maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 181  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/24/ ... vate-know/

Quote:
Nadler: It’s Republicans’ Fault That Mueller Will Only Testify In Private, You Know

ED MORRISSEY
Posted at 2:41 pm on May 24, 2019

“I’m speculating, really,” Rep. Jerrold Nadler tells Rachel Maddow last night after declaring that the reason Robert Mueller won’t testify in public is Republican questioning. Ironically, the House Judiciary chair demonstrated in that moment why the special counsel has rightly decided not to join the circus. Mueller seems to be sticking to his guns, and Nadler sounds as though he’s realized he can’t do much to budge him:

MSNBC

@MSNBC
House Judiciary Cmte. Chair Jerry Nadler says Special Counsel Mueller is "willing to make an opening statement, but he wants to testify in private." https://on.msnbc.com/2wiMJsQ

9:05 PM - May 23, 2019

Note the lacuna in NBC News’ quote of Nadler:

Nadler, D-N.Y., has made repeated efforts for Mueller to speak in front of Congress. If Mueller did proceed with private testimony on his report, the public would get a transcript, Nadler said.

“We think it’s important for the American people to hear from him and to hear his answers to questions about the report,” Nadler said.

“He envisions himself correctly as a man of great rectitude and apolitical and he doesn’t want to participate in anything that he might regard as a political spectacle,” Nadler said about Mueller not wanting to testify in public. But he added, “I’m speculating really.”

In between those two quote marks was this remark: ” … especially if the Republicans on the committee start asking him questions about the beginning of the — about this stuff, the beginning of the investigation.” Why did NBC News leave out that remark? Why, it’s almost as if they wanted to shape the news report to make Nadler sound more reasonable … and less like a partisan hack.

It’s a strange comment anyway. Why would Robert Mueller take offense to questions about the start of Operation Crossfire Hurricane? He had nothing to do with it until Rod Rosenstein appointed him special counsel more than a year after it began. Questions from Republicans about it wouldn’t constitute an attack, partisan or otherwise, on Mueller. It would in fact be a fairly normal line of questioning for an independent prosecutor about an investigation that ended up going nowhere. Mueller might not be inclined to provide broad answers to those questions while other Department of Justice reviews of that same question remain active, but it’s highly doubtful that such questions would cause Mueller to scurry away from the cameras.

Nadler knows very well why Mueller doesn’t want to take part in the House Judiciary circus. It’s because Nadler and other Democrats have turned it into a kangaroo court, a ridiculous spectacle over a report that has been entirely available to Congress minus grand-jury testimony for several weeks now. It’s all the speculating that Nadler and his cohort have indulged over the last several weeks, and last two years, on platforms like MSNBC to spin up hysteria and misinformation. Mueller would have to be insane to make participation in that his last public service.

Addendum: Of course, we wish Rep. Nadler a speedy recovery from a scary episode earlier today. Nadler apparently got dehydrated and nearly passed out:

[Photo at above linked article]

Nadler’s office issued a statement later saying that he was doing better at the hospital, and that they believe it’s just dehydration. His electrolyte balance may have been off as a result, and those of us who have experienced similar episodes know it’s no joke.

So Nadler would still get to question Mueller; there would be a transcript which could be released to the public.
In other words Congress would have its opportunity to "oversight" of what Mueller did.
There just wouldn't be any video of it that would be streamed on C-Span or available to be turned into 30 second "gotcha's" on You Tube.

THAT is what Nadler is upset about.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Congressman Schiff and his cadre of losers have spent the better part of a month demanding an unredacted release of the Mueller Report.
They want a full accounting of what was in the report.

Now Trump has ordered the declassification of some documents (intelligence) related to the Russia probe and Schiff claims that doing so would be “un-American.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 663f6eecbe

:lol:

You can't make this schiff up. ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
Mueller will testify, not on live. But the transcript will be public.

So it goes...

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:

So it goes...

Yes, but Jerry Nadler is upset over that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 932
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:

So it goes...

Yes, but Jerry Nadler is upset over that.

Yes, public hearing would have been a show. But Mueller is Mueller, a shy guy.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
Mueller also has to adhere to the same rules which required redactions in the report.

1) He shouldn't discuss grand jury testimony

2) He shouldn't discuss classified material

3) He shouldn't discuss material related to ongoing criminal matters

He should also be bound by the DOJ rule that requires a prosecutor NOT make allegations publicly against a person they choose not to indict.

You had "18 angry Proscutors" plus Mueller. Does anyone not believe they put every negative piece of crap in there about Trump they were legally and ethically allowed to?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Here are some suggestions:

Q: Did Rod Rosenstein ever deny any expansion of the investigation you requested?

A: No

Q: Why didn't you try to get Trump in a perjury trap?

A:We did. He had lawyers, unlike Mr. Flynn.

Q: How much fucking money did you guys spend on lunch every day?

A: We had a limit of $250 plus two martinis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
No comprendo humor

The thread header. ticktockticktock, right nero?

Frankly the only questions now are how much did O'bama know and when. (probably everything right from the beginning) This could be the worst abuse of power in USA history. Notice now democrats are accusing president Trump of 'weaponizing' gobmint agencies. Can you believe the balls it takes for them to do that? Holy projecting, nero. gesh.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
Quote:
No comprendo humor

The thread header. ticktockticktock, right nero?

Frankly the only questions now are how much did O'bama know and when. (probably everything right from the beginning) This could be the worst abuse of power in USA history. Notice now democrats are accusing president Trump of 'weaponizing' gobmint agencies. Can you believe the balls it takes for them to do that? Holy projecting, nero. gesh.

I know. I heard that today on NPR and had to look in the mirror to see if I was in an alternate universe. Turns out I had a homeless guy hairdo today so I couldn't tell.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:33 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 181  Next