maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: The Absolute State Of The UK Police
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
What a fucking shambles...

https://twitter.com/ASPolice/status/920585540809973761

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Absolute State Of The UK Police
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16925
:lol:

Quote:
Dino Fancellu
@DinoFancellu Replying to @ASPolice@ASPJoeIles

Well trimmed nails are essential good etiquette for any active fister.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:19 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 11289
The comments are the riot ...

:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:29 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7266
This should stop slavery dead in its tracks. Think of all the blights on humanity that would have been eradicated if only we had social media thousands of years ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2401
CatLover7 wrote:
This should stop slavery dead in its tracks. Think of all the blights on humanity that would have been eradicated if only we had social media thousands of years ago.

But there was.

:lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11823
FGM prosecutions = 0.

"Burglaries will no longer be investigated, we don't have the resources."

Hate crime prosecutions, 14,480 2016/2017. Apparently they do have the resources after all, when they give a fuck.

Plod aren't really police in the Anglo sense any more. They are more like the old continental police forces now; enforcing political conformity and submission to the state, rather than enforcing crime in a neutral fashion. Peels principles died under Blair, the corpse of them has been rotting ever since.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Meanwhile in London....

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/10 ... -per-cent/

Quote:
Met Say Charging Shoplifters, Vandals ‘Not Practical’ as Arrests for ‘Offensive’ Comments Rise 53 Per Cent

by JACK MONTGOMERY
17 Oct 2017

London’s Metropolitan Police Force has said it will give up on investigating many instances of “low-level” crime such as shoplifting and vandalism, saying it is “not practical” to fight them in a time of cutbacks.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Mark Simmons claimed that giving up on investigating many offences was necessary so police constables’ efforts could be “focused on serious crime and cases where there is a realistic chance that we will be able to solve it.”

The move has raised eyebrows among members of the public, considering recent reports that the Met detained 867 out of the 3,395 people known to have been arrested for “offensive” online comments under the Malicious Communications Act in 2016 — an increase of 53 per cent for the force area since 2014.

Around half of these investigations ended up having to be dropped across the UK, which critics have taken as indicating police are being overzealous in their attempts to take on so-called trolls.

Jack Montgomery ن ✔@JackBMontgomery
What Free Speech? British Police Arrest At Least 3,395 People for ‘Offensive’ Online Comments in One Year http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/10 ... -one-year/
7:16 AM - Oct 14, 2017

This process of paring back investigations has, in fact, been going on for years. Sir Peter Fahy, then Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, admitted that his force did not “actively pursue” six out of every ten crime reports as far back as 2013.

As long ago as 2007-2008 police in Nofolk were ‘screening out’ 23,124 of 55,686 reported crimes — 41.69 per cent — including 57 per cent of theft from motor vehicles and 55 per cent of non-dwelling burglaries.

Crimes would be ‘screened out’ by the call centre staff members of the public initially spoke to, if they did not feel the reports met certain ‘solvability criteria’ — CCTV footage, good forensic footage, etc.

The effective tolerance of so-called low-level crime by the National Police Chiefs Council in the UK contrasts sharply with the attitude of the more effective police forces in the U.S., which have adopted the ‘broken windows’ model which emphasises robust action against seemingly minor crimes which ultimately lead to increased general disorder.

Breitbart London @BreitbartLondon
As police numbers crash to a 30-year low, Britain experiences its sharpest increase in recorded crime for a decade. http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/07 ... -10-years/
4:00 PM - Jul 20, 2017

Official statistics on crime in Britain are a mixed bag, with crimes recorded by police having seen their largest annual surge in a decade in the twelve months to 2016, with a particularly sharp rise in violent crime.

Crime Survey responses have been used to make the contrasting claim that it is in fact down by 69 per cent since 1995 —
but the Police Federation has complained that the Crime Survey gives a “false picture” of the situation which is “highly miselading to the public”.

Follow Jack Montgomery on Twitter: @JackBMontgomery
Follow Breitbart London on Facebook: Breitbart London

I guess that the British police feel that "offensive" comments constitute "serious crime". :roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:57 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
EUBanana wrote:
FGM prosecutions = 0.

"Burglaries will no longer be investigated, we don't have the resources."

Hate crime prosecutions, 14,480 2016/2017. Apparently they do have the resources after all, when they give a fuck.

Plod aren't really police in the Anglo sense any more. They are more like the old continental police forces now; enforcing political conformity and submission to the state, rather than enforcing crime in a neutral fashion. Peels principles died under Blair, the corpse of them has been rotting ever since.

When the cops turn to thought crime enforcement, and abandon criminal enforcement, I expect the place will turn into a free-for-all at some point.

Too bad your guns are so heavily government restricted. You may need some before long.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16925
"Vandalsim and Shoplifitng will no longer be prosecuted so we can keep the mayor happy by prosecuting nativists and islamophobes for on-line comments about the Prophet....Carry On! Stay Calm"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14573
Somebody hacked the police's twitter account obviously. No way this is true. Funny though :)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next