maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2018
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:49 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5757
chijohnaok wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
Isn't that piece of shit behind bars!?

IIRC, during the last few days of his presidency, Obama commuted all but 4 months off his/her/its 35 year sentence. So it was released in May 2017.

Yup, JAG also decided to play "f*ck you Trump" and basically let Bergdahl off the hook.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/03/us/b ... tence.html

Al-NYT wrote:
FORT BRAGG, N.C. — Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who walked off his Army base in Afghanistan in 2009 and was held captive by the Taliban for five years, received no prison time for desertion or endangering troops, but was ordered by a military judge on Friday to be dishonorably discharged from the Army.

The sentencing took only minutes in a case where prosecutors had sought 14 years in a military prison.

Essentially he got wrist slapped, I am certain Bowe will run for the Senate or Congress at some point....wonder what party he will be running as a member of?

You could always ask his goat warbling Jihadist dad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5757
CatLover7 wrote:

Social Media is meant to be biased. Why don't Russians have the right to spout their opinions on an international forum? "Don't believe everything you hear, see or read." Pretty sure I learned that when my age was in single digits.

Social media is* biased, of course Mark Zuckerf*c*er and Goggle like the sound of just the left hand clapping.....

we need to go Teddy Roosevelt on their asses, they *love* big government and stacked DoJ actions... time to show them how much fun the oil companies and coal companies had with democrats in power.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
sven wrote:
CatLover7 wrote:

Social Media is meant to be biased. Why don't Russians have the right to spout their opinions on an international forum? "Don't believe everything you hear, see or read." Pretty sure I learned that when my age was in single digits.

Social media is* biased, of course Mark Zuckerf*c*er and Goggle like the sound of just the left hand clapping.....

we need to go Teddy Roosevelt on their asses, they *love* big government and stacked DoJ actions... time to show them how much fun the oil companies and coal companies had with democrats in power.

And you will have:

;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The color analogy has always been week. All the Reds are in the Dem party.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
jack t ripper wrote:
The color analogy has always been week. All the Reds are in the Dem party.

That is one thing that I have been wondering. But now it seems that this red has more street credibility, russia-wise.

:lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:18 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Meanwhile, an Oprah Zombie makes suspicious accusations of sexual harassment against Seal.

Then the accuser openly admitted she made the accusation after she saw Seal's critical post about Oprah being part of the big Hollywood problem (and posting a meme of her with Weinstein).

~~>

Zang! :lol:

Hrmm..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 am 
Sergeant Major

The "White Folk Be Racist" attack did not work against Trump and I am not sure the "All Men Be Perverts" attack will work for Oprah either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Upcoming gubernatorial debate in Pennsylvania:

I'm sorry but your answer is incorrect, it must be phrased in the form of a question.

'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek to moderate a Pa. gubernatorial debate

:lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Some years ago the Democrats in California thought they would be sly---the changed their primaries to an open primary, where the two top finishers, regardless of party affiliation, would move forward to the general election. They figured there would be a number of races where the two top finishers were Democrats (blocking the Republican from a general election race.

And now that might come back to bite 'em in the ass:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol- ... story.html

Quote:
California Democrats agree they have too many candidates for Congress. What to do about them is the problem

By CHRISTINE MAI-DUC
FEB 24, 2018 | 6:00 AM

Democratic activists in Orange County threw an impromptu party with cake, party hats and singing after Republican Rep. Darrell Issa announced he was retiring.

But the exhilaration over the opportunity to capture a Republican congressional seat quickly turned to political panic.

There are so many Democrats running for Congress in some districts that they could split the votes in the June 5 primary and send two Republicans to the November election, thanks to California's top-two primary system. Democrats need 24 seats to reclaim the majority in the U.S. House — and are putting money and attention toward 10 California contests. In other words, every race matters.

The volume of Democratic candidates is a particular problem in Issa's 49th Congressional District in San Diego and south Orange County.

On a recent phone call with 300 local activists, organizers fretted over the entry of a fifth Democrat into the race and rumors about a sixth.

"What I would like to do is ship all these candidates to a deserted island for a season of 'Survivor,' " Terra Lawson-Remer, who leads the Flip the 49th grassroots group, said on the call.

Democrats also see possible trouble in the 39th Congressional District, set mostly in northeastern Orange County and currently represented by Rep. Ed Royce, who is retiring. There are at least eight Democratic candidates, and only one with experience as an elected official.

The fears are well founded. In 2012, when the top-two primary system began, the same dynamic cost Democrats a congressional seat in the Inland Empire despite a 5 percentage point advantage in voter registration.

The question for this year's high-stakes midterm elections is how Democrats can continue to harness the supercharged atmosphere of activism, enthusiasm and fundraising sparked by the resistance to President Trump in California while boosting the candidates with the best shot at winning.

"There is a very real risk that we don't get a single Democrat through the primary [in those districts] if nobody decides to drop out," said Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Torrance), western vice chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which runs House races for the party.

"We don't have the power to force anyone out. We are trying to do this in a respectful manner because this is America," Lieu said. "But if you've got candidates that are polling at 2% or 4% in some districts … there's zero path to victory."

The DCCC has done polling showing Democrats could easily be shut out in some of these crucial California contests. At least two polls of voters in the 39th and 49th districts show it's entirely possible two Republicans would break through and leave Democrats with a missed opportunity.

These worries are a backdrop in San Diego this weekend as the faithful gather for the California Democratic Party's annual convention. They will need to make decisions about whether to put the full force of the establishment behind certain candidates in certain races, or stay out of intraparty warfare. There are eight House races on the convention agenda where the endorsement remains up for grabs.

In January, small groups of Democrats met at the district level and voted for their preferred candidates. In several cases, including in the 39th District, no candidate received more than half of the votes. That means the state party won't make an endorsement.

Since they could not come to an agreement at the January meeting, Democrats from the 49th District will be voting at the convention on whether to back one of the five candidates seeking the party nod. To get the endorsement, the candidate would need support from 60% of the district's delegates attending the convention.

In some ways, having an excess of well-funded, viable Democratic challengers stepping up in congressional races up and down the state is a good problem to have. There are now multiple Democrats running in all of California's GOP-held House seats except one. The candidates are veterans, attorneys, doctors, tech executives and Obama-era political aides, and 18 already have raised at least $500,000.

On the other hand, infighting is costly and could impede the bigger-picture goal: winning Republican seats.

This also is not a unified group of Democrats. Lingering dissent within the ranks spilled out last year during the race to lead the state party. Eric Bauman, who defeated an upstart running to his left to become chair of the California Democratic Party, said he has had tough conversations with all of the candidates running in the 39th District.

"I really am trying to avoid having to put my foot on anybody's neck," Bauman said. He said his conversations might be a less traditional method than a typical election year, but Trump's "obnoxious agenda is an even greater danger."

Already, campaigns for the several dozen candidates attempting to make it past the primary in key races have gone on the attack against fellow Democrats, trying to get reporters to use their opposition research dredging up unsavory business practices, decades-old bankruptcies and exaggerated resumes.

The DCCC has allowed local candidates to sort themselves out instead of picking favorites. But there have been subtle moves to champion the candidates who seem like they have the best chances.

DCCC officials have made a point to alert reporters to certain candidates they consider to be strong. Last year, the committee invited at least one potential candidate to Washington for a round of meetings with senior House Democrats before he announced his congressional bid. And DCCC officials say they have reserved the right to get more involved before June to spend money on preferred candidates or against others, something they've already done in Texas.

The DCCC has commissioned extensive polls in Royce's and Issa's districts, testing potential campaign messages to assess the viability of the candidates.

Lieu says he and other California House members have presented some candidates with the opposition research they expect Republicans could easily turn into an "October surprise" in an attempt to persuade those candidates to opt against running. He declined to say which campaigns he'd talked to.

Continued at above link

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
How do Democrats even look themselves in the mirror? Their party is literally a criminal organizaton.

The Republican party has its fair share of scumbags, hypocrites, closet cocksuckers, moral retards, and sanctimonious twits. But the Democrats . . . sheeze I believe they'd dig up Che Guevarra's bones and run him if they thought he could win it for them.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 63  Next