maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 89  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The FBI and DOJ redactions of the rational for the Flynn surveillance have finally been released. Turns out it didn't have shit to do with national security...the redactions were about hiding FBI misbehavior.

Flynn was railroaded to get Trump but there was also the revenge angle because he opposed Obama policies as the DNI.

Fantastic, but complicated, Andrew McCarthy article on the subject.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/ ... -missteps/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:59 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
More evidence of the conspiring swamp is coming out.. :o

Wall Street Journal: Suspected FBI Mole Planted in Trump Campaign
May 11, 2018

We know quite a bit about how the FBI watched the Trump campaign, including going to a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court no less than twice to get a warrant on a minor Trump apparatchik. But does it go deeper?

The Wall Street Journal’s Kimberley Strassel thinks it very well could. In a piece published Thursday titled “About That FBI ‘Source,'” Strassel postulates that information on an FBI source that the Department of Justice was just forced to reveal to the House Intelligence Committee may be evidence of an FBI mole inside the 2016 Trump presidential campaign.

“The Department of Justice lost its latest battle with Congress Thursday when it allowed House Intelligence Committee members to view classified documents about a top-secret intelligence source that was part of the FBI’s investigation of the Trump campaign,” Strassel wrote. “Even without official confirmation of that source’s name, the news so far holds some stunning implications.”

Strassel noted that the DOJ and FBI “outright hid critical information from a congressional investigation.” She pointed to Speaker Paul Ryan’s press conference after the material was released Thursday, in which he “bluntly noted that Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes’s request for details on this secret source was ‘wholly appropriate,’ ‘completely within the scope’ of the committee’s long-running FBI investigation, and ‘something that probably should have been answered a while ago.'”

“Translation: The department knew full well it should have turned this material over to congressional investigators last year, but instead deliberately concealed it,” she wrote.

“The bureau already has some explaining to do. Thanks to the Washington Post’s unnamed law-enforcement leakers, we know Mr. Nunes’s request deals with a ‘top secret intelligence source’ of the FBI and CIA, who is a U.S. citizen and who was involved in the Russia collusion probe,” she continued.

“When government agencies refer to sources, they mean people who appear to be average citizens but use their profession or contacts to spy for the agency. Ergo, we might take this to mean that the FBI secretly had a person on the payroll who used his or her non-FBI credentials to interact in some capacity with the Trump campaign.

“This would amount to spying, and it is hugely disconcerting,” she continued. “It would also be a major escalation from the electronic surveillance we already knew about, which was bad enough.”

Obama political appointees rampantly ‘unmasked’ Trump campaign officials to monitor their conversations, while the FBI played dirty with its surveillance warrant against Carter Page, failing to tell the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that its supporting information came from the Hillary Clinton campaign. Now we find it may have also been rolling out human intelligence, John Le Carré style, to infiltrate the Trump campaign.”

Of course, there was no confirmation of that on Thursday, but the wording of the statement does lend itself to that kind of interpretation — that this is information which would reflect extremely poorly on the Obama-era FBI and how it handled the Trump campaign.

There’s also evidence that this may not be the case; as Strassel noted, “among the Justice Department’s stated reasons for not complying with the Nunes subpoena was its worry that to do so might damage international relationships. This suggests the ‘source’ may be overseas, have ties to foreign intelligence, or both.”

“I believe I know the name of the informant, but my intelligence sources did not provide it to me and refuse to confirm it,” Strassel concluded.

“It would therefore be irresponsible to publish it. But what is clear is that we’ve barely scratched the surface of the FBI’s 2016 behavior, and the country will never get the straight story until President Trump moves to declassify everything possible. It’s time to rip off the Band-Aid."

I don’t have Strassel’s sources, so I’m not one to judge. However, the fact that she believes with some confidence that she knows the name of the informant and was still willing to write this piece seems awfully notable, particularly given how hard the FBI and DOJ tried to keep this information out of the hands of the House Intelligence Committee.

What’s particularly striking about Strassel’s article is that it highlights just how little we know about the kind of surveillance the FBI conducted on Trump and those around him. We know that it’s already landed two convictions, although both of those were fairly minor and nobody in Trump’s inner circle has been touched by indictment, save a campaign manager he didn’t even seem to particularly like and whose tenure in that role was just slightly longer than William Henry Harrison’s term as president.

In short, the FBI’s intelligence actions during the 2016 election haven’t been particularly effective and we still can’t be sure we know the entire story. If it goes as deep as a mole in the Trump campaign, it’s yet another sign that law enforcement and intelligence were weaponized by the Obama administration for political reasons. If this is true, it also demonstrates that the metastasis of the Trump/Russia investigation spread far further than any of us could have suspected.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wall- ... -campaign/

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

I'm betting it is someone who makes the FBI look bad. A mole in the Trump campaign planted by the Obama DOJ would DEFINTIELY fall into that category.

Notice how the stuff that evokes sympathy for Trump never seems to just leak out whereas damaging leaks about Cohen take about 5 minutes to find their way to the NYT.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
jack t ripper wrote:
I'm betting it is someone who makes the FBI look bad.

Putin. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Putin would have himself poisoned with Novochok

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
jack t ripper wrote:
The FBI and DOJ redactions of the rational for the Flynn surveillance have finally been released. Turns out it didn't have shit to do with national security...the redactions were about hiding FBI misbehavior.

Flynn was railroaded to get Trump but there was also the revenge angle because he opposed Obama policies as the DNI.

Fantastic, but complicated, Andrew McCarthy article on the subject.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/ ... -missteps/

"Bloviate!" Now there is a word I had to look up! :D
Quote:
There is no Department of Justice in the Constitution. It is an executive-branch component created by Congress, funded with taxpayer funds appropriated by Congress, and subject to congressional oversight to ensure that its operations are conducted in accordance with their statutory purposes. Because of the sensitivity of their law-enforcement and intelligence missions, the Justice Department and its premier agency, the FBI, are shown great deference when lawmakers make requests — or even demands — for information. Contrary to what Justice Department leadership apparently believes, this deference is not an entitlement. It is result of respect earned over time by an institution that — its proud alumni like to believe — has a tradition of dealing honorably and transparently with peer branches of government.

It is a fact of life that the precious commodity of a good reputation takes much less time to lose than to build.

There is no defending the redactions that have now been disclosed. Especially in light of recent history, this powerfully suggests that there is no justification for withholding much else that the Justice Department refuses to reveal.

Republican committees can carp all they like about Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein. The buck stops with the president.

Pretty much sums it up. Sad days when leadershp in DOJ/FBI feel that protecting their syndicate is above their service to the nation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/politics ... index.html

Quote:

Giuliani: Mueller's team told Trump's lawyers they can't indict a president

CNN EXPANSION DC 2017 Dana Bash
By Dana Bash, CNN

Updated 5:25 PM ET, Wed May 16, 2018

(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has informed President Donald Trump's attorneys that they have concluded that they cannot indict a sitting president, according to the President's lawyer.

"All they get to do is write a report," Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told CNN. "They can't indict. At least they acknowledged that to us after some battling, they acknowledged that to us."

That conclusion is likely based on longstanding Justice Department guidelines. It is not about any assessment of the evidence Mueller's team has compiled.

A lack of an indictment would not necessarily mean the President is in the clear. Mueller could issue a report making referrals or recommendations to the House of Representatives.

The inability to indict a sitting president has been the position of the Office of Legal Counsel in the Justice Department since the Nixon administration and reaffirmed in the Clinton administration, but it has never been tested in court.

It had been an open question whether, if investigators found potentially criminal evidence against Trump, Mueller's team would try to challenge those Justice Department guidelines.

CNN reached out to Mueller's team. They declined to comment.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein publicly discussed the issue earlier this month at an event held by the Freedom Forum Institute. He was asked if a sitting president can be indicted.

"I'm not going to answer this in the context of any current matters, so you shouldn't draw any inference about it," Rosenstein said. "But the Department of Justice has in the past, when the issue arose, has opined that a sitting President cannot be indicted. There's been a lot of speculation in the media about this, I just don't have anything more to say about it." Rosenstein oversees the special counsel probe.

Giuliani tells CNN the special counsel's team has decided that "they have to follow the Justice Department rules."

"The Justice Department memos going back to before Nixon say that you cannot indict a sitting president, you have to impeach him. Now there was a little time in which there was some dispute about that, but they acknowledged to us orally that they understand that they can't violate the Justice Department rules," Giuliani said.

"We think it's bigger than that. We think it's a constitutional rule, but I don't think you're ever going to confront that because nobody's ever going to indict a sitting president. So, what does that leave them with? That leaves them with writing a report," said Giuliani.

It would then be up to the House of Representatives to decide what to do about with the special counsel's report -- and whether to pursue articles of impeachment.

Giuliani also said that he is using the one-year anniversary of the Mueller probe, which is Thursday, to push the special counsel to disclose how much money is being spent, and to actively begin negotiating with Trump's legal team over any Trump interview Mueller is seeking.

"Do you really need an interview?" Giuliani said he wants Mueller's team to answer.

"You've got all the facts. You've got all the documents. You've got all the explanations. We're happy to tell you they're not going to change."

Pamak's likely reaction were he still posting here:

:)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

"Operation Crossfire Hurricane" Painfully long and unintentionally hilarious puff-piece about travails of the FBI trying to be "fair" while investigating the Trump campaign.

The author neglects to mention the FISA warrant falsehoods.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/p ... ation.html?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:46 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
That lying snake, Clapper, should be at the top of the shitlist. Pretty obvious he was one of the senior leaders in the letter salad agencies' illegal tampering, and after getting caught lying more than once, he should be in the hot seat.

Is he getting off, once again, because he's another Clinton crony? How many times does this weasel get a free walk?

Judge Nap on 'Political Justice' at DOJ: They Prosecuted Roger Clemens, But Not James Clapper

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/30/j ... ed-perjury

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

DAMN! That is a fucking home run point!

Clemons may have thrown the ball at batter's heads a few times but he did NOT lie to the Congress about spying on hundreds of millions of Americans

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 89  Next