maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: O Canada
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Anthropoid wrote:
Suprising lack of links being provided to detail this story . . . but what I gathered from a previous post was: there were some Canadian "activists" who were arrested in KSA are going to be criminally charged according to KSA laws--which might mean they are sentenced to be stoned to death, I dunno.

Not clear who they are, where they were, or what they were doing. But yeah, there appear to be Canadian nationals being detained by KSA.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1352106/saudi-arabia
Quote:
It began when a Canadian government department issued a statement demanding the immediate release of all activists detained in Saudi Arabia; Riyadh responded by expelling the Canadian ambassador and recalling its own envoy for consultation.

Seems its no Canadians being detained. A Saudi woman and her brother who have a long history of resistance to female oppression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada%E2 ... ic_dispute

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
Suprising lack of links being provided to detail this story . . . but what I gathered from a previous post was: there were some Canadian "activists" who were arrested in KSA are going to be criminally charged according to KSA laws--which might mean they are sentenced to be stoned to death, I dunno.

Not clear who they are, where they were, or what they were doing. But yeah, there appear to be Canadian nationals being detained by KSA.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1352106/saudi-arabia

Seems its no Canadians being detained. A Saudi woman and her brother who have a long history of resistance to female oppression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada%E2 ... ic_dispute

Well, I guess it does sound like Canada was poking its nose into KSA's internal affairs.

Now Canada of course has every right to advocate on behalf of this cause, or that cause.
Lord knows that the United States has done its share of it during its history.

That said, if Canada decides to put its big boy pants on and start criticizing people, they had best be prepared for the blowback.

Are there other/better ways that Canada might have gone about this?
---quiet diplomatic discussion behind the scenes?
---a politely worded letter sent to the KSA sub-ministry for overseas student affair or women's wardrobe affairs or something like that?

As for the US telling Canada that they were on their own in this matter?
Seeing as no Canadian citizens being held hostage, were at risk, I don't see an issue with the US keeping out of this.

Maybe the larping PM will take this as a learning experience and ask his foreign ministry to tread a little more carefully in the future?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:19 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
WTF is wrong with you?

You are criticizing Kanada, supposedly you ally. :roll:

For expression disgust the human rights in SA. Everyone should do that.

But then:

Oil and gold matter more. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am 
Sergeant Major

Don't be an idiot, Nemo.

The US is now a net oil exporter. Nobody physically attacked Canada. It's Europe, India, China and Japan consuming most Saudi oil now. What happened here is the Canadian Foreign Minister went all SJW/InternationalMeToo and criticized KSA. The new King is trying to change things but he dealing with the Wahhabists and half his own Royal Family who diligently read the instructions on when to beat your wife.

THIS is what Islamic reform from within looks like. Sure, it's glacial, but a glacier melts from the top first. When foreigners criticize KSA the King has to crack down to save face with his hardliners. Short of killing all muslims (a solution, perhaps, but not really practical and there are certain moral difficulties), this is what has to happen to bring the 1.5 billion crazy mofos into the 21st Century.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:02 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Don't be an idiot, Nemo.

The US is now a net oil exporter. Nobody physically attacked Canada. It's Europe, India, China and Japan consuming most Saudi oil now. What happened here is the Canadian Foreign Minister went all SJW/InternationalMeToo and criticized KSA. The new King is trying to change things but he dealing with the Wahhabists and half his own Royal Family who diligently read the instructions on when to beat your wife.

THIS is what Islamic reform from within looks like. Sure, it's glacial, but a glacier melts from the top first. When foreigners criticize KSA the King has to crack down to save face with his hardliners. Short of killing all muslims (a solution, perhaps, but not really practical and there are certain moral difficulties), this is what has to happen to bring the 1.5 billion crazy mofos into the 21st Century.

Saudi-led coalition bombs packed market, killing 29 children on a school bus.

Some reform.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 12978
Quote:
At least 4 people dead in shooting, Canadian police say
Kathleen Joyce
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

The Fredericton Police Department said at least four people were killed in a shooting on Aug. 10.

The Fredericton Police Department said at least four people were killed in a shooting on Aug. 10. (Reuters)

One suspect was in custody after at least four people were shot and killed Friday in the Canadian city of Fredericton, New Brunswick, police said.
(Continued)
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/10 ... e-say.html
:(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
Don't be an idiot, Nemo.

Saudi-led coalition bombs packed market, killing 29 children on a school bus.

Some reform.

Isn't that a different matter? Why, yes, it is completely unrelated.

Here is how long Nemo would last after he was captured by the Houthi rebels while visiting beautiful Yemen protesting the Saudi attacks...….5 seconds after they realized nobody in Finland would pay $5 in ransom to get him back. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
nero wrote:

Isn't that a different matter? Why, yes, it is completely unrelated.

Here is how long Nemo would last after he was captured by the Houthi rebels while visiting beautiful Yemen protesting the Saudi attacks...….5 seconds after they realized nobody in Finland would pay $5 in ransom to get him back. :lol:

You have the tradition:

Go Canada go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

An update from Yahoo News on the Canada.KSA scrum:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-asks- ... 48008.html

Quote:
Ottawa (AFP) - Canada is quietly nudging allies including Germany and Sweden for help with resolving its row with Saudi Arabia, a government source confirmed Thursday.

Continued at above link

I recommend that you read the linked article AND read through some of the reader comments after the article.
The comments are pretty brutal. :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Yes, Nimrod, we are all aware that the U.S. has maintained incongruously friendly relationships with Saudi Arabia since the 1950s. If your incessant prattle is intended to have some shock value I suspect the only shock may be when we as a collective finally get sick of your childish, repetitive, nonsense and petition the admin to block your IP address. It would be edifying to have an actual conversation with an intelligent thoughtful Finnish elder about this historical matter, but sadly, Kamel is still fairly young.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next