maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 865 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14970
Cerious?

. . . I figured it was just a crypto-sign of "Yes, I do worship the vee jay jay . . ."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:05 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18648
They all do it...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:28 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1459
Illuminati.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
It's about not doing something awkward.

Hands on hips--aggressive/dominant
Arms folded--surly or mocking
Hands in pockets--uninterested or pervy
Hands clasped, fingers interlaced--might be mistaken for a Christian
Hands at sides--Autistic spectrum

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:30 am 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
Illuminati.

:lol:

It the "D" for "Davos"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14927
Who's the haggis in the front center making the Star Trek Salt Vampire face?

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:45 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18648
mdiehl wrote:
Who's the haggis in the front center making the Star Trek Salt Vampire face?

Theresa May.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14970
Star Trek vampire face!
:lol:

But damn! Apparently the actress under that suit was pretty cute!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/judge-e ... -screw-up/

Quote:
Judge Ellis Loses Patience with Mueller Prosecutors and Ends Court Early Over Screw-Up

by Colin Kalmbacher | 8:25 pm, August 2nd, 2018

Paul Manafort‘s third day on trial over charges of bank fraud and tax evasion was cut a bit short on Thursday after government attorneys made the same mistake twice in a row.

The last witness called to the stand was J. Philip Ayliff, a certified public accountant (CPA) at Paul Manafort’s long-serving tax-preparation agency, Kositzka, Wicks and Co. (KWC), of Richmond, Virginia. As time inched along during the last witness’s testimony, nothing of particular interest seemed to be occurring at all.

Ayliff was mostly providing foundational testimony regarding the basic functions of a tax-preparation company. Prosecutors then moved on to specifics and attempted to “publish” one of Manafort’s e-file forms. Judge T.S. Ellis III‘s weariness all but amazed the courtroom as he denied the request–complete with an actual and pronounced finger-wag–before shouting:

No! You move it along!

(It probably hadn’t helped matters that court had just minutes ago returned from a lengthy recess due to the prosecution calling Ayliff out of the witness order provided to both the court and the defense. But as Judge Ellis noted yesterday, he has “a long memory.”)

Composing themselves again, the prosecution moved slowly forward before asking Ayliff to define the term “financial interest.” Ayliff began to answer the question but was immediately cut off by Ellis who noted that Ayliff was not a noticed expert. The defense then belatedly objected, prompting a quick and sarcastic dressing-down from the judge–but it was again the prosecution’s turn for scorn.

Static filled the courtroom as the longest bench conference of the day ensued. Upon returning to Ayliff’s testimony, the jury learned that the issue had been deferred until Friday–if ever. Then, Assistant U.S. Attorney Uzo Asonye asked about another term of art contained on federal tax forms.

Judge Ellis, who was already standing by this point, advised Ayliff to wait and announced the court would recess early.

After the jury left, Ellis took a few minutes to tell the press and public all about the bench conference. As it turns out, not only was Ayliff a non-noticed witness being asked to give the equivalent of expert testimony, but the prosecution and defense had already agreed on what the term “financial interest” meant. Moreover, this agreement was provided on a proposed–and approved–jury instruction.

That is, not only was Ayliff not an expert and not a noticed expert as necessitated by the Federal Rules of Evidence–but his testimony had the potential to derail an already-agreed-upon definition of the term(s) in question. This, Ellis said, could have “confused or clouded” things for the jury.

Hmmmm....sounds like Mueller and the DOJ crew are doing a bang up job. :roll: :roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:31 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
For those who are waiting for Manafort to suddenly start blabbing about a secret deal with the Russians...you are dreaming. Why is that?

1) A defendant who hopes to save his ass by implicating his boss does not wait for the trial to start to make a deal because his leverage declines at that point in most cases.

2) Manafort's charges do not extend to his time working for Trump. The judge is already giving the prosecution crap about for using the word "oligarchs". He is not going to put up with any bull shit questions about Trump.

Then there is this. The charges against Manafort were to gain leverage to attack Trump...a political act. All it will take is one juror to secretly tell the prosecution to fuck off and hang the jury. :lol:

Ummm..

Wasn't Manafort and the Podestas running a money laundering scheme with... Ukrainians?

I keep hearing the hysteric left accusing him of working with the Russians but I recall reading, in numerous places, that they were dealing with Ukraine. Not 'Muh Russia'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 865 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 87  Next