maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 14709
Reputation points: 1862
EUBanana wrote:
Mac wrote:
WTF did I just watch?


Eurovision is explained.



Well, Eurovision song contest is nothing important. But has UK ever won after Lordi?



Now we have Saara Aalto, but then what is popular in the UK is not necessarily popular all over.

And I guess that UK is pulling out of the Eurovision anyway, so many foreigners voting. :roll:

:lol:

PS. There is a finnish epression: hääyöaie, not so different form Night Wish, just drop the wedding off. ;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11348
Reputation points: 15175
I think the British music scene doesn't really have a whole lot to prove at some shit show like Eurovision though. The only reason Brits watch it is to laugh in incredulity at all the Euro-camp after all.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 14709
Reputation points: 1862
EUBanana wrote:
I think the British music scene doesn't really have a whole lot to prove at some shit show like Eurovision though. The only reason Brits watch it is to laugh in incredulity at all the Euro-camp after all.

Sour grapes, 20 years since Katrina and the Waves and "Love Shine a Light". But did I see that? Not.

But I can remember some earlier successes, was it in the 60's or something... :roll:

Fuck the whole thing. Irrelevant. :twisted:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11348
Reputation points: 15175
nero wrote:
Sour grapes


Just Gods truth. I remember being quite surprised that my Swedish friends took it so seriously at first. I assumed all of Europe were just laughing at it along with us, was a bit of a shock that to so many it was in deadly seriousness! The actual British music industry wouldnt' touch Eurovision with a ten metre cattle prod, hence why you get a bunch of Z-listers going there instead of someone actually any good.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/16/eurovisio ... h-5820422/

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 14709
Reputation points: 1862
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
Sour grapes


Just Gods truth. I remember being quite surprised that my Swedish friends took it so seriously at first. I assumed all of Europe were just laughing at it along with us, was a bit of a shock that to so many it was in deadly seriousness! The actual British music industry wouldnt' touch Eurovision with a ten metre cattle prod, hence why you get a bunch of Z-listers going there instead of someone actually any good.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/16/eurovisio ... h-5820422/

The eurovision has developed to a irrelevant freak party.

But I can still remember when Abba won with Waterloo. ;)

Telly was open, but I was doing something else than watching. :mrgreen:

Life is hard.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 26206
Reputation points: 20000
It is certainly true the British don't have anything to prove on the subject of popular music....of course...they pretty much stole the ideas from somewhere else.

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
Gunnery Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 6033
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 17032
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
Sour grapes


Just Gods truth. I remember being quite surprised that my Swedish friends took it so seriously at first. I assumed all of Europe were just laughing at it along with us, was a bit of a shock that to so many it was in deadly seriousness! The actual British music industry wouldnt' touch Eurovision with a ten metre cattle prod, hence why you get a bunch of Z-listers going there instead of someone actually any good.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/16/eurovisio ... h-5820422/

I haven't watched a Eurovision since Wogan died, his laughter at how ridiculous it was the only thing that made it bearable. I remember watching it for the first time with my ex-wife from Chile and she was like "why his he so mean??" and I was like just wait for the votes from the European blocks sucking each others dicks and you will know why Brits don't take this shit seriously. Britain ruled the waves and the airwaves too. I can't think of a single band from Finland who ever made it big in the usa. ;)

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 11005
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 13981
Mac wrote:
nero wrote:
Sour grapes

I haven't watched a Eurovision since Wogan died, his laughter at how ridiculous it was the only thing that made it bearable. I remember watching it for the first time with my ex-wife from Chile and she was like "why his he so mean??" and I was like just wait for the votes from the European blocks sucking each others dicks and you will know why Brits don't take this shit seriously. Britain ruled the waves and the airwaves too. I can't think of a single band from Finland who ever made it big in the usa. ;)


That needs an outtro theme . . .


Timeless is when even little kids 40 years later still love that shit . . .

_________________
Anthro's NSFW Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Have Yourself A Diverse Little Christmas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:10 am 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 19115
Reputation points: 18052
More "Diversity" cult bullshit at Google being exposed. Lawsuits piling up.

"Diversity" as in institutionalized discrimination against european & asian males. In hiring & more.


_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group