maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:07 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Supposedly there's going to be more swamp rats getting outed for their dirty dealings next week.

"March Madness" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
NefariousKoel wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
Meanwhile, Flynn, who literally did NOTHING other than support Trump, has to sell his house to fund his legal defense from bloodsucking lawyers to protect his son on some bullshit allegation based upon a pyramid of bullshit allegations based upon an egregious abuse of FISA based upon a bullshit "dossier" paid for by Hildabeast and the DNC and knowingly used by the FBI to listen in on the conversations of the opposition party and the transition team of the President elect of the fucking United States who was lawfully elected under the Constitution by voters who were fucking fed up with Washington bullshit.

Don't forget: Peter Strzok was the one who was supposedly questioning Flynn during the encounter in which the FBI charged him for lying.

Seeing as how Strzok was later shown to be a partisan Clinton actor, and fired from that same investigative position due to that fact, the charges against Flynn is full of the 'fruit of the poisoned tree'. I don't see how he could be prosecuted because of Strzok's bias being directly involved in the charge.

Of course, Flynn still has to pay lawyers while the swamp rats drag it out & threaten his family's livelihood.

Unfortunately, he already pleaded guilty. This is said to be difficult to undo but the new judge might be pissed off enough at Mueller's boys withholding "exculpatory evidence" from Flynn's legal team that he might just vacate the thing. When the damn thing is over, Trump should pardon him...but he can't do it now because it will look like he is buying Flynn's silence.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Byron York posts an interesting question in this article:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -colluding

Quote:
Byron York: If Mueller didn't charge Flynn and Manafort with collusion, then who was colluding?

by Byron York
| March 18, 2018 08:36 PM

Trump-Russia special counsel Robert Mueller is authorized to investigate "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump." The popular word for that is collusion, and it remains at the heart of both the Mueller and the Senate Intelligence Committee investigations. (Majority Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee recently announced they were unable to find evidence proving collusion.)

While much about the Mueller investigation remains unknown, we do know the indictments he has filed and the pleas he has reached with various figures in the case. There are some, including charges against Russia's Internet Research Agency, several individual Russians, and two minor figures, that target either people on the Russian side of the equation or those for whom there are no suspicions of collusion.

But Mueller has charged three people who were in the Trump campaign inner circle -- former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, and former deputy campaign chairman Richard Gates, all with ties to Russia and all of whom might be expected to be part of a collusion scheme, had one existed. Mueller has also charged one peripheral hanger-on, George Papadopoulos, who might conceivably have been part of a collusion scenario.

But all have faced charges and none of those charges, at least so far, has involved allegations that Flynn, Manafort, Gates, or Papadapoulos played a role in a scheme of collusion, or coordination, or conspiracy, or whatever it is called. And that could tell the public something about the state of the collusion allegation inside the Mueller investigation.

To put it briefly: What kind of collusion scheme between Russia and the Trump campaign could have existed without Michael Flynn being part of it? What kind of collusion scheme could have existed without Manafort? And Gates? And yet none of them -- nor Papadapoulos, either -- has been charged with taking part in a collusion scheme.

Flynn pleaded guilty to one count of lying to investigators about what he discussed in a phone conversation with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak. (Investigators have always known what the two men talked about, since the call was wiretapped, recorded, and transcribed.)

Manafort has been charged with a daunting number of financial crimes, including fraud and tax evasion, relating to his work for a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine.

Gates was charged with most of the crimes Manafort faced, but received a deal from Mueller, allowing him to plead guilty to one count of lying to investigators and one count of hiding profits from his work with Manafort in Ukraine.

Both Gates and Manafort were charged with something called "conspiracy against the United States." As the former prosecutor Andrew McCarthy points out, "there is no such offense in federal law as 'conspiracy against the United States.'" But Mueller's office described their alleged crimes that way, and some media commentators liked the treason-ish sound of the phrase.

Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to one count of lying to investigators about a conversation he had with a Russian who wanted to create ties with the Trump campaign.

All those charges, and none alleging that any of these men, some of them at the highest levels of the Trump campaign, took part in any collusion, or coordination, or conspiracy between the campaign and Russia.

"I can't imagine that there would have been collusion or conspiracy with the Russians that Michael Flynn didn't know about," said Sol Wisenberg, a former prosecutor with the office of independent counsel Kenneth Starr. "If you're trying to make a collusion case and you are Mueller, you're trying to get someone to plead to the crime you're trying to prove."

McCarthy has written much the same. "When a prosecutor has a cooperator who was an accomplice in a major criminal scheme, the cooperator is made to plead guilty to the scheme," he wrote last December. "This is critical because it proves the existence of the scheme."

Even Preet Bharara, the New York U.S. attorney fired by Trump and no fan of the president's, said last year, "When we had evidence against somebody and wanted them to flip, we made them plead guilty to every bad act that they had ever done, especially if we were later going to be alleging other people had engaged in that activity as well."

But in the Mueller investigation, it is precisely the people who would most be expected to be part of a collusion scheme who have not been charged with taking part in any such activity.

Nevertheless, for those hoping for collusion, there are still some possibilities. Mueller might lodge, or might have already lodged, additional charges against Flynn, Manafort, or Gates.

And there is still Carter Page, like Papadopoulos a sometime volunteer Trump adviser, who traveled to Russia in 2016. Page has been publicly vague about his dealings with Mueller but said recently that he has been interrogated for more than 30 hours in the last year by the executive and legislative branches of government. Perhaps Mueller is waiting to charge him with something. Or maybe someone else will be charged with taking part in the long-sought collusion.

Still, it's hard to imagine a collusion plot that never touched Flynn, Manafort, or Gates. Maybe it happened, but after more than 18 months of FBI, and now Mueller, investigations, it's becoming harder to see how.

If there was any organized "collusion" between the Russians and the Trump campaign it would have to involve at least one middle or senior level campaign leader. And there are no charges against any after ~18 months of investigation. Should they find out that "Bob the guy getting petition signatures" was colluding with the Russians---well that doesn't make for much of a conspiracy, now does it?

If Gates already agreed to a deal, I find it hard to believe that there could be further charges of collusion filed against him. I would think that any competent defense lawyer would have insisted that any deal be predicated on no additional charges.

And as York points out, no charges of collusion thus far against Flynn or Manafort.

So where is the "there" in "there"?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

For Nero:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-we-kno ... rew-mccabe

Quote:
Consider also that although Sessions made the ultimate call to fire McCabe, the public record shows that the process resulting in the FBI deputy director’s dismissal involved career Justice Department and FBI officials—rather than political appointees selected by President Trump—at crucial points along the way. To begin with, the charges against McCabe arose out of the broader Justice Department Office of Inspector General (OIG) investigation into the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email investigation. While the inspector general is appointed by the president, the current head of that office, Michael Horowitz, was appointed by President Barack Obama and is himself a former career Justice Department lawyer. As Jack Goldsmith has written, the inspector general has a great deal of statutory independence, which Horowitz has not hesitated to use: Most notably, he produced a highly critical 2012 report into the Justice Department’s “Fast and Furious” program. So a process that begins with Horowitz and his office carries a presumption of fairness and independence.

After investigating McCabe, Horowitz’s office provided a report on McCabe’s conduct to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR), which investigates allegations of misconduct against bureau employees. This office is headed by career Justice Department official Candace Will, whom then-FBI Director Robert Mueller appointed to lead the OPR in 2004. According to Sessions, the Office of Professional Responsibility agreed with Horowitz’s assessment that McCabe “lacked candor” in speaking to internal investigators.

Finally, Sessions’s statement references “the recommendation of the Department’s senior career official” in advocating McCabe’s firing on the basis of the OIG and OPR determinations. (The official in question appears to be Associate Deputy Attorney General Scott Schools.)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Right, so the DOJ IG was appointed by Obama in his first term and OPR director was appointed by Mueller four years before Obama was first elected. :lol:

What was Trump doing in 2008-09? A gig on NBC I think. Clever bastard Trump installing a mole in the DOJ to ultimately get McCabe in between takes of "The Apprentice". Even more amazing he got Mueller to appoint the guy with secret mind waves to throw off suspicion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

That is some SERIOUS 3-D chess there!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Senator Angus King from Maine said in reference to McCabe's firing that "it was rushed".

It had (apparently) gone through the normal internal processes.

He was fired less than 48 hours before he could no longer be fired.

Can you "fire" a guy once he retires?????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

"rushed"? He was under investigation for a year.

The guy was a soldier for the cause. They are just trying to get him the Purple Heart and some campaign ribbons.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 15843

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:00 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
WikiLeaks & Assange are now saying the UK government approved the false Steele Dossier to be released, assisting it's entry into FISC to help enable it's 2-hop net of surveillance on our presidential candidate.

Assange's tweets assembled here:

(Mifsud story very suspicious)
https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/statu ... 8394323973

Julian Assange Says British Government Involved in Fake Hillary Dossier

Steven Ahle Steven Ahle March 23, 2018

https://www.davidharrisjr.com/politics/ ... y-dossier/

Also contains a link to Brennan being asked if "other countries interfered in our election" in a congressional review, and basically confirming it to be so, but refusing to say it in public. Hrmm.. I seriously doubt he'd him & haw like that if it weren't an ally.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/867313046305345536

Whether this is all true or not, who knows? There has been suspiciously extensive links between the crooks involved in using gov't apparatus to spy on their political opponents. Those links also extend to some allied overseas intel agents, and their organizations, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 81  Next