maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Rosenstein is a pencil-neck swamp-dweller who was in on the Special Counsel scheme. He fought the House Intel Committee over every fucking bit of Constitutionally authorized oversight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
Breaking news!!!

Quote:

Distraught Mueller Burns Every Piece Of Evidence In Case After Hearing Trump’s Critique Of U.S. Intelligence Community

WASHINGTON—Tossing a lit match on the assemblage of kerosene-doused case files, transcripts, and seized hard drives, Special Counsel Robert Mueller burned every piece of evidence in his investigation into 2016 election interference Tuesday after hearing President Trump’s pointed critique of the U.S. intelligence community. “God, I can’t believe I’ve wasted more than a year of my life working on something the president thinks is foolish, dumb, and—worst of all—a distraction,” said a visibly upset Mueller, shaking his head as he reminded himself to drop all charges against Paul Manafort and anyone who was arrested or pleaded guilty during the investigation before feeding hundreds of pages of warrants, subpoenas, and indictments into the raging flames. “It’s a real shame because I thought I was getting close to something with those Trump Organization wiretaps, but when the president says you’re being reckless, you listen. Frankly, I just hope he takes Putin up on his incredible offer to work with the Kremlin on a more honest investigation.” At press time, Mueller’s actions had been applauded by the heads of the FBI, CIA, and NSA, who also announced plans to immediately suspend their operations pending review by the White House.

:shock:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anyone remember this?:

The Democrats

@TheDemocrats
Romney, who calls Russia our "No. 1 geopolitical foe," doesn't seem to realize it's the 21st century. #RomneyNotReady http://j.mp/X3MQAA
5:47 PM - Oct 22, 2012

I want to hear the Democrats try to explain how it’s no longer the 21st century.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's 100% political. This is just iteration 17 to get Trump

Dems: "Release your tax returns!"
Trump: "Fuck you"
MSNBC: "We have his 2004 returns...and the bastard only paid....oh...shit...$32 million dollars"
Dems: "MSNBC you fucking retards!"

NBC: "We have a tape from 12 years ago!"
Dems: "Yay! Hillary's gonna win!"
Voters: "Fuck you!"

Crazy Bitch Black Congresswoman: "Trump was insulting to the widow of an American soldier"
Dems: "Get rid of him!"
Other Widows from the Same Unit: "The President was very kind to us. We love him"
General Kelly: "I know that Congresswoman. She is no friend of the military (in other words she is a manipulative bitch)"
Dems: Fuck! Not again!

Skip on down

Skip on down

Mr. Apology Tour, BHO: "Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.....undermining our democratic instutions."
Voters: Shut the fuck up, asshole

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

"Colluders on the Loose"

Excellent summation by Victor David Hanson in National Review. I cant seem to copy and paste so just go to the link

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/ ... loaylists/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
"Colluders on the Loose"

Excellent summation by Victor David Hanson in National Review. I cant seem to copy and paste so just go to the link

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/ ... loaylists/

There are some great lines in that:

Quote:
Given that there are more than 5,000 airports in the United States, two jets — one carrying the attorney general, the other the ex-president and spouse of a presidential candidate of the same shared party currently under investigation by Attorney General Lynch — do not just accidentally bump into each other on the tarmac of the Phoenix airport. There was no more chance of that than of investing $1,000 in cattle futures and reaping a $100,000 profit ten months later.

Tying the odds of meeting on an airport tarmac into HRC cattle futures deal is priceless.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:08 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14595
jack t ripper wrote:
Nice explanation by Andrew McCarthy of why there never was any intent to prosecute Russians regarding "interference" in the 2016 election. You can't because if you took the case to court you would have to provide "discovery" to the defendants which means telling the GRU how you found out. :lol:

So, announcing the indictment while the Prezzy is in the fucking air to Helsinki is a fucking political stunt start to finish. It was red meat for the anti-Trump press corps and t was deliberately designed to push Trump's buttons.

Quote:
If the idea was to give Vladimir Putin and his thug regime a new way to sabotage the United States, nice work.

So, is Russia now presumed innocent of hacking the 2016 election?

If not, it is difficult to understand any proper purpose served by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s indictment of twelve military officers in the Kremlin’s intelligence services for doing what everybody in America already knew that they did, and has known since before Donald Trump took office — indeed, since before the 2016 election.

Make no mistake: This is nakedly politicized law enforcement. There is absolutely no chance any of the Russian officials charged will ever see the inside of an American courtroom. The indictment is a strictly political document by which the special counsel seeks to justify the existence of his superfluous investigation.

Oh, and by the way, the answer to the question posed above is, “Yes, it is now the official position of the United States that Russia gets our Constitution’s benefit of the doubt.” Here is Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announcing the Friday the 13th indictment: “In our justice system, everyone who is charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless proven guilty.”

Of course, the indicted Russians are never going to be proven guilty — not in the courtroom sense Rosenstein was invoking.

As is so often the case in today’s politicized Justice Department, Rosenstein was trying to make a different political point. As he went on to note, if people whom we have formally charged are presumed innocent, then, a fortiori, people who have not been accused — implicitly, Rosenstein was talking about President Trump — must also be presumed innocent. But, see, you can’t make that point without stepping on the political purpose of Friday’s charade: We have taken the not only pointless but reckless step of indicting operatives of a hostile foreign power who cannot be prosecuted and whose schemes could easily have been exposed — and, in fact, have been exposed, multiple times — in public government reports; so now, due-process rules oblige us to caution you that we must presume the Russians did not do what we have formally accused them of doing. They are entitled to that presumption unless and until we convict them in court . . . which is never going to happen.

Rosenstein made another telling remark at his big press conference. The Justice Department, he explained, will now “transition responsibility for this case to our Department’s National Security Division while we await the apprehension of the defendants.”

Now, stop giggling over that last part — the bit where we hold our breath until Russian dictator Vladimir Putin extradites his spies into the FBI’s waiting arms. I’m talking about the first part: Mueller’s case, the definitive case about what Russia did to interfere in the 2016 election, is no longer Mueller’s case. It is being “transitioned” — i.e., buried — in the Justice Department unit that deals with counterintelligence matters that do not result in public trials.

This underscores what we have been arguing here since before Mueller was appointed: There was no need and no basis in federal regulations for a special counsel.

A special counsel is supposed to be appointed only when there are (a) a concrete factual basis to believe federally prosecutable crimes have been committed, calling for a criminal investigation, and (b) a conflict of interest that prevents the Justice Department from conducting the criminal investigation.

Among the worst aspects of Mueller’s new indictment is its continuation of the Justice Department’s politicized perversion of its critical counterintelligence mission.

As we’ve observed countless times, there was no basis for a criminal investigation of President Trump or the Trump campaign. The fact that Russia interfered in an American election — as it routinely does — never meant that the perceived beneficiary of the interference was criminally complicit in it. There is no known evidence that Trump-campaign officials had any involvement in hacking by the Russian intelligence services. Mueller’s new indictment powerfully suggests that this could not have happened — the Russians were expert in their cyberespionage tactics, they did not need anyone’s help, and they took pains to conceal their identity from everyone with whom they dealt.

Moreover, even though Trump-campaign officials have been charged with other crimes (having nothing to do with the 2016 election), and some of those Trump officials had “contacts” with Russians, Mueller has never charged one of them with a crime related to Russia’s espionage attack on the election, nor has he ever elicited from any defendant who pled guilty an admission of any such crime. The only known allegations of such a crime are contained in the unverified, Clinton-campaign-sponsored Steele dossier, and the Trump-campaign figures implicated in it have either not been charged at all (e.g., Carter Page, Michael Cohen), or not been charged with a “collusion” crime (Paul Manafort).

Thus, among the worst aspects of Mueller’s new indictment is its continuation of the Justice Department’s politicized perversion of its critical counterintelligence mission.

Lacking the requisite basis to conduct a criminal investigation, the Justice Department used its counterintelligence mission as a pretext for appointing a special counsel. This was grossly improper: (1) Counterintelligence work, which is geared at thwarting the operations of hostile foreign powers, is not the prosecutor work of building criminal cases; (2) not surprisingly, then, there is no authority in the regulations to assign a special counsel to a counterintelligence investigation; and (3) because counterintelligence authorities do not afford Americans the due-process protections required in criminal investigations, the Justice Department is not permitted to use counterintelligence as a pretext for conducting what is actually an effort to build a criminal prosecution.

Now Mueller has taken the next logical wayward step: He has woven an indictment that can never be tried out of counterintelligence work against foreign governments that is not supposed to be the subject of criminal prosecution — i.e., the subject of public courtroom testing under due-process rules.

This is not the way counterintelligence is supposed to work. And the Justice Department knows it. That is why Mueller’s indictment will now be the property of DOJ’s National Security Division, the home of other non-prosecutable foreign counterintelligence work that is never intended to see the light of day in a public courtroom.

And why such an easy transition? Because there is no conflict of interest.

There never was. Russia’s interference in the 2016 election was never something that the Justice Department was unable to investigate in the normal course. In fact, for months, the Trump Justice Department was investigating it in the normal course, just as the Obama Justice Department had done. Then, President Trump fired FBI director James Comey. It was this event that prompted Rosenstein to appoint Mueller. We got a special counsel not because of Russia’s espionage or any evidence indicating actual Trump-campaign complicity in it; we got a special counsel because Rosenstein was deeply involved in Comey’s ouster and wanted to fend off Democratic attacks on him over it.

The only point of the new indictment is to justify Rosenstein’s decision and Mueller’s existence. Proponents of the unnecessary special counsel want to say, “See, we really needed this investigation.” But that can be said with a straight face only if the goalposts are moved.

To be clear, we did need an FBI counterintelligence investigation of Russia’s espionage operation against the 2016 election, and we already had a quite aggressive one before Mueller came on the scene. But we would have needed a special-counsel investigation only if there had been a concrete factual basis to believe the Trump campaign conspired in Russia’s espionage operation against the 2016 election.

It seems like this has just become "normal operating procedure" in U.S. national politics since the time of Watergate. Certainly accountability is an essential part of our system. But at this point grand-standing and propaganda are continually held up as stalwart efforts to enforce accountability. That pattern has become so normalized that it is lauded by significant elements within the society--much of the media, a sizeable chunk of the politically-activist minded populace, and of course the power-mad politicians, bent on the domination of "the other party" by their own--and it feeds itself, like a witch-hunt or a religious pogrom. It is absolutely loathsome, anti-American, anti-Democratic and wretched. Republicans are not immune to it, but they certainly are not the prime perpetrators these past couple years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:36 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
His name was Seth Rich.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:39 am 
Sergeant Major

Didn't know Rich was a Bernie supporter. Never, EVER, cross the Clintons.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 80  Next