maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 88  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Comey threw McCabe under the bus, and now Loretta Lynch has thrown Comey under the bus:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/04/ ... mes-comey/

Quote:
“I have known James Comey almost 30 years. Throughout his time as Director we spoke regularly about some of the most sensitive issue in law enforcement and national security. If he had any concerns regarding the email investigation, classified or not, he had ample opportunities to raise them with me both privately and in meetings. He never did.”

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
Comey threw McCabe under the bus, and now Loretta Lynch has thrown Comey under the bus:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/04/ ... mes-comey/

Quote:
“I have known James Comey almost 30 years. Throughout his time as Director we spoke regularly about some of the most sensitive issue in law enforcement and national security. If he had any concerns regarding the email investigation, classified or not, he had ample opportunities to raise them with me both privately and in meetings. He never did.”

I find it plausible that Comey did not trust Lynch to adequately pursue the Clinton email investigation. She tried to intervene directly at least once..ordering him to call it a "matter" and she "secretly" met with Bill to talk about "the grandkids" and her boss was trying to get Hildabeast elected.

If Loretta said "I am high yeller and that's how I got my job" I would want to see the DNA test. Even so, a circular Dem firing squad is fun to watch. Wait till the charges come down and they start firing grapeshot at 20 paces.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Speaking of the Clinton emails issue:

Fox News‘ Catherine Herridge reports today that DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz will release his long-awaited report on the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email investigation in May.

This should be interesting.

I predict that within 24 hours of the release of that report IG Michael Horowitz will be branded as a member of the "vast right wing conspiracy".

Horowitz will then be able to apply for his membership decal:

and coffee mug:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

And THEN he starts to work on the FISA abuse matter and after that the politically motivated unmasking and THEN the illegal leaks.

The guy has a job until he dies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/politics ... index.html

Quote:
Justice Dept. watchdog sends McCabe findings to federal prosecutors for possible charges

Pamela BrownCNN Digital Expansion 2017
By Pamela Brown and Laura Jarrett, CNN

Updated 3:23 PM ET, Thu April 19, 2018

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department's inspector general referred its findings on former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to the US attorney's office in Washington for possible criminal charges associated with lying to internal investigators, according to a source familiar with the matter.

When exactly the referral was made to the US attorney's office was not immediately clear, and prosecutors there may decline to prosecute.
Last week, the IG issued a report finding that McCabe "lacked candor" on four occasions with internal investigators when discussing a Wall Street Journal article about the FBI's Clinton Foundation investigation, according to a copy of the report obtained by CNN.

In addition, the inspector general determined that McCabe was not authorized to disclose the existence of the investigation because it was not within the department's "public interest" exception for disclosing ongoing investigations.

The disclosure to the Journal was made "in a manner designed to advance his personal interests at the expense of department leadership," the report said.

While leaking non-classified information is generally not a crime in itself and the IG's investigation was not a criminal probe, lying to federal investigators is a crime.

Referrals are not unusual but the move is significant give McCabe's role as the former No. 2 at the FBI.

A McCabe spokesperson, the Justice Department, the inspector general's office and the US attorney's office all declined to comment.

The findings formed the basis of McCabe's firing last month by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

It would not surprise me if criminal charges against McCabe never materialize because we have seen in the past that the standards for prosecuting politicians and government bureaucrats is often different than the one for everyone else.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-de ... 1524243505

Quote:
Justice Department Watchdog Probes Comey Memos Over Classified Information

Former FBI director has said he considered the memos, which he gave to a friend to release to media, personal documents

By Byron Tau and Aruna Viswanatha
Updated April 20, 2018 1:20 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—At least two of the memos that former FBI Director James Comey gave to a friend outside of the government contained information that officials now consider classified, according to people familiar with the matter, prompting a review by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.

Of those two memos, Mr. Comey himself redacted elements of one that he knew to be classified to protect secrets before he handed the documents over to his friend. He determined at the time that another memo contained no classified information,...

TO READ THE FULL STORY [behind the fricken paywall :roll: ]

I found a bit more regarding this:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/20/ ... nfo-memos/

Quote:
Uh Oh: DOJ Probing Comey For Including Classified Info In Memos

ALLAHPUNDITPosted at 2:41 pm on April 20, 2018

Trump’s spent the last year calling him a leaker but “leaker” is a term of art. It refers to someone who’s shared information they’re not entitled by law to share, i.e. classified information. Comey’s defense in handing off some of the memos he wrote about his meetings with Trump to a friend is that it’s not really a “leak” because the information in it isn’t classified. He was free to share it.

This helps answer the question du jour, namely, why were House Republicans so eager to get a copy of Comey’s memos? One theory is that they weren’t. They demanded the memos assuming that Rod Rosenstein would refuse to turn them over and that Trump could use that as a pretext to fire him in lieu of firing him because he’s annoyed by Russiagate. Another theory, though, is that they wanted the memos because they thought they might be able to find classified information in the ones that Comey shared. If they could, Comey’s image as the meticulous by-the-book lawman who just wants to do right while everyone around him strives to do wrong would be dented. He’s a leaker! Just like Trump said.

And now here’s the DOJ Inspector General, scrutinizing those memos and wondering if maybe Trump wasn’t right.

At least two of the memos that former FBI Director James Comey gave to a friend outside of the government contained information that officials now consider classified, according to people familiar with the matter, prompting a review by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.

Of those two memos, Mr. Comey himself redacted elements of one that he knew to be classified to protect secrets before he handed the documents over to his friend. He determined at the time that another memo contained no classified information, but after he left the Federal Bureau of Investigation, bureau officials upgraded it to “confidential,” the lowest level of classification.

The Justice Department inspector general is now conducting an investigation into classification issues related to the Comey memos, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Comey has two obvious defenses here. The first is right there in the excerpt — the memos were marked unclassified at the time he shared them. Only later did the DOJ decide that they were classified after all. Hillary Clinton made the same point about the emails on her server, though, and that argument was unpersuasive to, among other people, James Comey. Communications aren’t classified because they’re marked, they’re marked because they’re classified. That is to say, Hillary should have known from the sensitive content of some of the communications that they shouldn’t have been stored in a non-secure setting irrespective of how they were marked. Now here’s Comey facing the same issue. What a nifty twist by the people who are writing the berserk political storyline in the simulation we’re all living in!

But wait. Comey has another defense, notes the Journal: “As FBI director, Mr. Comey had the legal authority to determine what bureau information was classified and what wasn’t. Once he left government, however, the determination fell to other officials.” That is, unlike Hillary, Comey in his role as FBI director was empowered to decide what is and isn’t classified for official government purposes. Natsec lawyer Bradley Moss flagged that too:

Tweets:
Bradley P. Moss

@BradMossEsq
OK, this is serious and Comey may have gotten himself into some trouble.

Comey, however, was almost certainly an Original Classification Authority. If he disseminated the memoranda when they were still unclassified, and DOJ later retro-classified them, he's likely fine. https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/sta ... 2754451458

1:04 PM - Apr 20, 2018

Bradley P. Moss

@BradMossEsq
And to follow up further, as an OCA Comey was able to make select redactions (as he apparently did) of classified information and consequently deem the document declassified before he gave it to Richman.

DOJ won't want to try to litigate that issue. https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/sta ... 2754451458

1:06 PM - Apr 20, 2018

Bradley P. Moss

@BradMossEsq
Folks, James Comey - as an Original Classification Authority -was just as authorized to declassify his own memoranda as the President - as the ULTIMATE OCA - was to give the Russians classified info in the Oval Office w/o consulting anyone.

2:35 PM - Apr 20, 2018

In theory Comey could have drafted anything he wanted, handed it off to any friend or reporter he chose in the name of making it public, and simply declared it unclassified in order to avoid criminal trouble. That would have been an egregious abuse of power. That doesn’t appear to be what he did, though; the excerpt above mentions that he redacted one of his own memos to keep classified info out of the public domain. That leaves him with a case that, to the extent that other info in the memos was retroactively deemed classified by others, (a) there’s an honest disagreement as to the proper classification and (b) Comey acted in good faith to keep sensitive material out of the public eye by redacting other parts of his memos.

Imagine the irony, though, if the IG accused him of gross negligence in mishandling classified information — the same charge considered against Hillary Clinton and which James Comey himself decided didn’t apply because, historically, the Bureau has only charged people for intentionally mishandling classified info. An even niftier twist!

One obvious question. Did Comey ask any other Original Classification Authorities to vet his memos before he shared them? With something as sensitive as a document recounting private conversations with the president, you would think he’d consult with the DNI or someone else to make a judgment on his behalf as to whether anything in there should be held back. Because Comey wrote the documents and because they served his interests in asserting that he was resisting attempts by Trump to influence the Russiagate probe, it’s easy to believe that he was too close to the material to be able to fairly judge what should be classified and what shouldn’t be. Why didn’t he recuse himself from classifying his memos and ask someone else high up to do it for him?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

The FBI uses obviously tainted bullshit political attack material to get a bogus FISA warrant and when Trump accidentally wins the election and finds out, Comey leaks shit to the NYT about how Trump is fighting back.

What is the guy supposed to do...forget about the most abusive use of the intelligence apparatus in the history of the nation in order to attack an opposition candidate? Mother Theresa would have been pissed and might well have dropped the F-bomb.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Sorry, Jimmy, your "moral authority" is tainted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Both CNN and Crapper pushed Comey to discuss the Steele dossier with Trump, knowing full well news of the meeting would be leaked (presumably because Clapper would leak it) and then CNN could run the story despite the fact they knew they could not verify the allegations....this is called a "news hook" (the "news" that a briefing took place can be reported without verifying the details of the memo but merely dropping salacious and defamatory hints)

Complete bullshit. Crapper is well named and CNN are all whores.

Quote:

ByRyan Saavedra
@RealSaavedra

April 20, 2018

 104.4k views

Memos written by former FBI director James Comey reveal that CNN may have helped orchestrate a possible setup of then-president-elect Donald Trump.

According to multiple published reports, the memos seem to indicate that a meeting Comey had with Trump was prompted by pressure from CNN and then was used to launch the media frenzy over the anti-Trump dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist writes:

In multiple memos, Comey specifically mentioned that CNN had the dossier and wanted a “news hook” that would enable the network to report on its most salacious allegations even though they had not been verified.

Writing on the conversation he had with Trump, Comey wrote in a classified memo: “I said the Russians allegedly had tapes involving him and prostitutes at the Presidential Suite at the Ritz Carlton in Moscow from about 2013.”

As Hemingway notes, no reports had been published by any media outlet at the time Comey met with Trump and briefed him on the allegations contained in the dossier.

“I said media like CNN had [the allegations] and were looking for a news hook,” Comey specifically told Trump and noted in his memo. The Daily Caller reports:

Four days after that meeting, CNN published a story revealing the existence of a salacious report alleging the Russian government had compromised Trump. The CNN story was referring to what’s now known as the dossier — an unverified 35-page report written by former British spy Christopher Steele.

“I explained again why I had thought it important that he know about it,” Comey wrote in another classified memo on January 28, 2017. “I also explained that one of the reasons we told him was that the media, CNN in particular, was telling us they were about to run with it.”

CNN's January 10, 2017 report on the salacious and unproven allegations contained in the dossier was extremely significant, as Hemingway explains:

Extremely well-placed sources told CNN that the Obama administration’s top intelligence appointees had briefed Obama, Biden, and Trump all about a dossier they took incredibly seriously and considered credible. And it sounded really bad, as the headline [of CNN's report] indicated.

“Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump,” CNN reported in an article written by Jake Tapper, Evan Perez, Jim Sciutto, and Carl Bernstein. What's notable about the authors is that CNN's Perez had undisclosed ties to Fusion GPS, the firm that compiled the Democrat-funded dossier. Perez later falsely reported that the Republicans were the ones who funded the dossier, even after the facts had been made public which proved he was not telling the truth. Hemingway continues:

BuzzFeed published the actual dossier within minutes of CNN’s story going live, showing the world that the dossier was riddled with salacious gossip that lacked even a possibility of corroboration.

Among the most important facts revealed in Comey's memos, which the Justice Department released on Thursday, is the fact that there were seven memos compiled by Comey, four of which were classified. This is significant because Comey leaked four memos to his friend for him to turn around and leak to the media, which means that at least one of the memos had to have been classified.

As noted by Hemingway and the Washington Examiner's Byron York, one of the biggest takeaways from Comey's January 6, 2017 memo is that Comey indicates in the memo that the briefing was the idea of then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

"I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to [Trump] about alone or in a very small group," Comey wrote. "I then executed the session exactly as I had planned."

Comey then went on to tell Trump that CNN had the allegations and was looking for a "news hook" so they could publish the salacious and unproven allegations.

"I said it was important that we not give them the excuses to write that the FBI has the material or [REDACTED] and that we were keeping it very close-hold," Comey wrote in his memo. As The Federalist and The Daily Caller both noted, CNN ran the story just a few days after Comey's meeting with Trump.

Given Clapper's connection to Comey's meeting with Trump, Hemingway notes an important finding from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) final report on Russia. The committee's report found:

Finding #44: Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, now a CNN national security analyst, provided inconsistent testimony to the Committee about his contacts with the media, including CNN.

Hemingway continues:

So Comey, at Clapper’s expressed behest, told Trump that CNN was "looking for a news hook" to publish dossier allegations. He said this in the briefing of Trump that almost immediately leaked to CNN, which provided them the very news hook they sought and needed.

The briefing on January 6, 2017 was the catalyst for a series of events that ultimately led to where the Russia investigation currently sits. The briefing was immediately leaked to CNN, which attempted to legitimize the dossier, and in the process ignited a media firestorm. Hemingway concludes:

During the freakout, Comey deliberately refused to say in public what he acknowledged repeatedly in private — that the President of the United States was not under investigation. He even noted in his memos that he told the president at least three times that he was not under investigation. Comey’s refusal to admit publicly what he kept telling people privately led to his firing.

That led to Comey leaking multiple memos in order to get a special counsel appointed out of revenge.

Hemingway's assertion that Comey leaked the memos out of revenge is not without factual basis. During an interview with NBC's Savannah Guthrie this week, Comey admitted that he had an "obvious" bias against Trump because "he fired me."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29674/bo ... n-saavedra

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
Both CNN and Crapper pushed Comey to discuss the Steele dossier with Trump, knowing full well news of the meeting would be leaked (presumably because Clapper would leak it) and then CNN could run the story despite the fact they knew they could not verify the allegations....this is called a "news hook" (the "news" that a briefing took place can be reported without verifying the details of the memo but merely dropping salacious and defamatory hints)

Complete bullshit. Crapper is well named and CNN are all whores.

Quote:

ByRyan Saavedra
@RealSaavedra

April 20, 2018

 104.4k views

Memos written by former FBI director James Comey reveal that CNN may have helped orchestrate a possible setup of then-president-elect Donald Trump.

According to multiple published reports, the memos seem to indicate that a meeting Comey had with Trump was prompted by pressure from CNN and then was used to launch the media frenzy over the anti-Trump dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist writes:

In multiple memos, Comey specifically mentioned that CNN had the dossier and wanted a “news hook” that would enable the network to report on its most salacious allegations even though they had not been verified.

Writing on the conversation he had with Trump, Comey wrote in a classified memo: “I said the Russians allegedly had tapes involving him and prostitutes at the Presidential Suite at the Ritz Carlton in Moscow from about 2013.”

As Hemingway notes, no reports had been published by any media outlet at the time Comey met with Trump and briefed him on the allegations contained in the dossier.

“I said media like CNN had [the allegations] and were looking for a news hook,” Comey specifically told Trump and noted in his memo. The Daily Caller reports:

Four days after that meeting, CNN published a story revealing the existence of a salacious report alleging the Russian government had compromised Trump. The CNN story was referring to what’s now known as the dossier — an unverified 35-page report written by former British spy Christopher Steele.

“I explained again why I had thought it important that he know about it,” Comey wrote in another classified memo on January 28, 2017. “I also explained that one of the reasons we told him was that the media, CNN in particular, was telling us they were about to run with it.”

CNN's January 10, 2017 report on the salacious and unproven allegations contained in the dossier was extremely significant, as Hemingway explains:

Extremely well-placed sources told CNN that the Obama administration’s top intelligence appointees had briefed Obama, Biden, and Trump all about a dossier they took incredibly seriously and considered credible. And it sounded really bad, as the headline [of CNN's report] indicated.

“Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump,” CNN reported in an article written by Jake Tapper, Evan Perez, Jim Sciutto, and Carl Bernstein. What's notable about the authors is that CNN's Perez had undisclosed ties to Fusion GPS, the firm that compiled the Democrat-funded dossier. Perez later falsely reported that the Republicans were the ones who funded the dossier, even after the facts had been made public which proved he was not telling the truth. Hemingway continues:

BuzzFeed published the actual dossier within minutes of CNN’s story going live, showing the world that the dossier was riddled with salacious gossip that lacked even a possibility of corroboration.

Among the most important facts revealed in Comey's memos, which the Justice Department released on Thursday, is the fact that there were seven memos compiled by Comey, four of which were classified. This is significant because Comey leaked four memos to his friend for him to turn around and leak to the media, which means that at least one of the memos had to have been classified.

As noted by Hemingway and the Washington Examiner's Byron York, one of the biggest takeaways from Comey's January 6, 2017 memo is that Comey indicates in the memo that the briefing was the idea of then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

"I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to [Trump] about alone or in a very small group," Comey wrote. "I then executed the session exactly as I had planned."

Comey then went on to tell Trump that CNN had the allegations and was looking for a "news hook" so they could publish the salacious and unproven allegations.

"I said it was important that we not give them the excuses to write that the FBI has the material or [REDACTED] and that we were keeping it very close-hold," Comey wrote in his memo. As The Federalist and The Daily Caller both noted, CNN ran the story just a few days after Comey's meeting with Trump.

Given Clapper's connection to Comey's meeting with Trump, Hemingway notes an important finding from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) final report on Russia. The committee's report found:

Finding #44: Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, now a CNN national security analyst, provided inconsistent testimony to the Committee about his contacts with the media, including CNN.

Hemingway continues:

So Comey, at Clapper’s expressed behest, told Trump that CNN was "looking for a news hook" to publish dossier allegations. He said this in the briefing of Trump that almost immediately leaked to CNN, which provided them the very news hook they sought and needed.

The briefing on January 6, 2017 was the catalyst for a series of events that ultimately led to where the Russia investigation currently sits. The briefing was immediately leaked to CNN, which attempted to legitimize the dossier, and in the process ignited a media firestorm. Hemingway concludes:

During the freakout, Comey deliberately refused to say in public what he acknowledged repeatedly in private — that the President of the United States was not under investigation. He even noted in his memos that he told the president at least three times that he was not under investigation. Comey’s refusal to admit publicly what he kept telling people privately led to his firing.

That led to Comey leaking multiple memos in order to get a special counsel appointed out of revenge.

Hemingway's assertion that Comey leaked the memos out of revenge is not without factual basis. During an interview with NBC's Savannah Guthrie this week, Comey admitted that he had an "obvious" bias against Trump because "he fired me."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29674/bo ... n-saavedra

So Trump was even more correct than we realized when saying, "You are fake news" to CNN.

:shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 88  Next