maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Jail
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
Gunnery Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 5925
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 16907
I don't agree with this at all.

Quote:
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s constitutional court has ruled that a 96-year-old German must go to jail over his role in mass murders committed at the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz during World War Two, refusing to overturn a lower court ruling.

Oskar Groening, known as the “bookkeeper of Auschwitz” for his job counting cash taken from the camp’s victims, was sentenced to four years’ jail in 2015, but wrangling over his health and age have delayed the start of his sentence.

The constitutional court rejected the argument by Groening’s lawyers that imprisonment at his advanced age would violate his right to life, adding that the gravity of his crimes meant there was a particular need for him to be seen to be punished.

“The plaintiff has been found guilty of being accessory to murder in 300,000 related cases, meaning there is a particular importance to carrying out the sentence the state has demanded,” the judges wrote, upholding the Celle regional court’s ruling.

There is no further appeal to the constitutional court’s ruling. The ruling does leave open the possibility that Groening could be released if his health deteriorates.

In a 2015 court battle seen as one of the last major Holocaust trials, prosecutors said although Groening did not kill anyone himself while working at Auschwitz, in Nazi-occupied Poland, he helped support the regime responsible for mass murder by sorting bank notes seized from trainloads of arriving Jews.

Groening, who admitted he was morally guilty, said he was an enthusiastic Nazi when he was sent to work at Auschwitz in 1942, at the age of 21.

He came to attention in 2005 after giving interviews about his work in the camp in an attempt to persuade Holocaust deniers that the genocide had taken place.
Some 6 million Jews were murdered during the Holocaust carried out under Adolf Hitler.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germa ... KKBN1EN12D

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:30 pm 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:03 pm
Posts: 1401
Location: Sydney
Reputation points: 3553
And he apparently stole some of the money at grew risk to himself.

I saw the interview he did back in 2005. The purpose was to tell the holocaust deniers they are wrong. That was him trying to make up for it all.

_________________
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
“Stay in attack formation”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:36 pm 
Offline
Gunnery Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 5925
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 16907
Joe wrote:
And he apparently stole some of the money at grew risk to himself.

I saw the interview he did back in 2005. The purpose was to tell the holocaust deniers they are wrong. That was him trying to make up for it all.

That will learn him for trying to do the right thing.

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 19011
Reputation points: 18052
Quote:
Oskar Groening, known as the “bookkeeper of Auschwitz” for his job counting cash taken from the camp’s victims, was sentenced to four years’ jail in 2015..



This guy assisted others who took possessions from soon-to-be killed Jews, gypsies, etc, and is getting sentenced to prison time.

So my question is this:

Why isn't George Soros doing time? ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:01 pm
Posts: 2696
Reputation points: 6238
True, but I agree with the ruling. Prison is the easiest thing he should get.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
Gunnery Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 5925
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 16907
2ndAcr wrote:
True, but I agree with the ruling. Prison is the easiest thing he should get.

For what? Being an accountant sent to the wrong workplace, or being on the wrong side in a war that ended over 70 years ago? The guy was sickened by what he saw there and twice requested to be transferred somewhere else. The only reason he turned up on the authorities radar was because he came out and spoke about what he witnessed to shut holocaust deniers up. If he was a commie talking about how he witnessed Stalin's purges the MSM would be pissing themsleves about how brave he was.

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:09 pm 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 15193
Reputation points: 11492
The guy survived, 6 million didn't.

I agree with Mac. God forgive me.

_________________
"It's easier to criticize someone then to take his side and more fun"
Queen Nogoog
Goryeo


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:19 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 14563
Reputation points: 1862
Mac wrote:
I don't agree with this at all.

Quote:
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s constitutional court has ruled that a 96-year-old German must go to jail over his role in mass murders committed at the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz during World War Two, refusing to overturn a lower court ruling.

Oskar Groening, known as the “bookkeeper of Auschwitz” for his job counting cash taken from the camp’s victims, was sentenced to four years’ jail in 2015, but wrangling over his health and age have delayed the start of his sentence.

The constitutional court rejected the argument by Groening’s lawyers that imprisonment at his advanced age would violate his right to life, adding that the gravity of his crimes meant there was a particular need for him to be seen to be punished.

“The plaintiff has been found guilty of being accessory to murder in 300,000 related cases, meaning there is a particular importance to carrying out the sentence the state has demanded,” the judges wrote, upholding the Celle regional court’s ruling.

There is no further appeal to the constitutional court’s ruling. The ruling does leave open the possibility that Groening could be released if his health deteriorates.

In a 2015 court battle seen as one of the last major Holocaust trials, prosecutors said although Groening did not kill anyone himself while working at Auschwitz, in Nazi-occupied Poland, he helped support the regime responsible for mass murder by sorting bank notes seized from trainloads of arriving Jews.

Groening, who admitted he was morally guilty, said he was an enthusiastic Nazi when he was sent to work at Auschwitz in 1942, at the age of 21.

He came to attention in 2005 after giving interviews about his work in the camp in an attempt to persuade Holocaust deniers that the genocide had taken place.
Some 6 million Jews were murdered during the Holocaust carried out under Adolf Hitler.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germa ... KKBN1EN12D

As you may well know, Auschwitz is just a hoax.



;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 15193
Reputation points: 11492
Quote:
Antisemite, Holocaust denier … yet David Irving claims fresh support

In advance of a film about the trial that bankrupted him, the historian is boasting that his views have found a new generation of admirers
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... st-deniers


His web site
http://www.fpp.co.uk/

Will look at it again is he denying the holocaust or just in one camp?

IMHO it happened, was 9 years old when the war ended and the camps were opened to the media, no denying what was found.

Just google holocaust, then images.

Freedom of speech.

_________________
"It's easier to criticize someone then to take his side and more fun"
Queen Nogoog
Goryeo


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Court Rules 'Bookkeeper of Auschwitz', 96, Must Go To Ja
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
Gunnery Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 5925
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 16907
nero wrote:
As you may well know, Auschwitz is just a hoax.



;)

"This video is not available in your country."

Seems like the thought police won't let me watch that.

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group