maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shithole Survey
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15095
Give us a "polite" word that conveys the full range of things that "shithole" conveys in only 10% more characters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Sometimes conciseness is superior.

"shithole" is much more descriptive than "Excrement Collection and Biological Degradation Concavity" or even "Geographic Entity with Severely Impaired Governance, Desperate Economic Conditions, Environmental Degradation, Hopelessness, Despair, Widespread Corruption, Disastrous Public Health Conditions (with or without the Additional Burden of Islam as a State Religion)"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Sometimes conciseness is superior.

"shithole" is much more descriptive than "Excrement Collection and Biological Degradation Concavity" or even "Geographic Entity with Severely Impaired Governance, Desperate Economic Conditions, Environmental Degradation, Hopelessness, Despair, Widespread Corruption, Disastrous Public Health Conditions (with or without the Additional Burden of Islam as a State Religion)"

Exactly.

All Trump had to do was preface with:

" . . . and pardon my vernacular here, but for lack of a suitable encompassing term 'shithole countries'" and the meager basis to be critical of his use of language would be swept away.

It is a meager basis in the first place so I don't see the point of turning it into a mountain.

There are many countries which are, for lack of a suitable encompassing technical term "shitholes." It does no one any good to deny the facts, least of all the people who are suffering powerless in those shitholes.

ADDIT: I suppose "basket-case countries" is a reasonable approximation of the same range of meanings as those conveyed by "shithole." But it isn't quite the same.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1334
I am certain that this "shithole" does not reflect the official opinion of the USA, but rather reflect the personal qualities of Donald Trump. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Right . . . Haiti is such an advanced country. Not a basket-case (aka "shithole") at all . . . Just a malicious Russian puppet opinion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Right . . . Haiti is such an advanced country. Not a basket-case (aka "shithole") at all . . . Just a malicious Russian puppet opinion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

I've come to realize you have a Putin fetish. Just admit it Nero. You've got a big woody-endowed man crush on the man don'tcha?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
I've come to realize you have a Putin fetish. Just admit it Nero. You've got a big woody-endowed man crush on the man don'tcha?

Putin, Gasputin, Rasputin, Lilliputin. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
I am certain that this "shithole" does not reflect the official opinion of the USA, but rather reflect the personal qualities of Donald Trump. ;)

What? Haiti IS a shithole. It's not even arguable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
I know a woman from Haiti. She speaks English, French, and Creole. She's extremely intelligent. It's not the ppl who live in shitholes, it's their shithole governance.

Came very close to happening here in America. We almost had Hillary. I think O'bama thinking set us back decades, president Trump is fro'ing all engines in full, panic mode reverse. Trying to anyway. Hillary would have buried us all alive.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next