maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2018
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:18 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
Quote:
Many lawmakers, however, were left less than impressed by the social media representatives answers to their probes over the past two days, saying much more work needs to be done in addressing the influence of Russian trolls and bots. 

Social Media is meant to be biased. Why don't Russians have the right to spout their opinions on an international forum? "Don't believe everything you hear, see or read." Pretty sure I learned that when my age was in single digits.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I
CatLover7 wrote:
Quote:
Many lawmakers, however, were left less than impressed by the social media representatives answers to their probes over the past two days, saying much more work needs to be done in addressing the influence of Russian trolls and bots. 

Social Media is meant to be biased. Why don't Russians have the right to spout their opinions on an international forum? "Don't believe everything you hear, see or read." Pretty sure I learned that when my age was in single digits.

Yes, but many are not simply "Hillary Makes Comapct with the Devil" or "Trump Sells Son to Gyspies".

Some are quite sophisticated such as pro-Hillary/anti-banning hijab ads. Those really are Hillary's positions but are they cleverly intended to increase the turn-out for Trump?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Just watched a Fox News report on the Congressional hearings over Russia.

The Russians purchased around $46,000 in Facebook ads before the election (these ads were for/against BOTH candidates...a hodge-podge of stuff). The Congressman then asked how much in Facebook ads were purchased by the Clinton or Trump campaigns----$80-some million.

Does anyone realistically believe that those $46,000 in ads affected the outcome of the election?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:01 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:

Does anyone realistically believe that those $46,000 in ads affected the outcome of the election?

Those ads obviously hacked voting machines in the rust belt.

Sneeki breeki Russian trojan viruses!!1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
Just watched a Fox News report on the Congressional hearings over Russia.

The Russians purchased around $46,000 in Facebook ads before the election (these ads were for/against BOTH candidates...a hodge-podge of stuff). The Congressman then asked how much in Facebook ads were purchased by the Clinton or Trump campaigns----$80-some million.

Exactly! They were trying to cause shit. They have been doing it for nearly 100 years. They funded the Wobblies. They supported communist newspapers in the US. They supported the UFW and even American Indian movments. They had spies all over FDR's administration and the post-war State Dept. They supported Castro and Central American regimes. They infiltrated academia and Hollywood.

What they DID NOT do is make John Podesta answer the crudest phsihing email ever devised and they DID NOT tell Hildabeast to conceal her emails from teh Americna voters on a private server..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 7811e233cc

Quote:
By David Von Drehle Columnist December 29 at 7:04 PM

Ding-dong, 2018 is finally here, and with it the chance for Democrats to take their archenemy, Donald Trump, down a peg. Talk swirls of winning the House of Representatives, even halting the juggernaut of conservative judges streaming through the Senate. Trump is so unpopular! Why, Democrats are more confident than I’ve seen them since . . .

Since Nov. 8, 2016.

Oh my....that's bad news....when you consider how the votes turned out that day. ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

For any one you that live in Maryland.......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15095
Isn't that piece of shit behind bars!?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

IIRC, during the last few days of his presidency, Obama commuted all but 4 months off his/her/its 35 year sentence. So it was released in May 2017.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5632
Anthropoid wrote:

Urkle commuted his sentence.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... ments.html

"Apple Slices! I think Bradley Brianna Chelsea Manning is every bit the American Hero Bowe Bergdahl is!"

//Emperor Urkle X

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next