Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ... Writer Jon Del Arroz Banned from Worldcon Sci-Fi Conven
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:06 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Quote:
Conservative Hispanic Writer Jon Del Arroz Banned from Worldcon Sci-Fi Convention
By Megan Fox January 3, 2018

Jon Del Arroz won't be going to the Worldcon science fiction convention, even though he is the leading Hispanic voice in science fiction and he bought a ticket. The multi-award nominated military science fiction author was banned publicly from the upcoming festivities in San Jose, California, without ceremony or explanation by Worldcon's Incident Response Team. "At this time we are converting your membership to Worldcon76 to a supporting membership as you will not be permitted to attend the convention. On your personal blog you have made it clear that you are both expecting and planning on engendering a hostile environment which we do not allow. If you are found on the premises of the convention center or any of the official convention hotels you will be removed," the organizers wrote.
(Continued)
https://pjmedia.com/trending/sjws-bar-c ... ist-bully/

They won't say why, maybe a snowflake's feelings were hurt.

All I can say is 'support Jon Del Arroz'. http://delarroz.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Jon-Del-Arroz/e/B01NBOZVCP

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ... Writer Jon Del Arroz Banned from Worldcon Sci-Fi Co
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
abradley wrote:
Quote:
Conservative Hispanic Writer Jon Del Arroz Banned from Worldcon Sci-Fi Convention
By Megan Fox January 3, 2018

Jon Del Arroz won't be going to the Worldcon science fiction convention, even though he is the leading Hispanic voice in science fiction and he bought a ticket. The multi-award nominated military science fiction author was banned publicly from the upcoming festivities in San Jose, California, without ceremony or explanation by Worldcon's Incident Response Team. "At this time we are converting your membership to Worldcon76 to a supporting membership as you will not be permitted to attend the convention. On your personal blog you have made it clear that you are both expecting and planning on engendering a hostile environment which we do not allow. If you are found on the premises of the convention center or any of the official convention hotels you will be removed," the organizers wrote.
(Continued)
https://pjmedia.com/trending/sjws-bar-c ... ist-bully/

They won't say why, maybe a snowflake's feelings were hurt.

All I can say is 'support Jon Del Arroz'. http://delarroz.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Jon-Del-Arroz/e/B01NBOZVCP

Quote:
"With Worldcon's statements about 'intent' to violate their rules, and failure to specify rules, this is a clear targeting over my politics because I'm a vocal Christian and Hispanic Trump supporter," says Del Arroz. "The left claims I should be banned for controversial political opinions, but the only opinion I espouse on a regular basis is that artists should not be blackballed for their politics. That shouldn't be a controversial topic. It is imperative that artists be free from fear of retaliation of their industry in order that they might create great works of art. This is the ultimate free speech issue."

That's what it's down to. Enforced views of political correctness versus free speech.

The Social Authoritarians know they can't ultimately win that battle, due to the Constitution, so this kind of social blacklisting is their next resort.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Brown shirts cunts at it, per usual.

This bullshit pisses me off.

Quote:
Perhaps not coincidentally, on the same day he was banned from Worldcon, Del Arroz was also notified that his Facebook has been shut down over this photo of him holding a Kekistani flag (an ironic joke that Trump supporters use to illustrate that they are an oppressed minority that is continually silenced. It is often accompanied by #FreeKekistan. The "Ks" on the flag spell KEK — gamer slang for LOL. Seriously. But the SJW left and now Facebook claim it's a hate flag that has something to do with the KKK --it doesn't). While the announcement from Facebook says they removed the post, Del Arroz reported that he was locked out of his account for several hours today.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
NefariousKoel wrote:
That's what it's down to. Enforced views of political correctness versus free speech.

The Social Authoritarians know they can't ultimately win that battle, due to the Constitution, so this kind of social blacklisting is their next resort.

Yeah, President Trump has already criticized the libel laws in the US. Perhaps you just copy the old true ones from the UK. ;)

Make Lèse-majesté a capital crime again.

MAGA.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:39 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
NefariousKoel wrote:

Quote:
Perhaps not coincidentally, on the same day he was banned from Worldcon, Del Arroz was also notified that his Facebook has been shut down over this photo of him holding a Kekistani flag (an ironic joke that Trump supporters use to illustrate that they are an oppressed minority that is continually silenced. It is often accompanied by #FreeKekistan. The "Ks" on the flag spell KEK — gamer slang for LOL. Seriously. But the SJW left and now Facebook claim it's a hate flag that has something to do with the KKK --it doesn't). While the announcement from Facebook says they removed the post, Del Arroz reported that he was locked out of his account for several hours today.

For fucks sakes, how can people be so divorced from reality? Pepe the frog is a facist hate symbol and the Kekistani flag is linked to the KKK. :roll:
Learn to do a google search first you dense cunts.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

For fucks sakes, how can people be so divorced from reality? Pepe the frog is a facist hate symbol and the Kekistani flag is linked to the KKK. :roll:
Learn to do a google search first you dense cunts.

And I piss on Kekistan flag anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

nero wrote:

You do have something in common with 4chan then. Doesn't seem to take long for something that starts out as a joke to reach cancerous levels of cringe once normies latch on to it. Just look at the state of the hacktivist group Anonymous these days...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
nero wrote:

You do have something in common with 4chan then. Doesn't seem to take long for something that starts out as a joke to reach cancerous levels of cringe once normies latch on to it. Just look at the state of the hacktivist group Anonymous these days...

I hear the call from dark side. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
nero wrote:

Anonymity hasn't missed any meals...... :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Quote:
Son of Democratic Congressman: ‘Coming Out as a Republican Went Worse Than Coming Out Gay’
by Charlie Nash12 Jan 2018238

Adam Levine, a writer for the Federalist and the son of a Democratic congressman, claimed in an article this week that it was harder to come out as a Republican than it was to come out gay.

“I am not a sex offender. But a number of my friends no longer have time to see me,” declared Levine in the article. “Lifelong acquaintances now regard me with fear and distrust. I have been unfriended en masse on social media and excoriated by friends who deign to remain. And I have been singly excluded from social gatherings when the rest of my family was invited.”
(Continued)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... g-out-gay/

Profile E-mail