maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
 Post subject: Re: The Absolute State Of The UK Police
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
NOT a negative @ British police:

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/c ... wsource=cl

Quote:
Gunman jailed for shooting teenager on Tube train

PUBLISHED: 12:36 04 September 2019 | UPDATED: 14:02 05 September 2019

A man has been jailed for 13 years today, Wednesday, September 4, for shooting a teenager on board a Tube train as it approached Barking station.

Bienvenu Vangu, who was also given a four year extended licence period, had been found not guilty on Tuesday, September 3 of attempted murder but guilty of GBH with intent.

The Old Bailey heard how Vangu had met his teenage victim - who is from Newham but who cannot be named for legal reasons - on the platform at King's Cross station on the evening of February 20.

They "locked eyes" and a verbal altercation took place before they sat down on the train next to each other.

The court was told how the teenager then moved seats, with Vangu giving evidence that he interpreted a phone conversation the teenager was having as featuring threats against him.

After the train passed East Ham, the 16-year-old got up and stood in the doorway. Vangu followed and more words were exchanged before the teenager pulled a knife. He chased Vangu down the train with the 25-year-old then pulling a gun from his bag and shooting him.

[video at above linked article]

Neena Crinnion, defending, said: "Had the train doors opened 30 seconds before they did then this offence would not have been committed."

But Her Honour Judge Molyneux ruled that Vangu had plenty of opportunities to avoid a confrontation with the teenager during the journey.

Amjad Malik QC, prosecuting, said it was "fortunate" the teenager - who did not give evidence in the trial - survived.

He added: "The prosecution are not aware of what caused the initial confrontation with [the teenager]."

The court heard how Vangu had a string of offences dating back to when he was 14, including receiving a six year prison sentence in 2011 for an axe attack outside Haringey Magistrates' Court in what was described as a "large number of young men coming together".

But no offences had been committed since his release in 2014 until the shooting.

Vangu, of Mariner House, High Street, Southend, looked up at the public gallery as he was led away.

The boy has been charged with possessing a blade and wounding with intent. His trial is due to start at Snaresbrook Crown Court on June 15, 2020.

I suppose that the teenager has not heard of the adage "Never bring a knife to a gun fight"

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18312
I thought all weapons were banned in the U.K.? Surprised both of those two are not being permanently incarcerated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
I thought all weapons were banned in the U.K.? Surprised both of those two are not being permanently incarcerated.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm ... ed_Kingdom

Quote:
In the United Kingdom, access by the general public to firearms is subject to some of the strictest control measures in the world.[1] Laws differ and are generally less restrictive in Northern Ireland. Concerns have been raised over the availability of illegal firearms.[2][3][4]

Members of the public may own sporting rifles and shotguns, subject to licensing, but handguns were effectively banned after the Dunblane school massacre in 1996 with the exception of Northern Ireland. Dunblane was the UK's first and only school shooting. There has been one spree killing since Dunblane, the Cumbria shootings in June 2010, which involved a shotgun and a .22 calibre rifle, both legally held. Prior to Dunblane, there had only been one mass shooting carried out by a civilian in the entire history of Great Britain, which took place in Hungerford on 19 August 1987.[5][6]

Further details at the above link.

As I presume the gentleman on the Tube was not carrying a rifle or a shotgun in his pocket (or hidden in his person) that he was carrying an illegal handgun.

So yes, a guy who broke the law by possessing a handgun further broke the law by shooting someone.

IIRC, the handgun ban actually had some unseen effects after it was passed.
The British Olympic shooting team (which include the events using handgun or at least it has in the past) was no longe able to possess their target shooting handguns. I think that they either had to get some sort of exemption OR they had to leave the country to practice/train for their event.

I found this regarding the target shooting thing:

Quote:
22]

Target pistols
Edit
Pistol shooting for sporting purposes has been effectively banned since 1997, although a temporary exemption was made for competitors to bring Section 5 firearms into the UK for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. This exemption only applied to the Games period and Home Nation pistol shooters had to train abroad prior to the Games.[23][24] Ahead of the 2012 Olympic Games, Tessa Jowell (Minister for the Olympics) and the Home Secretary agreed to use Home Office powers to issue a small number of Section 5 Permits to elite pistol shooters nominated by British Shooting.[25] With Glasgow winning the right to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games, this arrangement was continued after the 2012 Olympics, with a small number of UK ranges licensed for Section 5 shooting.[26]

A few models of single-shot .22 calibre free pistol, as used in the 50 m Olympic 'Free Pistol' match, have been produced to meet the "long-barrelled pistol" conditions. Some free pistols have removable stabiliser bars extending backwards to improve stability; the UK-legal models have been made with non-removable stabilisers to extend the dimensions, instead of contrived and non-functional grip extensions. Examples are the single-shot Pardini K22 Longarm[27] and the Westlake Britarms Long Pistol, a permitted .22 LR five-shot semi-automatic pistol.[28]

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:48 am 
First Sergeant

Turns out that our fire service are even more cucked than the police.

Lincolnshire Fire Brigade drop long running kids show character Fireman Sam from their promotional material claiming he is "inclusive"...

Quote:
A fire service says it will no longer use Fireman Sam in its promotional material because the character is outdated and not inclusive.

Lincolnshire's chief fire officer Les Britzman suggested the long-running children's TV show had stopped more women from joining the fire service and should be renamed "Firefighter Sam".

The service will instead use its own characters, fire extinguishers Freddy and Filbert, in future promotions.

Explaining the decision to ban Fireman Sam, Mr Britzman told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "The character itself is outdated, the programme itself is probably fairly up to date.

"I think the producers would probably get more fire and rescue services wanting to use the character and the programme if they brought themselves up to date a bit, that's all we're asking.

"We're trying to save people's lives here, not be politically correct.

"The reason more women don't want to be firefighters is because of images like Fireman Sam."

In England, 5.2% of firefighters are women.

According to local newspaper The Lincolnite, the fire service received negative feedback after featuring Fireman Sam on posters and advertising material.

An email seen by the newspaper - which was sent by an "authority figure" in the fire service - stated: "A decision has been made not to include images of Fireman Sam on posters or advertising going forward, as it does not reflect the inclusive nature of Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue.

"Please can you ensure when you are designing posters that Fireman Sam is not used and more inclusive images are utilised."

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue's decision was criticised by some people who insisted Fireman Sam was already "politically correct".

The series - which has been a fixture of children's TV since the 1980s - now includes disabled and ethnic minority characters, while female firefighter Penny Morris has long been part of Fireman Sam's team in the Welsh village of Pontypandy.

London Assembly member Susan Hall, deputy leader of the Conservative group, said: "Having spent hours watching Fireman Sam with my grandsons I can confirm it's the most PC programme imaginable with female firefighters doing exactly the same as Sam.

"This increasing desire to remove men from being role models is getting ridiculous."

Earlier this year, London Fire Bridge accused Fireman Sam and fellow children's TV show Peppa Pig of sexism for using the term "fireman" instead of "firefighter".

The fire service said girls "think they can't be firefighters because children's TV continues to use outdated language".

https://news.sky.com/story/fireman-sam- ... e-11806730

The London Fire Brigade are crying about it too.

Attachment:
1568200181539.png
1568200181539.png [ 57.38 KiB | Viewed 21 times ]

https://twitter.com/LondonFire/status/1 ... 4577328128

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:00 am 
First Sergeant

Who wants more Firewomen? They are shit, they can’t carry the stuff or hold the hose properly absolute farce.

Attachment:
1529084286809.jpg
1529084286809.jpg [ 399.41 KiB | Viewed 20 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:00 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18675
Anthropoid wrote:

He'll be out in half the sentence probably unless he turns out to be a troublesome bastard in jail.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18675
Mac wrote:
Who wants more Firewomen? They are shit, they can’t carry the stuff or hold the hose properly absolute farce.

The female paramedics I've had dealings with had serious problems in picking up my 20 stone ass. Basically I have to move myself and they were just nudging me along. :lol:

On the other hand I met a woman who was working in patient transport, and she was like a Tolkien dwarf. 5' tall, 5' wide, burly as all hell. (Tats and crew cut too, stereotypical lesbian look). She had no problem with one dude to help her out. Wouldn't wanna armwrestle her...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16552
I guess there is an emerging knife shortage in londinium ??

Quote:
... A man has been shot dead in north-west London.

The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was found with a gunshot wound on Malden Road in Kentish Town, and pronounced dead at the scene.

Emergency services were called just before midnight on Sunday following reports of a shooting. No arrests have been made and the man has yet to be formally identified.

It is the second fatal shooting in less than 12 hours in London ...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100