Open all night
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: State of Emergency in Florida
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
NefariousKoel wrote:

The only reason anyone knows about this tiny group of white Identitarians is because of the old media Democrats desperately needing a boogie man.

They plaster them across the news as if it's some kind of common widespread threat. Which it is not, but they need that boogeyman as a scare tactic as an excuse to implement their oppressive agendas aimed at curtailing constitutional rights.

The white nationalists and their ilk are the same kind of identity-focused morons the left widely produces in this country, albeit much smaller in quantity and violence. Just like the radical leftists, the best way to make them look like idiots is to let them speak and show it to be true.

P.S.: I wonder if Slaak has been participating in that Spencer-type bullshit. It was exactly the nonsense he constantly spouted for years. He must be nearing Grand Wizard rank by now.

I have no idea whether Slaak has been doing that of late.

I used to occasionally get PM's from him at the Civfanatics.com website. He tried to get me to post some of his stuff here. :lol:

I stopped reading/responding to his PMs. He also got himself a warning there (not long after he registered there). I have not been over there for a long time so have no idea whether he is still on that site or might have gotten himself banned along the way.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:20 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14050
chijohnaok wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

The only reason anyone knows about this tiny group of white Identitarians is because of the old media Democrats desperately needing a boogie man.

They plaster them across the news as if it's some kind of common widespread threat. Which it is not, but they need that boogeyman as a scare tactic as an excuse to implement their oppressive agendas aimed at curtailing constitutional rights.

The white nationalists and their ilk are the same kind of identity-focused morons the left widely produces in this country, albeit much smaller in quantity and violence. Just like the radical leftists, the best way to make them look like idiots is to let them speak and show it to be true.

P.S.: I wonder if Slaak has been participating in that Spencer-type bullshit. It was exactly the nonsense he constantly spouted for years. He must be nearing Grand Wizard rank by now.

I have no idea whether Slaak has been doing that of late.

I used to occasionally get PM's from him at the Civfanatics.com website. He tried to get me to post some of his stuff here. :lol:

I stopped reading/responding to his PMs. He also got himself a warning there (not long after he registered there). I have not been over there for a long time so have no idea whether he is still on that site or might have gotten himself banned along the way.

He's been banned from numerous forums.

I've been seeing posters, elsewhere, refer to nutjob conspiracy theory and anti-semitic posting as "Slaak-isms".

People who have never been to this board use his handle as a byword. He's shit posted so much of his trash over the years, and been banned across numerous internet forums for it, that he's well known by the old hands across internet wargaming forums.

I only brought up Slaak because his bullshit conspiracies are exactly what Richard Spencer and KKK types spout. I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the middle of that group.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14323
SLAAKMAN and pamak can't defend imselfs here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:20 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12340
Armed Aryan brotherhood militia turn out to be State Troopers...

Quote:
The small city of Gainesville is on edge the morning that infamous white nationalist Richard Spencer is set to speak at the University of Florida.

His appearance has drawn conflict, protests and media stories from the start when UF initially tried to deny him the speaking space but balked under threat of legal action. As hundreds of cops and protesters descend onto Florida’s largest university’s campus on Thursday, here’s the latest:

11:15 a.m.: For anyone heading to see Spencer speak Thursday afternoon, here’s a handy dandy list of what not to bring. Remember to leave those propane grills, wagons, bats, clubs and sticks at home.

9: a.m.: A professor in UF’s geography department emailed his students Wednesday afternoon to be careful with Spencer in town. It was picked up by the department and sent out on a student email listserv just after 4 p.m.

“FYI,” the professor wrote, “I just walked into Turlington 10 minutes ago, and there were armed Aryan Brotherhood militia circling the building. It feels like they are testing how much they can get away with, openly carrying weapons.”

The screenshot quickly spread to social media and students panicked. It took some time before students started to connect the dots. The professor was referencing a crowd of armed men in khaki long-sleeved shirts and black boots. But a closer look at their shirts identified them as Florida troopers, some of the hundred patrolling campus by Wednesday afternoon.

Alachua County opened a rumor control hotline at 311 to address this and other rumors, including a debunked claim of a noose found on a tree on campus. There are so many rumors flying that police have said they will not address them individually.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/e ... 80501.html

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Armed Aryan brotherhood militia turn out to be State Troopers...

Quote:
The small city of Gainesville is on edge the morning that infamous white nationalist Richard Spencer is set to speak at the University of Florida.

His appearance has drawn conflict, protests and media stories from the start when UF initially tried to deny him the speaking space but balked under threat of legal action. As hundreds of cops and protesters descend onto Florida’s largest university’s campus on Thursday, here’s the latest:

11:15 a.m.: For anyone heading to see Spencer speak Thursday afternoon, here’s a handy dandy list of what not to bring. Remember to leave those propane grills, wagons, bats, clubs and sticks at home.

9: a.m.: A professor in UF’s geography department emailed his students Wednesday afternoon to be careful with Spencer in town. It was picked up by the department and sent out on a student email listserv just after 4 p.m.

[b]“FYI,” the professor wrote, “I just walked into Turlington 10 minutes ago, and there were armed Aryan Brotherhood militia circling the building. It feels like they are testing how much they can get away with, openly carrying weapons.”

The screenshot quickly spread to social media and students panicked. It took some time before students started to connect the dots. The professor was referencing a crowd of armed men in khaki long-sleeved shirts and black boots. But a closer look at their shirts identified them as Florida troopers, some of the hundred patrolling campus by Wednesday afternoon.[/b]

Alachua County opened a rumor control hotline at 311 to address this and other rumors, including a debunked claim of a noose found on a tree on campus. There are so many rumors flying that police have said they will not address them individually.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/e ... 80501.html

My bold emphasis above.

FFS....what a clueless egghead.

They should identify who this "professor" is as there are likely students (and parents) that would NOT want to waste their time signing up for his/her classes.

I believe this is the current long sleeve uniform for the Florida State Highway Patrol (state troopers):

Aryan Brotherhood:

Right, I can totally see how you might confuse the two.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Tim Pool is there livestreaming from outside:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 pm 
Hair in the soap

C_S wrote:
SLAAKMAN and pamak can't defend imselfs here.

Don't give a fuck.

They're two sides of the same nutter coin. I already gave them more than enough attention, in their day.

They're extreme ideologue write-offs. One spouts the same shit you hear from KKK members. The other spouts shit in-line with Antifa. Not worth any more time. Fuck 'em.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:23 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10352
Seems better to declare a state of emergency preemptively. Pretty much puts the kabosh on any attempts to spin the Gov as being an "apologist" or failing to properly prepare.

Let the nut jobbers have their rights, but also prepare for the actual risks, including the PR risks. Seems sensible to me, as long as "being in a state of emergency" isn't preposterously expensive, which I doubt it is.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:18 pm 
Hair in the soap

.. and it turns out to be a big Nothingburger©, as expected.

Looks like there was more media employees there, trying to make drama, than actual protestors. Definitely more of either compared to the very few Spencer Identitarians in the hall.

Media sensationalism. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16056
"Nevah before have so many covered so few with so little."

Chruchill

Profile E-mail