maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Texas Baptist Church Shootings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:43 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
Breaking now...

Quote:
Authorities in Sutherland Springs, Texas have confirmed that there are multiple casualties in a mass shooting at a Baptist church in the small community after social media reports described a man walking into the church and shooting parishioners.

Reports on Twitter and Facebook indicated that as many as 15 people were shot at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, but authorities had not confirmed that number. An MSNBC producer wrote, “Source in TX tells me as many as 10-15 dead in church shooting in Sutherland Springs, near San Antonio; suspect is down.” On social media, some people said the casualty count could be even higher; a KSAT-TV reporter at the scene said that an “ambu-bus” had responded, which is used for multiple victims.

Neighbors say they heard shooter may have reloaded multiple times, around 50 people usually at service pic.twitter.com/tkAYMp2Y8A

— Max Massey (@MaxMasseyTV) November 5, 2017

The scene outside the church was tragic and heartbreaking as crying family members of loved ones gathered outside, desperate for information about them, and praying. A local hospital has reported receiving multiple victims. The ATF was responding to the scene.

Families in tears wait to see if their family and friends are safe. Praying for the safety of all those involved. pic.twitter.com/yjzK7lZJ1S

“Sheriff Joe Tackitt confirmed that there were multiple casualties and multiple fatalities. The shooter has been taken down,” reported Wilson County News. Other reports said police shot the suspect, who has not yet been identifiedl, although this was not confirmed. Videos and photos posted to social media, which you can see below, showed a massive law enforcement response to the scene.

Although authorities had not provided details yet on the mass shooting reports, people on Twitter and Facebook were reporting that a man, possibly with an assault rifle, had shot multiple people, including at least one small child. People posted frantic messages on social media about loved ones. Witnesses reported that the man walked into the church around 11:30 a.m. Sunday and opened fire, KSAT-TV reported, adding, “The church is located in the 500 block of 4th Street in the small, south Texas town about 40 miles east of San Antonio.” (Recent population figures said the town has only 362 people.)

PLS PRAY FOR MY DAD BC MY DAD IS AT THE SHOOTING SCENE‼️

— MESSENGER (@SydneyMadisonM) November 5, 2017

A reporter for KSAT-TV also says the shooter is dead, and that police confirmed there were multiple victims, writing, “#BREAKING Confirmed shooting at First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, police say multiple victims.” That reporter, Matt Massey, also wrote that “neighbors say they heard shooter may have reloaded multiple times, around 50 people usually at service.” He reported that at least six helicopters were called in to transport victims.

The assault rifle reports, which are not yet confirmed, originated on social media. “Oh my God if you live in Sutherland Springs or Wilson County please go in side and stay safe. My family just called me freaking out because across the street from their house a guy with an assault rifle started shooting in our town church and even shot my brothers house. If ur from my hometown go inside, lock ur doors and so be safe and I love you all,” wrote one woman on Facebook.

This is the scene of the shooting st the church pic.twitter.com/0sf1woffOl

Horrifically, early reports say that a child is among the victims. “A witness at the scene reported a 2-year-old was also shot,” reported KENS5. The child’s condition was not clear. There was no official word on the number of casualties.

PSA: Active shooter with 15 ppl down at the baptist church in Sutherland Springs down my road, be careful everybody‼️‼️

— MESSENGER (@SydneyMadisonM) November 5, 2017

Another man said that people he knew were inside the church. He wrote on Facebook, “Just got a call from (named removed) prayers needed for Sutherland Springs community. Someone went into the Baptist Church and shot 15 people. The guy is one the run and they have the roads closed down. (Names removed) were at their church in LaVernia. Please keep prayers going.”

Some accounts on social media said there might be more than one shooter. News of the mass shooting reports broke just after noon on November 5, 2017. Early reports in mass shooting incidents can often be wrong, of course.

People can’t even go to church without being killed. Prayers for Sutherland springs.

— Al ⚰️ (@Alisonlea6) November 5, 2017

“I’m hearing there was a shooting at the First Baptist Church on 539 near Hartfield Rd in the Sutherland Springs area. Lots of sheriff’s deputies on scene, blocking traffic. EMS from all over Wilson County have been called in. Multiple victims,” one social media user wrote. Another man wrote on Facebook, “A bunch of people have been shot in Sutherland springs . The church and gas station people walked in and started shooting so far herd 15 dead maybe more.”

At least 6 helicopters called to transport victims pic.twitter.com/GTwwQfPx6L

First Baptist Church, of Sutherland Springs, Texas, has posted videos of its services on YouTube.

This article will be updated as more is learned about the mass shooting.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/11/sutherla ... as-church/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Texas Baptist Church Shootings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16925
Uggh. I hope it is not some racial motivation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
Current reports have 27 as being dead...

Quote:
At least 27 people have died after a gunman opened fire at a church in Texas during Sunday services, police say.

The attack happened at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs in Wilson County.

Police official Albert Gamez Jr confirmed the number of fatalities to CBS News.

The gunman, who is reported to have been killed in the aftermath, entered the church and opened fire at around 11:30 local time (17:30 GMT).

"The details are kind of sketchy but what I know right now, what they're telling me, like 27 deceased and over 20, 25 injured," Mr Gomez Jr said.

"They're talking about the shooter is dead also," he added.

One witness, Carrie Matula, told NBC News: "We heard semi-automatic gunfire… we're only about 50 yards away from this church."

"This is a very small community, so everyone was very curious as to what was going on."

The San Antonio FBI branch said its agents had been deployed, and there was no indication of the gunman's motive.

The FBI also said that while only one shooter was reported, it was looking into other possibilities.

Photos and video from the scene showed the area taped off by local law enforcement.

A number of helicopters have arrived to transport the wounded, KSAT 12 reporter Max Massey said.

Texas governor Greg Abbott said: "Our prayers are with all who were harmed by this evil act. Our thanks to law enforcement for their response."

He said more details would be released by the Texas Department of Public Safety shortly.

President Trump, on a tour of Asia, tweeted: "May God be with the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI and law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
jack t ripper wrote:
Uggh. I hope it is not some racial motivation.

For some reason, churches seem to have become a focal point for that lately. One way or another. :?

Ultimately, I think it's due to the media & politicians' sensationalist bullshit ramping up the mentally ill more than usual. Fucking assholes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:10 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 5613
Because 99% of the time folks don't pack their guns to church. Easy targets. I bet some vehicles in the parking lot had guns in them though. And probably a couple in the church were cussing up a storm that they left them there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:32 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9532
Mandatory open carry.

These nuts don't attack where there are armed people.

You'll still have incidents like the recent Nevada shooting.

Why do they do it ... nut jobs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
The county district attorney just mentioned in the official press conference that a local resident confronted the shooter as the shooter was exiting the church. The resident shot at the shooter (did not mention if his shots connected or not). The shooter dropped his Ruger AR-15, fled to his vehicle and fled the scene. The resident pursued the shooter. The DA also said that the armed resident who confronted the shooter was not injured.

At some point, the shooter crossed the county line and then ran off the road. He was dead in his vehicle. It is presently unknown if the shooter died from a self inflicted wound or as a result of being shot by someone else.

I believe they mentioned that the death toll is currently 26. He was dressed in black and wearing a tactical vest.

It was stated in another report I saw that the shooter was from outside the county (somewhere in the San Antonio area).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:22 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 11164
KSAT says shooters name was "kelley" ...

But we don't know if that is "bubba kelley" or "moohamid kelley" ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:35 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
Fox news muppets have been babbling for hours and providing no information.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9532
jwilkerson wrote:
KSAT says shooters name was "kelley" ...

But we don't know if that is "bubba kelley" or "moohamid kelley" ...

His name Devin Patrick Kelley.
It sounds Irish (sort off?) but names don't really count with whites, my son's kids are Bradleys and almost totally latino.

Last edited by abradley on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next