maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Macho, macho man...I wanna be your macho man....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
At the urging of Valerie Jarrett, President Barack Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden on three separate occasions before finally approving the May 2, 2011 Navy SEAL mission, according to an explosive new book scheduled for release August 21. The Daily Caller has seen a portion of the chapter in which the stunning revelation appears.

In ”Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him,“ Richard Miniter writes that Obama canceled the “kill” mission in January 2011, again in February, and a third time in March. Obama’s close adviser Valerie Jarrett persuaded him to hold off each time, according to the book.

Miniter, a two-time New York Times best-selling author, cites an unnamed source with Joint Special Operations Command who had direct knowledge of the operation and its planning.

Obama administration officials also said after the raid that the president had delayed giving the order to kill the arch-terrorist the day before the operation was carried out, in what turned out to be his fourth moment of indecision. At the time, the White House blamed the delay on unfavorable weather conditions near bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

But when Miniter obtained that day’s weather reports from the U.S. Air Force Combat Meteorological Center, he said, they showed ideal conditions for the SEALs to carry out their orders.

“President Obama’s greatest success was actually his greatest failure,” Miniter told The Daily Caller Friday. ”Leading From Behind,“ he said, traces the arc of six key Obama administration decisions, and shows how the president made them — and, often, failed to make them.

Another chapter, he told TheDC, concerns the push to pass the Affordable Care Act. The president, Miniter said, was less interested than then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in passing his own signature legislative achievement.

Osama bin Laden steered the global operations of the al-Qaida terror network until his death last year at the hands of the U.S. Navy’s SEAL Team Six. The president and his surrogates have made the terrorist leader’s death a focal point in Obama’s re-election campaign, painting Obama as a decisive leader who took down America’s greatest mortal enemy.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/29/obama ... z229KMqU38

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Macho, macho man...I wanna be your macho man....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
At the urging of Valerie Jarrett, President Barack Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden on three separate occasions before finally approving the May 2, 2011 Navy SEAL mission, according to an explosive new book scheduled for release August 21. The Daily Caller has seen a portion of the chapter in which the stunning revelation appears.

In ”Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him,“ Richard Miniter writes that Obama canceled the “kill” mission in January 2011, again in February, and a third time in March. Obama’s close adviser Valerie Jarrett persuaded him to hold off each time, according to the book.

Miniter, a two-time New York Times best-selling author, cites an unnamed source with Joint Special Operations Command who had direct knowledge of the operation and its planning.

Obama administration officials also said after the raid that the president had delayed giving the order to kill the arch-terrorist the day before the operation was carried out, in what turned out to be his fourth moment of indecision. At the time, the White House blamed the delay on unfavorable weather conditions near bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

But when Miniter obtained that day’s weather reports from the U.S. Air Force Combat Meteorological Center, he said, they showed ideal conditions for the SEALs to carry out their orders.

“President Obama’s greatest success was actually his greatest failure,” Miniter told The Daily Caller Friday. ”Leading From Behind,“ he said, traces the arc of six key Obama administration decisions, and shows how the president made them — and, often, failed to make them.

Another chapter, he told TheDC, concerns the push to pass the Affordable Care Act. The president, Miniter said, was less interested than then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in passing his own signature legislative achievement.

Osama bin Laden steered the global operations of the al-Qaida terror network until his death last year at the hands of the U.S. Navy’s SEAL Team Six. The president and his surrogates have made the terrorist leader’s death a focal point in Obama’s re-election campaign, painting Obama as a decisive leader who took down America’s greatest mortal enemy.

Wow, if this were to gain any sort of traction between now and the election it could be the death knell of his candidacy...

Not that anyone would ever ask him about it (say in a debate---without TOTUS).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:01 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18927
I'm so glad runaway Bush Derangement Syndrome got this no-talent hack elected. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 6762
NefariousKoel wrote:
I'm so glad runaway Bush Derangement Syndrome got this no-talent hack elected. :roll:

And Obama Derangement Syndrome will get another no-talent hack elected.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

As CS would say...."BUWAHAHAHA"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:

The article is awful short on information. Why did Obama delay the orders to kill Osama 3 times? What was the reasoning behind it? What were the operational details? What were the details on the ground? What was the reliability of the intelligence? What were the probabilities of success? What was the window of opportunity? What were the possible military, diplomatic and political fall out of the mission going wrong? You want to talk about gotcha politics here you go. By the way this is what Abbodabad looked on April 29th, the day it was advice that the mission get posponed a day:

Quote:
http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/photos/2012/05/01/media_414b3dd7f1514ba98af4781bd4e4b883_t607.jpg

Yeah clears skies. Miniter has written 6 books on the war on terror. One blaming Clinton for 9/11 because he didn't kill OBL when he had a chance, four praising the job of GWB even though he missed getting OBL, and one blasting Obama for waiting to long to get OBL :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
As CS would say...."BUWAHAHAHA"

You don't think so? What is Willard running on other than I'm not Obama?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:

Even if that were completely true are you really here to claim that voters who voted for Obama the first time, adn now have realized their foolishness, have suddenly been struck with ODS?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Quote:

Even if that were completely true are you really here to claim that voters who voted for Obama the first time, adn now have realized their foolishness, have suddenly been struck with ODS?

I sure have just like they were struck with BDS. If it happened one way why can't it happen the other way? Mass hysteria is mass hysteria. There are no vaccines, immunities, or anti-bodies against it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:37 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 9621
knuckles_95 wrote:
The article is awful short on information. Why did Obama delay the orders to kill Osama 3 times? What was the reasoning behind it? What were the operational details? What were the details on the ground? What was the reliability of the intelligence? What were the probabilities of success? What was the window of opportunity? What were the possible military, diplomatic and political fall out of the mission going wrong? You want to talk about gotcha politics here you go. By the way this is what Abbodabad looked on April 29th, the day it was advice that the mission get posponed a day:

If Valerie Jarret was the one feeding him such information then we've got even bigger problems.

She's a purely political adviser. So we've got all the information we actually need to pass political judgement - assuming it's true that it was at her prodding he delayed multiple times.

Profile E-mail