maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Google Groupthink Video
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
At once hilarious and alarming video of Google corporate meeting after Trump crushed Hildabeast.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/ ... -election/

Good analysis

Quote:
OSTED ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2018 BY JOHN HINDERAKER IN GOOGLE
IT’S OFFICIAL: GOOGLE IS A DEMOCRATIC PARTY FRONT [UPDATED]
Someone leaked to Breitbart an hour-long video of an “all hands” Google meeting that was held just after the 2016 election. The video features Google’s co-founder, Sergei Brin, its CEO, Sundar Pichai, and numerous other high-ranking “Googlers” speaking in turn about the election’s tragic outcome. It is stunning.

All of the speakers express grief over Donald Trump’s election. All of the speakers assume that every Google employee is a Democrat and is stunned and horrified that Hillary Clinton–the worst and most corrupt presidential candidate in modern history–lost. There is much discussion about what Google can do to reverse the benighted world-wide tide exemplified by Brexit and Trump’s election. The insane doctrine of “white privilege” rears its head.

You really have to see it to believe it. Having suffered through the hour-long cri de cœur–OK, to be fair, there is a huge element of schadenfreude, too, and you will relish much of it–you probably will have several reactions: 1) These people may have certain valuable technical skills, but they aren’t very bright and are unusually lacking in self-awareness. 2) It is remarkable that they can achieve such an extraordinary monoculture in an organization with thousands of employees. It must require vigorous enforcement of right-think. 3) It is easy to see how these uniformly left-wing robots/people seamlessly transitioned into Resisting the duly elected Trump administration.

Here is the video, then a final comment:

The question is what to do about the left-wing tech monopolies of Silicon Valley. Start conservative companies and platforms to compete with them? Break them up under the Sherman Act? Turn them into regulated public utilities, with public employee-level salaries and no stock options? Those are all possibilities. After watching the video, you no doubt will be ready to take action.

UPDATE: Google put out a statement in response to the uproar over this video:

At a regularly scheduled all hands meeting, some Google employees and executives expressed their own personal views in the aftermath of a long and divisive election season. For over 20 years, everyone at Google has been able to freely express their opinions at these meetings. Nothing was said at that meeting, or any other meeting, to suggest that any political bias ever influences the way we build or operate our products. To the contrary, our products are built for everyone, and we design them with extraordinary care to be a trustworthy source of information for everyone, without regard to political viewpoint.

That’s the usual leftist line: Sure, we are all liberals here, but trust us! It doesn’t influence how we do our work. The problem is that the video includes extensive discussion of how “we” can prevent future anomalies like Trump’s election and Brexit.

A reader and frequent correspondent offers a pungent take on Google’s election angst:

Gag me with a spoon.

I worked for very large corporations most of my life. Of course, there is a strong element of conformity — but with respect to achieving success of the business, nothing else! I also had experience in a tech start-up post early stage. Very smart high level people. And NOTHING remotely like the fatuous, risible self importance displayed by these punchable a**holes. They give conformity, groupthink and limousine liberal goo-goo right-think a bad name.

But all you need to know is this, openly proclaimed: they have 10,000 immigrant employees! A world of tech-coolies!

Crush them.

Also this:

And what is it with their “values”? WTF? Are they a cult? Do they think they’re an eleemosynary institution?

When I hear one of these smarmy T-shirt wearing fakes nattering on about their “Googler” “values”…I release the safety on my Browning.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Google Groupthink Video
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15095
It is a god damned shame they got the best search algorithm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:47 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
It is a god damned shame they got the best search algorithm.

Or do they?

:twisted:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:33 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1459
Talk about groupthink. :lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:41 am 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:

The voluntary aggregation of like-minded group of a few dozen minded people without any political influence is rather different from assembling an army of cyborgs at Google, don't you think?

The Russians spent like $100K on Google ads...>80% of which was AFTER the election and half of which was spent on Leftist advocacy ads, even organizing some vagina hat marches

meanwhile, Google secretly spent millions on a Hispanic get-out-the-vote campaign (but only in swing states), a barely concealed strategy to elect Hildabeast and, arguably, a serious violation of campaign finance laws passed by Dems.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:36 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1459
jack t ripper wrote:
nero wrote:

The voluntary aggregation of like-minded group of a few dozen minded people without any political influence is rather different from assembling an army of cyborgs at Google, don't you think?

The Russians spent like $100K on Google ads...>80% of which was AFTER the election and half of which was spent on Leftist advocacy ads, even organizing some vagina hat marches

meanwhile, Google secretly spent millions on a Hispanic get-out-the-vote campaign (but only in swing states), a barely concealed strategy to elect Hildabeast and, arguably, a serious violation of campaign finance laws passed by Dems.

But evolving groupthink to a cult is so weird. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 am 
Sergeant Major

If Cruz wins, you support Cruz. If Trump wins you support Trump. In 2020 you support Trump because any Dem challenger is likely to be a raise taxes, redistribute wealth, abolish ICE dangerous zealot.

It's not really Groupthink. You support the candidate closest to one's views.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
If Cruz wins, you support Cruz. If Trump wins you support Trump. In 2020 you support Trump because any Dem challenger is likely to be a raise taxes, redistribute wealth, abolish ICE dangerous zealot.

It's not really Groupthink. You support the candidate closest to one's views.

Quote:
You support the candidate closest to one's views.

Or you vote for a 3rd party candidate..........and get Bill Clinton for 8 years says I who voted for Ross Perot in 1992 :oops:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8027
I woulidn't worry about. I voted for Perot as well.

You see even back then there were folks who understood that both parties were more or less the same and offered no real change.

So after the Clinton years, the Bush years and the Obama years, folks finally got a choice... and they jumped at the opportunity.

Your vote for Perot has been vindicated.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

It is true. Trump has many of the same ideas as Perot, especially on trade.

What accounts for the victory:

--Strong emphasis on immigration
--More charisma
--Hard work
--Shitty opposing candidate
--He ran as a Republican
--8 years of Mocha Jesus

Profile E-mail