The Absolute State Of The UK Police

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

Re: The Absolute State Of The UK Police

#911 Post by EUBanana » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:21 pm

nero wrote: A good idea, round up the foot soldiers and leave capos at peace. ;)
I'd be happy if they dealt with the rapists, they can't even do that though.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

nero
Sergeant Major

#912 Post by nero » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:24 pm

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote: A good idea, round up the foot soldiers and leave capos at peace. ;)
I'd be happy if they dealt with the rapists, they can't even do that though.
I was thinking that it is only a Swedish problem. :shock:

But perhaps Assange has been in London quite many years... :roll:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#913 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 pm

jack t ripper wrote:Why don't they stop dicking around with emails and text messages of people who have committed no real world crime? Maybe then they would have enough to solve property theft an stabbings.
It's easier for the police to track down little old ladies and other law abiding citizens who post shit under their own name on social media and whose names and addresses are listed in the telephone book than it is to identify stabbers and acid throwers wearing hoodies or burkas to conceal their identities.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#914 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:02 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:Why don't they stop dicking around with emails and text messages of people who have committed no real world crime? Maybe then they would have enough to solve property theft an stabbings.
It's easier for the police to track down little old ladies and other law abiding citizens who post shit under their own name on social media and whose names and addresses are listed in the telephone book than it is to identify stabbers and acid throwers wearing hoodies or burkas to conceal their identities.
Well, that AND . . . Persons of "traditional" Island identity are not special protected classes.

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#915 Post by NefariousKoel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:54 pm

Mac wrote:
In 45.7% of offences, no suspect was identified
You can barely move a cunts hair here without being picked up by a CTV camera, but in almost half of cases they can't identify a suspect. Sounds legit.
You should be glad they've put so many policemen on Internet Wrongthink Patrol in recent years.

Just imagine how much actual crime would be successfully perpetrated otherwise! Amazing and insightful prioritization skills on display!

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#916 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:09 am

So....fewer police to rape and murder?
Is that necessarily a bad thing? ;)
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Mac
First Sergeant

#917 Post by Mac » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Tommy Robinson is found guilty of contempt of court...
Ex-English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson has been found in contempt of court for his Facebook Live broadcast of defendants in a criminal trial.

He was found guilty of interfering with the trial of a sexual grooming gang at Leeds Crown Court in May 2018.

High Court judges found his conduct "amounted to a serious interference with the administration of justice".

The court ruled that the 36-year-old, from Luton, committed contempt by breaking reporting restrictions.

Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, had denied any wrongdoing, saying he had only referred to information that was already in the public domain.

Following the verdict, he told the BBC he had been convicted "for who I am, not what I have done".

One of the senior judges, Dame Victoria Sharp, said the court will consider what penalty to impose for the contempt - which carries a maximum penalty of two years - and give full reasons for the decision at a later date.

She said he breached the reporting restriction imposed on the trial, by live-streaming the video from outside the public entrance to the court and by "aggressively confronting and filming" some of the defendants.

The judge said the content of the video "gave rise to a substantial risk that the course of justice in that case would be seriously impeded" and the confrontation of the defendants was a direct interference with the course of justice.

Contempt of court laws exist to ensure people get fair trials. The idea is that juries must not be influenced by anything but the evidence they hear in court.

The rules apply to everyone from journalists to people posting comments on social media, and even jurors.

If someone interferes with a trial, the defendants can walk free and a new trial may have to be held.

The maximum sentence for contempt of court is two years in prison, but it can also be punished with an unlimited fine.

Contempt includes publishing anything that creates a substantial risk of seriously prejudicing "active" criminal proceedings. Proceedings become "active" when a suspect is arrested.

Someone could also be in contempt by actions including taking photographs or film, recording what is said in court or talking to a jury member about a case.

Reporting restrictions had been put in place postponing the publication of any details of the 2018 case at Leeds Crown Court until the end of a series of linked trials involving 29 defendants.

Mr Robinson broadcast the footage from outside the court on 25 May 2018, while the jury in the second trial of the series was considering its verdict.

He was originally jailed for 13 months on the day of the broadcast but was released two months into his sentence after winning an appeal.

The case was then referred back to the attorney general, who announced in March that it was in the public interest to bring fresh proceedings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48887440
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#918 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:01 pm

I can understand the rationale for preventing the influencing of juries and judges but this is managed in the US with sequestration, which, although very stressful on the jury, it at least preserves the right of the public to have reporting on a trial.

In any event, it seems to an outsider that his prosecution was political.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#919 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:00 pm

He is clearly a political dissident. Doesn't mean I'm fully in agreement with him, but it isn't like he has done any ACTUAL harm. He is simply harassed by the sovereigns lackeys for the heretical views he expresses, i.e., for acting on his inherent human right to freedom of speech.

The United Kingdom is no longer a "free country."

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#920 Post by chijohnaok » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:15 am