Instagram Star Gunned Down In Mexican Gun Battle

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Mac
First Sergeant

Instagram Star Gunned Down In Mexican Gun Battle

#1 Post by Mac » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:40 pm

She also happened to be a cartel boss and assassin...
INSTAGRAM star Maria Guadalupe Lopez Esquivel dubbed “La Catrina” was shot dead during a gun battle with Mexican police and the army who surrounded the compound where she ran a cartel hit squad.

Images from a body cam taken during the raid show her looking terrified as she collapses behind a wall after a bullet to the neck during the shootout. According to the Sun, her face and body are covered in blood as she reaches up to the camera in the images which can not be published here.

In the footage, Maria can be seen fighting for air as a cop tries to calm her down and assure her that a helicopter would take her to hospital.

The officer says: “Calm down, kid. The helicopter is coming for you. It is coming now, easy, easy, you are going to be okay. Try to hang on.”

However, only minutes later Maria died after suffering a fatal gunshot wound according to local media.

Maria was suspected of being one of the ringleaders Jasilico's feared New Generation Cartel (CJNG) after she fell in love with another leader Miguel “EL M2” Fernandez.

The daughter of a livestock trader and a housewife, López was reportedly a good student in her younger years in Tepalcatepec before developing a keener interest in attending parties rather than school.

“She started hanging out with gangsters and got lost in drugs,” one local resident told the newspaper El Universal.

Another resident said she moved in with a CJNG member in 2017, stating that “she met a criminal a**hole and he took her to live in Aguililla, where she started to work for M2”.

El M2 was allegedly also arrested during the raid that took place last Friday.

The CJNG are headed by Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes ("El Mencho"), one of Mexico's most-wanted drug lords and are the second most powerful cartel in Mexico.

Maria rose through the ranks quickly in the cartel with the assistance of boyfriend “E1 M2”, and depicted their seemingly glamorous lifestyle on social media for all to see.

The 21-year-old cartel boss was hugely popular on Instagram by posting semi-naked photos alongside guns.

She was often in charge of assassinations, extortion, and kidnappings during her time in the gang.

Women have sometimes occupied high-level positions as money launderers in drug cartels in the past, but it is rare for them to command or coordinate hit squads.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 ... La-catrina
1579209283915.jpg
1579209283915.jpg (89.16 KiB) Viewed 68 times
1579207983933.png
1579207983933.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 68 times
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

Re: Instagram Star Gunned Down In Mexican Gun Battle

#2 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:03 pm

In this case she has no one to blame but herself.

Something that victims of the cartel could not say.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#3 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Whats with the pic of the chick sitting next the house all bloodied up? Is that her, wounded before she croaked?

Ah right! Guess it makes sense if you read the text part!
Images from a body cam taken during the raid show her looking terrified as she collapses behind a wall after a bullet to the neck during the shootout. According to the Sun, her face and body are covered in blood as she reaches up to the camera in the images which can not be published here.

In the footage, Maria can be seen fighting for air as a cop tries to calm her down and assure her that a helicopter would take her to hospital.

The officer says: “Calm down, kid. The helicopter is coming for you. It is coming now, easy, easy, you are going to be okay. Try to hang on.”

However, only minutes later Maria died after suffering a fatal gunshot wound according to local media.
Bad life choices ended badly.

Mac
First Sergeant

#4 Post by Mac » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Yeah that is one of the final images of her taken from the body cam, she had been shot in the neck and was struggling to breathe. Died on her way to hospital.
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#5 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:17 pm

What a waste.

Joe
Sergeant

#6 Post by Joe » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 pm

What a waste of good software.

And Twitter and Facebook are pretty stupid too.
Jeep Wrangler 2 door Sport S, Mojito green, Dana M220 rear axle

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#7 Post by EUBanana » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 am

It's all fun and games until you get shot in the neck.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti