maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Tax reform
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
Curiously enough no praise for the tax cuts. :roll:

What's the matter with you? Where is the celebration. the fire works?

How much do you save?

And how big boost the tax cuts are to the economy. Now when corporations have more money for profitable investments like buying back their own shares.

Educate me. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tax reform
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 11853
nero wrote:
Curiously enough no praise for the tax cuts. :roll:

What's the matter with you? Where is the celebration. the fire works?

How much do you save?

And how big boost the tax cuts are to the economy. Now when corporations have more money for profitable investments like buying back their own shares.

Educate me. ;)
Since it's early days let's give it time.

If you've opinions post 'em.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
ATT gave a $2000 bonus to 200,000 employees...that's $400M..that is already some serious scratch.

I'm in California so I am hit by the $10K limitation on SALT deductions (State and local taxes)..that is a big hit because I have about $35K in SALT...that's a 25K deduction up in smoke...but the marginal rate is like 28% so that is about a 8K rise in federal tax..but the good news is I am getting murdered by the AMT...at least 10K last year..and that goes away. The mortgage interest deduction is grandfathered in otherwise that would be bad. Higher personal exemptions..good.

I estimate a $2-4K reduction in federal taxes...that is good.

Punishing many high earners in New York and California for voting for Hildabeast ...good

Obvious boost in stocks...very, very good

Obvious boost in GDP growth.....very, very good

Precipitous drop in the peso v dollar....good sign for business migration back to the US...good for US consumers..but bad for US exporters in the short run

$750K mortgage interest deduction cap..potentially bad for real estate in Calif as the MEDIAN home price in Orange County is now $730K so many buyers above the median will push mortgages past 750K and partially lose deductibility

Watching Leftists literally shit bricks...priceless

Thank you Mr. Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:30 am 
Sergeant Major

I should add that Mexico already IS paying for the wall even though we are just making prototypes. :lol:

Marked reduction in borders arrests. Mexican economy pretty much in the shitter. The Generalissimo at Univision receiving "mean" social media messages.....ahhhhh...thank you Mr. Trump.

Nikki Haley for POTUS 2024

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
Nero, ppl haven't filed their 2017 taxes yet b/c the year isn't over yet, you bald headed jackass. So how are ppl supposed to calculate this quickly. You really are a complete fucking idiot aren't you? Off the bat I know I'm going to save at least $800 O'bamacare mandate, which amazingly taxed me for not affording health insurance.

Was that $800 a tax or a fine? Nobody knows. That's what happens when you have fucking idiots in charge. Fuck's sakes.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
Nero, ppl haven't filed their 2017 taxes yet b/c the year isn't over yet, you bald headed jackass. So how are ppl supposed to calculate this quickly. You really are a complete fucking idiot aren't you? Off the bat I know I'm going to save at least $800 O'bamacare mandate, which amazingly taxed me for not affording health insurance.

Was that $800 a tax or a fine? Nobody knows. That's what happens when you have fucking idiots in charge. Fuck's sakes.

Do not worry, nobody can tell what the effects are. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:

Wall prototypes? How difficult is building a limes line, learn from the Celts, Germans, Romans or Chinese.

But then you craft a tax bill in the darkness of night in an hour without much calculating the consequences.

Though there is much of wishful thinking baseless trust on dynamic effects.

And there is that 1.5 trillion $ hole in your federal budget for next ten year. Good luck with that. ;)

But I know, this deficit will be covered with cuts, a new war on the poor; once again dooh-nibor-policies.

And there are quite odd things, giving tax cuts to corporations who practically don't pay taxes at all.

The only good thing I can find is that there might be some help to the small local mom-and-dad-businesses who have not been able to avoid taxes like the big multinational corporations.

And how much will the Trump family save if we take Trump's claim of 8 billion $ wealth? :roll:

r > g.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
C_S wrote:

Wall prototypes? How difficult is building a limes line, learn from the Celts, Germans, Romans or Chinese.

But then you craft a tax bill in the darkness of night in an hour without much calculating the consequences.

And there is that 1.5 trillion $ hole in your federal budget for next ten year. Good luck with that. ;)

But I know, this deficit will be covered with cuts, a new war on the poor; once again dooh-nibor-policies.

And there are quite odd things, giving tax cuts to corporations who practically don't pay taxes at all.

The only good thing I can find is that there might be some help to the small local mom-and-dad-businesses who have not been able to avoid taxes like the big multinational corporations.

And how much will the Trump family save if we take Trump's claim of 8 billion $ wealth? :roll:

r > g.

My bold emphasis above.

The combined corporate income tax rate in the United States was 38.91%.
The tax reform package passed by the Republicans lowers the corporate income tax rate to 21% starting in 2018, which would put it more in line with the corporate income tax rates of other more "enlightened" countries....like Finland where the corporate income tax rate is 20%. ;-)
https://stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?DataS ... Table_II1#

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
C_S wrote:

r > g.

Quote:

The answer to that would be zero Nero.

It is a rather foolish question to start with as in the US people are not normally taxed on their "wealth", rather they are taxed on their incomes.

The exception to that would be the "death"(inheritance) tax and even then it only applies if the value of the estate is more than around $10-11 million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estate_ta ... ted_States

The inheritance tax would only impact the Trump family if he died.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:26 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:

Quote:

The answer to that would be zero Nero.

It is a rather foolish question to start with as in the US people are not normally taxed on their "wealth", rather they are taxed on their incomes.

The exception to that would be the "death"(inheritance) tax and even then it only applies if the value of the estate is more than around $10-11 million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estate_ta ... ted_States

The inheritance tax would only impact the Trump family if he died.

Donald Trump does not pay taxes when he lives, or dies.

I was referring to the death tax, naturally.

As for this 8 billion we have Trump's own word. ;)

And of course you trust him. :lol:

I don't. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next