maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shithole Survey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8777
It's also prima facie evidence that they are bigots, racists and hypocrites.

They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
My wife and I were chatting about the histrionics on this topic last night. She is in agreement that calling many of these places "shit-holes" is accurate, even if it is a bit crass.

I don't keep up with the state of politics on the African continent any longer, so I may be leaving out some, but all I could come up with:

I. The confirmed "non-shithole" nations of the African continent:
Botswana

II. Possible non-shitholes:
Tanzania??

Namibia?? It certainly is not a model of democratic freedom, but I believe

Uganda?? one of the Euro expats I knew in Botswana swore Uganda was lovely, that its Idi Amin era had been put far behind and that was in the 1990s so not sure.

maybe a few of the other small central African ones?

. . . maybe Kenya, not sure at this point.

Thanks in large part to meddling by Commies and Islamic Lunatics, post-colonialism has not been particularly kind to the people of Africa.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The media is starting to report that Trump was referring to El Salvador as well, which undercuts the racist narrative a bit but never mind...musn't get distracted from the goal.

Both Haiti and El Salvador came up because Dems were trying to continue "Temporary Protected Status" which, in the case of El Salvador was added by freaking Bush 43 because of an earthquake in El Salvador (and because his campaign donors wanted cheap Central American labor to chop up chickens and pick lettuce). Evidently "Temporary" is meant to apply to geological time not human time.

Here is a synopsis of the Dem argument..."You can't remove TPS for Haiti and El Salvador because they are still shitholes."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:00 am 
Sergeant Major

Trump did not say all of Africa is a "shithole" as there are examples of success...but there are also some major shitholes.

What does it mean when the US State Dept issues very strong travel warnings? It means.."this country is a shithole right now" :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 am 
Sergeant Major

To be fair, we have our fair share of "shithole" enclaves here in the U.S. of A.

Major sections of LA, Chicago, Phili, Atlanta, New York metro area, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8777
Anthropoid wrote:
Major sections of LA, Chicago, Phili, Atlanta, New York metro area, etc.

I'm sure Trump would agree.

The thing about all this that I don't seem to understand is that it appears its only purpose is to derail comprehensive immigration reform.

So if the Dems don't want immigration reform... what do they want?

The lack of any party platform with the exception of "we are not the party of Trump" doesn't seem to be a winner to me and given this continues, 2018 is going to be another disastrous election for the Donks... as I have already predicted.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:51 am 
Sergeant Major

http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trump-shoul ... a-42134327

Quote:
Donald Trump should apologize for remarks: African states

African UN ambassadors and the African Union have called for "a retraction and an apology" from Donald Trump after the US president reportedly described them as "s***hole" countries. Trump has denied using the phrase.

All 54 African ambassadors to the United Nations decried Donald Trump's reported remarks as "outrageous, racist, and xenophobic" on Friday, a day after US media reported that Trump had referred to African states, Haiti, and El Salvador as "s***hole countries."

The UN diplomats met for an emergency session before issuing a joint statement to demand a "retraction and an apology" from the US president.

"For once, we are all on the same page," an ambassador told the Agence France-Presse news agency.

The ambassadors also thanked American citizens "from all walks of life who have condemned the remarks."

On Thursday, Trump was meeting lawmakers to discuss a proposal for an immigration plan when he reportedly grew agitated as the conversation turned to citizens of Haiti and El Salvador, and immigrants from the African continent.

"Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?" he asked, according to multiple sources present at the White House meeting.

Read more: Norwegians decline President Donald Trump's offer to move to US

The reports prompted outrage and accusations of racism from people in the US and the rest of the world. Trump later denied using the vulgar phrase, but said he used "tough" language at the meeting.

Trump's alleged comments were met with condemnation from the United Nations.

"If confirmed, these are shocking and shameful comments from the president of the United States. Sorry, but there is no other word one can use but 'racist,'" said Rupert Colville, spokesman for UN rights chief Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein.

"You cannot dismiss entire countries and continents as 's***holes' whose entire populations, who are not white, are therefore not welcome," he added.

'Particularly upsetting'

Trump's alleged statement also prompted outrage from the African Union (AU), the organization that includes all the 54 African UN states plus Western Sahara, which is not recognized by the UN.

The AU representative said they were alarmed by Trump's "very racist" comments.

"Given the historical reality of how African Americans arrived in the United States as slaves, and the United States being the biggest example of how a nation has been built by migration — for a statement like that to come is particularly upsetting," said Ebba Kalondo, spokeswoman for AU chief Moussa Faki.

Botswana and Senegal have summoned US ambassadors in their respective countries in protest of Trump's remarks.

'Haitians don't deserve such treatment'

Haiti, which on Friday marked the eighth anniversary of the disastrous earthquake which claimed around 220,000 lives, also summoned the US representative for an explanation.

Haiti's ambassador in Washington has also asked for an apology, as Trump reportedly specifically questioned the protections granted to Haitian immigrants after the earthquake.

"Haitians don't deserve such treatment," said Paul Altidor, the Haitian ambassador. "Haitians should not be seen as a bunch of immigrants who come to the United States to exploit US resources."

The president of El Salvador, Salvador Sanchez Ceren, tweeted that Trump's statement struck a blow "to the dignity of the Salvadoran people."

El Salvador has also sent a formal letter of protest over Trump comments.

law,dj/jlw (AFP, Reuters)

Apparently African nations don't believe that US aid and assistance is necessary.

I'm sure someone like Venezuela can step in and provide the assistance that they require.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Every nation from which "official" protest emanates should be given one chance to recant, then have ALL U.S. aid and embassies and any other U.S. government "assistance" withdrawn completely.

If they are in fact "not shit-holes" then why would then need U.S. government assistance anyway?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Why do we even need an ambassador to Senegal?

If I were Trump I would just throw everything in the shredder and close the damn embassy down. Take that Senegal. The discussion wasn't even about Senegal.

Quote:
The world's poorest countries, according to GDP per capita, are:

•Somalia – $400 (2014 estimate)
•Central African Republic – $700.
•Burundi – $800.
•Democratic Republic of the Congo – $800.
•Liberia – $900.
•Tokelau – $1,000 (1993 estimate)
•Malawi – $1,100.
•Niger – $1,100.

Now Tokelau is not in Africa and if you just wanted to lay around all day and collect coconuts and go fishing every once in a while it might not be so bad. The other have something in common.

If it weren't for piracy, Somalia GDP would be $100 per captia

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Every nation from which "official" protest emanates should be given one chance to recant, then have ALL U.S. aid and embassies and any other U.S. government "assistance" withdrawn completely.

If they are in fact "not shit-holes" then why would then need U.S. government assistance anyway?

The US has military advisors in many African countries.

Quote:
Why were US soldiers even in Niger? America’s shadow wars in Africa, explained.
American troops are fighting in multiple African countries without anyone back home really noticing.
By Phillip Carter and Andrew Swick Oct 26, 2017, 9:00am EDT

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/26/16 ... rica-trump

4 US Green Berets were killed in Niger last October.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next