maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Absolute State Of The UK Police
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:20 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:50 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728

What's to say?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:02 pm 
Hair in the soap

abradley wrote:

What's to say?

Heh

I posted that vid 2 pages back, old timer. :P

viewtopic.php?p=330785#p330785

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:37 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728
NefariousKoel wrote:
abradley wrote:

What's to say?

Heh

I posted that vid 2 pages back, old timer. :P

viewtopic.php?p=330785#p330785
Great, now it's been posted 4 time considering you 've posted it twice and my two.

Normally when somebody reposts one of my vids I ignore it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
Must be a great vid?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:20 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
Nice to see not all reason has been abandoned in our law system. Special snowflake who wants a "gender neutral" option on passports gets told to do one by the High Court...

Quote:
A campaigner has lost a High Court challenge calling on the government to provide gender-neutral passports.

Christie Elan-Cane wants passports to have an "X" category, which could be used by those who consider themselves neither fully male nor female.

The campaigner claimed the UK's passport process was "inherently discriminatory".

High Court judge Mr Justice Jeremy Baker refused to rule the government policy as unlawful.

Currently, all UK passport holders have to specify whether they are male or female.

Speaking after the ruling, Christie Elan-Cane, who has fought on the issue since 1995, said they were "bitterly disappointed" and that non-gendered people are "socially invisible" and being "denied civil rights".

"I was not seeking special treatment. I was seeking to be treated as a human being."

Christie Elan-Cane previously said it is a "basic human right to have your identity".

The campaigner told the Women and Equalities Committee that being non-gendered was "not a lifestyle choice" and "incredibly frustrating".

In the High Court hearing in April, Christie Elan-Cane's lawyer, Kate Gallafent, claimed the policy breaches two articles of the European Convention on Human Rights: the right to respect for private life and the right not to be discriminated against on the basis of gender or sex.

But the Home Office made submissions to the court that the case should be dismissed.

James Eadie, acting for the home secretary, said the policy maintains an "administratively coherent system for the recognition of gender" and ensures security at national borders.

The "X" stands for unspecified for people who do not identify as male or female.

Last year, Canada became the latest country to offer citizens gender-neutral travel documents.

Australia, Denmark, Germany, Malta, New Zealand, Pakistan, India and Nepal already have a third category.

The International Civil Aviation Organisation - the UN agency in charge of air travel - also recognises the "X" option.

And, in what could be the first case in the world, in 2017 a Canadian baby was issued a health card without a gender marker.

In his comments, the judge stressed his conclusion was reached on current evidence, adding: "It will be necessary for the government to consider to what extent if any, in an age of increasing social and legal awareness and acceptance of the importance of issues relating to diversity and equality, the recording of an individual's sex and/or gender in official and other documentation is justified."

LGBT charity Stonewall said the decision was "disappointing", saying that "many trans people are afraid to travel abroad for fear of intrusive questioning or difficulties at passport control".

"Non-binary people are also not recognised under law, and it's unclear whether they are protected by anti-discrimination legislation," said Laura Russell, Stonewall's head of policy.

MP Maria Miller, chair of the women and equalities committee, has previously said a person's gender was "not relevant" on passports and driving licences and does not assist with identification.

The High Court ruling comes as the UK government prepares to launch a consultation on the Gender Recognition Act 2004, to consider plans to make the process of changing legal gender easier.

Currently, to change gender people must have lived for two years in their preferred gender and must be diagnosed with gender dysphoria, a condition where a person's biological sex and identity do not match.

They can then apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate.

People can change their gender on documentation including passports and driving licences - but there is no option to identify as non-binary.

Christie Alan-Cane said they cannot comment on whether they will lodge an appeal to the High Court decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44575229

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 am 
Hair in the soap

The Right Honorable Lord Dankula discussing the elephant in the British room..

I don't think he has a license for that. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15175
Here's the pro-Brexit march that the BBC completely ignored, while the anti-Brexit one was headline news across the MSM...

Was trying to find some footage of it for a while but ... surprisingly difficult. Down the memory hole it went.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:23 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
"Non-binary people" ...

OMG ... NBPs are already discriminating ... against themselves ... send all of them to the moon and either they would become binary or they would die out at the end of the current generation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:14 pm 
Hair in the soap

EUBanana wrote:
Here's the pro-Brexit march that the BBC completely ignored, while the anti-Brexit one was headline news across the MSM...

Was trying to find some footage of it for a while but ... surprisingly difficult. Down the memory hole it went.

The British media is shockingly effective at making news disappear.

I can only surmise that your totalitarian leadership has some backroom news blackouts being secretly ordered, too. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 54  Next