maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shithole Survey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
Raheeeemm!!

The Sky News guy cuts Raheem off (or the producer) and he says "Oh, what a crying shame" :lol: ..then they put him back on and he turns the table on them about London turning into a shithole. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5019

Politics aside there is a globalizt plan at work in promoting immigration from shitholes... the hope being that in 200 years enough of those westernized shitholers would filter back (through family ties etc) to their original shithole and make it less shitholish.... I'm not sure the plan is working... Plan B might be the only way to actually accomplish such a thing.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Gump wrote:

Politics aside there is a globalizt plan at work in promoting immigration from shitholes... the hope being that in 200 years enough of those westernized shitholers would filter back (through family ties etc) to their original shithole and make it less shitholish.... I'm not sure the plan is working... Plan B might be the only way to actually accomplish such a thing.....

Yes, you will have some examples of that.
There were some European immigrants in the later 1800s and early 1900s who came to the US to make some money and then return to their homeland. The money they made in the US would often go a long way towards setting them up for the rest of their lives in the old country. I am even personally familiar with some that came from Yugoslavia in the 1970s and early 80s to Chicago with the plan to stay long enough to earn such a nest egg. They then returned home, built themselves a house and had enough to retire on. And that worked particularly well for them as the cost of living in the Iron Curtain was low, particularly when you had US dollars to spend. Even so, the vast majority of those that came to the US did not return to the “old” country.

I don’t foresee that working though based on what we are seeing happen in Europe with the refugees/migrants. There were reports that something like ~90% of the refugees admitted to Germany are not working, do not have the education and skills needed for the jobs available in Germany, and they are on the public dole. These people are not going to earn themselves a nest egg to go back to the “old” country like some of the immigrants that came to the US did.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:40 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
You know how you "reform" a "shit hole" country into a beacon of progress?

Only reliable method shown throughout history: utter defeat of any capacity on the part of the shit hole to resist, followed by their unconditional surrender, followed by the very expensive, long-term, and exhausting task of occupying, rebuilding, and reforming them. ADDIT: onerous to consider in both the short-term and mid-term, but also as shown in the last century, one of the most lucrative "investments" a Free World Power could pursue.

If one is not willing to go to those lengths, then cut your losses.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:54 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
You know how you "reform" a "shit hole" country into a beacon of progress?

Only reliable method shown throughout history: utter defeat of any capacity on the part of the shit hole to resist, followed by their unconditional surrender, followed by the very expensive, long-term, and exhausting task of occupying, rebuilding, and reforming them. ADDIT: onerous to consider in both the short-term and mid-term, but also as shown in the last century, one of the most lucrative "investments" a Free World Power could pursue.

If one is not willing to go to those lengths, then cut your losses.

Here is the difference between Japan and the 3rd world “shot holes”:
Prior to the US occupation of Japan (after the war) Japan had on its own risen to the status of a rapidly industrializing (if not having already reached that of an industrialized state). It’s people were industrious. Their government was also functional (although politically misguided). Where Japan needed to be reformed was with their political beliefs. That however is not the case in many, if not most, of the 3rd world. They never have reached a level of industrialization. Their governments are non-functional and corrupt. It’s not the case that they need to stand up, shake the dust off their clothes, and rebuild what they previously had (like the Japanese did). They were not there to start with.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

The best way to reform a shithole country is:

1) Become a British colony
2) Stay that way for 150 years
3) Pretend you like cricket
4) Import lots of guys in white wigs and read books by John Locke
5) Get rid of islam if you have it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:30 pm 
Staff Sergeant

I think the Clint Eastwood strategy might be the least expensive and with the most probability to eventually succeed after several applications. Who's responsible for this Shithole ? You boys best clear out from behind....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:08 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5507
Gump wrote:
I think the Clint Eastwood strategy might be the least expensive and with the most probability to eventually succeed after several applications. Who's responsible for this Shithole ? You boys best clear out from behind....

It worked wonders for the US in the 1890s to 1920s....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Fruit_Company

Banana-Boat Diplomacy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Pretty much SOP for Romans and Mongols too....... Motivational geniuses ... It's probably also the least morally questionable approach... as long as your intent remains noble... improving people's lives is a worthy objective imo...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:06 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
The best way to reform a shithole country is:

1) Become a British colony
2) Stay that way for 150 years
3) Pretend you like cricket
4) Import lots of guys in white wigs and read books by John Locke
5) Get rid of islam if you have it.

:mrgreen:
Unfortunately couldn't Image that one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next