maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: O Canada
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Does the KSA treat women like crap? Of course they do. They are just followink ze instructipn manual that is the Quran and the Hadiths. They treat kuffir contract workers like fucking slaves. When American female physicians, nurses, officers, etc. deployed to KSA to save their fucking, useless, hairy asses, they were confined to base or forced to wear mini-burkas. Don't even MENTION treatment of homosexuals in KSA. Notice, however, that nobody in the Canadian government would EVER dare to criticize islam itself. Nobody in Canada would EVER criticize KSA for funding THOUSANDS of Wahabbi madrassas all around the world

The stupidity of the whole thing is they finally now have a King who is trying to liberalize KSA. The guy is trying to dislodge THOUSANDS of Wahabbists from positions of influence. I am sure it's like herding cats who can issue fatwas.

So criticizing the arrest of one bitty is self-defeating. THIS is the kind of guy you want to reform islam from within. Is the pace slow? Sure. Can westerners criticize him publicly without harming his influence with his own reactionary forces? Hell no!

10,000 Saudi students were ordered to NOT go back to school in Canada...figure $50K per year room and board (at least)....that is $500 million dollar a year hit to Canadian universities. Nice going, dumbass.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Does the KSA treat women like crap? Of course they do. They are just followink ze instructipn manual that is the Quran and the Hadiths. They treat kuffir contract workers like fucking slaves. When American female physicians, nurses, officers, etc. deployed to KSA to save their fucking, useless, hairy asses, they were confined to base or forced to wear mini-burkas. Don't even MENTION treatment of homosexuals in KSA. Notice, however, that nobody in the Canadian government would EVER dare to criticize islam itself. Nobody in Canada would EVER criticize KSA for funding THOUSANDS of Wahabbi madrassas all around the world

The stupidity of the whole thing is they finally now have a King who is trying to liberalize KSA. The guy is trying to dislodge THOUSANDS of Wahabbists from positions of influence. I am sure it's like herding cats who can issue fatwas.

So criticizing the arrest of one bitty is self-defeating. THIS is the kind of guy you want to reform islam from within. Is the pace slow? Sure. Can westerners criticize him publicly without harming his influence with his own reactionary forces? Hell no!

10,000 Saudi students were ordered to NOT go back to school in Canada...figure $50K per year room and board (at least)....that is $500 million dollar a year hit to Canadian universities. Nice going, dumbass.

Quote:
10,000 Saudi students were ordered to NOT go back to school in Canada...figure $50K per year room and board (at least)....that is $500 million dollar a year hit to Canadian universities.

Ripper---that is a GOOD thing.
It means that Canada will have 10,000 empty university dorm rooms that they can use to house all those refugees from the US that PM Trudeau welcomed into the country. ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Good point! 10,000 Somalis and Eritreans walking across Canadian border in the middle of January! Huzzah!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:54 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657
Canada is looking to allies to help cool Saudi dispute, the USA says no...

Quote:
Canada plans to seek help from the United Arab Emirates and Britain to defuse an escalating dispute with Saudi Arabia, sources said on Tuesday, but close ally the United States made clear it would not get involved.

The Saudi government on Sunday recalled its ambassador to Ottawa, barred Canada’s envoy from returning and placed a ban on new trade, denouncing Canada for urging the release of jailed rights activists. Riyadh accused Ottawa on Tuesday of interfering in its internal affairs.

One well placed source said the Liberal government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau - which stresses the importance of human rights - planned to reach out to the United Arab Emirates.

“The key is to work with allies and friends in the region to cool things down, which can happen quickly,” said the source, who declined to be identified because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Another source said Canada would also seek help from Britain. The British government on Tuesday urged the two nations to show restraint.

The United States, traditionally one of Canada’s most important friends, stayed on the sidelines. U.S. President Donald Trump - who criticized Trudeau after a Group of Seven summit in June - has forged tighter ties with Riyadh.

“Both sides need to diplomatically resolve this together. We can’t do it for them; they need to resolve it together,” U.S. State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told a briefing.

The first Canadian source said Ottawa shared the view of foreign policy experts who believe the Saudi reaction reflected internal strains inside the kingdom, where 32-year-old Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is trying to push through domestic reforms.

The office of Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland did not respond to requests for comment.

The dispute looks set to damage what is a modest bilateral trade relationship worth nearly $4 billion a year. Canadian exports to Saudi Arabia totaled about $1.12 billion in 2017, or 0.2 percent of the total value of Canadian exports.

Canada says it does not know what will happen to a $13 billion defense contract to sell Canadian-made General Dynamics Corp armored vehicles to Saudi Arabia.

European traders said the main Saudi wheat-buying agency had told grains exporters it will no longer accept Canadian-origin wheat and barley.

Saudi Arabia has also ordered roughly 15,000 Saudis studying in Canada to leave.

Canada’s previous Conservative government, which lost power to the Liberals in 2015, also had challenges with Riyadh over human rights.

Thomas Juneau, an assistant professor and Middle East expert at the University of Ottawa, said Saudi irritation at the way the General Dynamics contract was handled also helped explain Riyadh’s response.

The deal was agreed in 2014 by the Conservatives, who shared the Saudi desire for deeper relations, he said. But the task of approving the export permits fell to the Liberals, who were lobbied by human rights activists to say no.

The Liberals granted the permits but showed little interest in deepening ties with Riyadh amid growing civil society and media attacks on the agreement, Juneau added.

“That for Saudi Arabia was the source of growing frustration,” he said in a phone interview. “(The ambassador) was very clear in saying he was irritated by what he saw as passivity by the Canadian government, which in his view was not resisting that criticism.”

The first Canadian source said Ottawa had no regrets about speaking out on human rights in Saudi Arabia. Canada’s ambassador, Dennis Horak, is not in Riyadh. The source said Saudi authorities were aware Horak was due to start a new posting next month.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saud ... SKBN1KS23G

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:05 am 
Sergeant Major

I see. So now the virtue signaling Canadian PM Trudeau wants help from the US.

Why doesn’t he just post a tweet of himself wearing a Lawrence of Arabia costume or something?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657
chijohnaok wrote:

Why doesn’t he just post a tweet of himself wearing a Lawrence of Arabia costume or something?

Close enough...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Close enough...

Holy SHITE......I never actually expected that. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:12 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
jack t ripper wrote:

Good points, and in general I agree. But what we have here is a special incident. If the Canadians were butting IN to KSA business I would not be leaning in support of TrueDope. But the fact is (and this is my understanding based on a superficial read of what has been said so far): some Canadians did something that pissed off KSA in KSA, and they were arrested. Canada disagrees with the laws that the KSA says make these legitimate arrests. I'm guessing these laws have something to do with heresy or obscenity or something like that as defined by Quran. In sum, it seems that this is substantively an act of "criticism" of Islam, it is just doing it with respect to the specific application of Islam in one instance. Until Islam is virtually indistinguishable from the Hutterites or maybe even just Catholicism in terms of its views on violence, apostasy, tolerance, prosletyzation, etc., Islam must be opposed/criticized/resisted/reversed, etc.

Thus, I side with TrueDope.

He is a gigantic tool, tis true. But I'd much rather see the Canucks actually acting to oppose any form of Islamic oppression than not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Wait, a Canadian citizen was arrested in KSA? That does change things a bit.

If so, the best thing would have first been a private appeal

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
Suprising lack of links being provided to detail this story . . . but what I gathered from a previous post was: there were some Canadian "activists" who were arrested in KSA are going to be criminally charged according to KSA laws--which might mean they are sentenced to be stoned to death, I dunno.

Not clear who they are, where they were, or what they were doing. But yeah, there appear to be Canadian nationals being detained by KSA.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1352106/saudi-arabia
Quote:
It began when a Canadian government department issued a statement demanding the immediate release of all activists detained in Saudi Arabia; Riyadh responded by expelling the Canadian ambassador and recalling its own envoy for consultation.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next