maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
jack t ripper wrote:
They need a net of 23 seats in the House.

It might happen. Then, about 2 minutes later Maxine "James-Brown-Wig" Waters will introduce an impeachment resolution.....and then....nothing will happen....and millions will experience a severe case of impeachmentis interruptis

Demorats will get more than that, much more. Even demorat Senate is possible, but less likely.

I have seen enough American politics to state that the demorats do not avoid a situation to embarrass themselves. Those fucking surrender monkeys. :twisted:

But what they should do is to take this gerrymandering on the table. And especially the constitutionality of the gerrymandering. To draw the electoral district according by a party neutral way, an algorithm that mostly follows county lines, but then maximizes the naturalness of the districts. I am certain that the rules can be agreed, or then not.

And even the supreme court have turned down extreme gerrymandering lately.

Yeah, demorats should impeach when there is a case to win, and there will be. But first take on gerrymandering.

My 2 cents.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

It might happen. Then, about 2 minutes later Maxine "James-Brown-Wig" Waters will introduce an impeachment resolution.....and then....nothing will happen....and millions will experience a severe case of impeachmentis interruptis

Demorats will get more than that, much more. Even demorat Senate is possible, but less likely.

I have seen enough American politics to state that the demorats do not avoid a situation to embarrass themselves. Those fucking surrender monkeys. :twisted:

But what they should do is to take this gerrymandering on the table. And especially the constitutionality of the gerrymandering. To draw the electoral district according by a party neutral way, an algorithm that mostly follows county lines, but then maximizes the naturalness of the districts. I am certain that the rules can be agreed, or then not.

Yeah, demorats should impeach when there is a case to win, and there will be. But first take on gerrymandering.

My 2 cents.

The first mid-terms of a new president often result in their party losing some seats. I have doubts as to whether it will be much of a change this time around, if at all.

The "Blue Wave" has turned into Blue Balls while the Dems continue to hang themselves. Which is a good thing because their leadership, and their self serving anti-American priorities, need a long hard enema treatment. Their donation dollars, in the shitter, is a good indicator of just how little they're loved right now and they continue to make it worse.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

My 2 cents.

US House (Congressional) districts boundaries are drawn on a state level basis.
Getting 50 states to agree on a "a party neutral way, an algorithm that mostly follows county lines, but then maximizes the naturalness of the districts. I am certain that the rules can be agreed..." is very unlikely.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:

My 2 cents.

US House (Congressional) districts boundaries are drawn on a state level basis.
Getting 50 states to agree on a "a party neutral way, an algorithm that mostly follows county lines, but then maximizes the naturalness of the districts. I am certain that the rules can be agreed..." is very unlikely.

If mandated by the scotus it is likely. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Each state determines for itself, usually detailed in the state constitution, who will draw district lines for state legislators and Congress members.

https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/ ... rict-lines

Quote:
State Legislative Districts

Most state constitutions grant state legislatures the authority to redraw state legislative boundaries as do many local government charters. Some states have chosen to delegate this authority either entirely or partially, usually by allowing elected or appointed commissions to establish district boundaries. Other states give courts the final word.

http://www.redistrictingonline.org/whos ... edist.html

SCOTUS can (when making a decision on a lawsuit that it has chosen to review in its court) decide whether the process that a state uses is in accordance with the US Constitution and applicable federal law.

The reason that there are different processes to draw district boundaries in the various states is because the states have that authority under the US Constitution(Article 1, Sec. 4).

SCOTUS can decide as a result of hearing a case and rendering a decision, whether a state's process is constitutional or not.
I doubt whether SCOTUS would ever "mandate" one process for ALL states across the board.

They have had 229 years to do so and have thus far chosen not to do so.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Well this is a new campaign tactic:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05 ... -building/

Quote:
TWITTER HORROR: Chelsea Manning Tweets Suicide Note and Picture of Herself on Ledge of a Tall Building

Chelsea Manning tweeted a suicide note and a picture of herself standing on the edge of a tall building on Sunday night.

Manning, a Democratic Senatorial candidate, posted what appeared to be a suicide note on Twitter around 8:30 PM on Sunday.

Chelsea tweeted, “I’m sorry – I tried – I’m sorry I let you all down – I’m not really cut out for this world – I tried adapting to this world out here but I failed you – I couldn’t do this anymore – I can take people I don’t know hating me but not my own friends – I tried and I’m sorry about my failure”

Photos, and the rest of the article at above link

Not sure how effective this is going to be for Manning's campaign?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:37 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 15843
If Nostra Dumbass predicts a blue wave it's never going to happen. I would think after all these years here he would have learned something. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
Democrats think they're going to win the house and overturn the election of president Trump by impeaching im - for conducting absolutely nothing illegal. President Trump is doing a good job. has been investigated for over 2 years w/ no charges, and is very popular so good luck w/ that I guess.

shrug.

Right, nero?

America has a Bill of Rights that no state would ever sign on to.

For example the freedom of speech. Freedom from seizure of documents. And most importantly bearing arms to the teeth just in case the gobmint forgets who the boss is.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:00 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14595
Mac wrote:

:)

Comedy gold there my friend :P

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next