Open all night
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Apple announces plans to repatriate billions in overseas cas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:06 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Quote:
Apple announces plans to repatriate billions in overseas cash, says it will contribute $350 billion to the US economy over the next 5 years

Apple says the new tax law will help it will contribute $350 billion to the U.S. economy over the next five years.
It says it will create 20,000 new jobs and open a new campus.
Apple expects to pay about $38 billion in taxes for the horde of cash it plans to bring back to the United States.

Anita Balakrishnan | @MsABalakrishnan
Published 6 Hours Ago Updated 3 Hours Ago
(continued)
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/apple-a ... years.html
Wow, that's more then I make in a year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Apple announces plans to repatriate billions in overseas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Wow...that's 1/3rd TRILLION

Who is the guy with the bad combover and the BMI of 29.9 that said this would happen?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Apple announces plans to repatriate billions in overseas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:49 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
I'd think such cause & effect would be obvious, but apparently there is a swath of the population who either had no clue or refused the knowledge in favor of 'feelz'.

Who would've thought that cutting taxes on business, bringing it competitively closer to that of foreign countries where much business had been off-shored, could bring it back? Only requires some common sense.

It makes sense to have your production and services located in your single biggest & most profitable customer base's country. Save big on long distance shipment of goods, faster communication & turnarounds, etc.

Unless, of course, the host country's politicians increase the percentage of your profits that you send them. So much increase that doing business elsewhere, and the extra long distance cost, is still more profitable. Add in the same politicians making trade deals which also favor doing that business elsewhere, and it's surprising anyone was still bothering to stay.

Far past time this shit situation got fixed. DC really kicked this fuckery into full gear back in the '90s, and let the trend continue since then. Hell, many of them are still fighting, tooth & nail, to oppose fixing it. I hope these types of globalist jerks suffer extinction in our gov't, but there's still a long way to go.