC was a Marxist organization at their inception. They are merely returning to their roots and adding a very virulent form of racism to the brew.

Oprah could probably buy up about half the white farms at deep discounts and install black farmer in leaseback arrangements or resell at a profit. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:53 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218
South Africa was all but uninhabited when the racists began settling there. The aborigines consisted of a few tribes of Zulus. The black population swelled from economic migrants, much the same way "Palestine" became chock full of Arabs. The colonialists turned South Africa into a first world nation. There are no black first world nations. Never have been; never will be.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
doggie wrote:
South Africa was all but uninhabited when the racists began settling there. The aborigines consisted of a few tribes of Zulus. The black population swelled from economic migrants, much the same way "Palestine" became chock full of Arabs. The colonialists turned South Africa into a first world nation. There are no black first world nations. Never have been; never will be.

According to Doggie the Afrikaner were first, the Zulus came much later. But how about the Khoikhoi, Hottentot?

When the Dutch came to South Africa, they had the bible, the Hottentot had the land. After few centuries the Dutch had the land, the Zulus the bible, the Hottentot were gone. :roll:

Evolution. :mrgreen:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:26 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18773
An article from a few years ago where the Zulu King claimed that blacks destroy South Africa...

Quote:
The official king of South Africa’s Zulu tribe has announced that that country was economically, militarily, and socially better under white Afrikaner rule—and that history will judge blacks as only having destroyed everything that they had inherited from the white government.

King Goodwill Zwelithini, who has been Zulu king since December 1971, made the remarks during a speech at an official royal household event in Nongoma, located in the northeastern part of the eastern seaboard province of KwaZulu-Natal, over the past weekend.

The event, held to mark his forty-fourth year on the Zulu throne, was reported on by the Natal Mercury newspaper.

King Zwelithini said the former white rulers of South Africa had “built a powerful government with the strongest economy and army on the continent.”

He went on to say that the white government had “a mighty army, and that the South African currency and economy had shot up” under the National Party government.

“But then,” he continued, “came this so-called democracy in which black people are destroying the gains of the past. The economy that we are now burning down.”

Addressing himself directly to black people, King Zwelethini said that “you do not want to build on what you had inherited. You are going to find yourselves on the wrong side of history.”

“History will judge black people harshly as they have failed to build on the successes of the Afrikaners,” he said, before continuing to explain that “black people loved to use matches to burn down infrastructure” built by the white government.

King Zwelithini said that “people on the ground did not appreciate the infrastructure” which they had inherited from the white rulers, even though the ANC leaders themselves governed from the very buildings which the whites had created.

Referring specifically to the Union Buildings in Pretoria and the South African Parliament in Cape Town, King Zwelithini said that he was “surprised that all presidents who have been elected in this so-called democracy, occupy apartheid buildings.”

“But you on the ground, are burning everything that you found here. . . you don’t want to use them (buildings), you say this is apartheid infrastructure,” he said.

Finally, he informed his audience that he “feels lucky that I was born the same year the National Party came to power, in 1948. The Afrikaners respected me. I don’t know how it happened that the Afrikaners respect me so much.”

He also mentioned that at one of his palaces in Nongoma, he still had all the medals which the white government had awarded to his “kingdom,” marking out historical events and achievements of the Zulu people.

King Zwelithini’s comments come after a falling out with the ANC government—which he previously supported—over the reorganization and funding of his royal household.

http://newobserveronline.com/zulu-king- ... th-africa/

I guess we are going to find out if he was right or not.

Attachment:
1f3.jpg
1f3.jpg [ 74.01 KiB | Viewed 463 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next