maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lead Obama and Clinton fundraiser is a serial perv
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
The first trial was a mistrial. The second trial the judge permitted testimony from other women with similar stories AND the written transcript of a civil suit in which he admitted drugging women (though not for the purpose of sex)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:03 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 13228
Have to confess I didn't pay attention to the Cosby trial, everything I thought I knew was from headlines, if what's been posted here is true he may have been railroaded.

If he didn't use drugs or physical force then what was he convicted of; using good looks and position to get gals?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

The admission of "prejudicial testimony" is likely how Cosby's lawyers will appeal.

Of course, there is not much doubt in my mind that he was a serial predator. In some ways he was worse than Weinstein.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16461
I like seeing evil motherfuckers taken down, and I think we all agree: seems like he probably WAS an evil motherfucker.

Still, I like seeing it done BY THE BOOK, meaning the case used to bring them down is textbook PERFECTION and leaves no question whatsoever that emotional, or identity or cultural or other biasing factors are shaping outcomes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... ore-women/

Quote:
Director Luc Besson Accused of Sexual Misconduct By Five More Women

29 Nov 2018

Celebrated French director Luc Besson is being accused by five additional women of various forms of sexual misconduct. This brings his total number of accusers to nine.
The far-left Hollywood Reporter reports that “The claims are the latest following a rape complaint filed by Belgian-Dutch actress Sand Van Roy in May and accusations that he assaulted a casting director in the 2000s and sexually harassed an employee.”

Besson denied the rape charge. Paris police are still investigating the allegations.

These new accusations involve an anonymous woman who says Besson “blackmailed” her into having sex with him.

Two former students of Besson’s film school are alleging sexual harassment.

A theater producer is accusing Luc Besson of grabbing her during a hotel casting session in 1995.

The French publication Mediapart first reported on this latest round of allegations. According to the Hollywood Reporter, “Mediapart reported that Besson often asked for meetings in hotel rooms and said it had obtained a video of a hotel room casting of a 16-year-old girl in 2003.”

Mediapart compares Besson’s use of hotel rooms, for alleged predatory purposes, to that of disgraced Hollywood movie producer Harvey Weinstein’s.

Besson is best known for directing La Femme Nikita (1990), The Fifth Element (1997), and Lucy (2014). He is also a prolific writer and producer behind such genre films as the Taken trilogy, Colombiana, and Leon: The Professional.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC. Follow his Facebook Page here.

I guess Frenchmen can be pervs too...

I can't say that I had ever heard of this Luc Besson before.

The only "Luc" that I had ever heard of before was the bald starship captain. :P

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Neil deGrasse Tyson has been #MeToo'd.....

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredc ... b1l72ia0IY

Quote:
“Tyson was there, and he was dancing and drinking and all of that at the party, so a friend and I decided to get pictures with him,” she told me.

“After we had taken the picture, he noticed my tattoo and kind of grabbed me to look at it, and was really obsessed about whether I had Pluto on this tattoo or not… and then he looked for Pluto, and followed the tattoo into my dress.”

She wasn't the only one making accusations.

Click the link above for more details.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:56 am 
Sergeant Major

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

There are #MeToo'ers in Norway:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... m-seekers/

Quote:
Former Norwegian Government Minister Charged with Sexual Abuse of Asylum Seekers

28 Nov 2018

A former Norwegian cabinet minister and regional governor has been charged with sexual abuse and stands accused of abusing three “young” migrants, whom he is alleged to have led to believe he had control over their asylum status.

Svein Ludvigsen, 72, former fisheries and parliamentary affairs minister who also served as governor of the county of Troms between 2006 and 2014, has been charged with the sexual assault of three individuals described by bestselling Norwegian daily VG as “single, young asylum seekers.” A report in Norway’s Aftenposten describes the complainants as “young men.”

Norway’s Nettavisen reports Ludvigsen, a former local Red Cross committee chairman, showed “strong commitment on behalf of children, youth and refugees” during his time as governor.

Ludvigsen was arrested on January 3rd and subsequently released but has not been named in Norwegian media until now. He denies all charges.

The former Høyre (establishment centre-right) party politician has been accused of abusing his position to solicit sex in his relationships with the three individuals between 2011 and 2017. For at least one of those men, it is reported, Ludvigsen attended the citizenship ceremony and allegedly misled the migrant into believing he had the power to decide whether their status and permanent residency in Norway was revoked.

The alleged acts are said to have taken place in a variety of locations including Ludvigsen’s home, country home, hotels and at his county government office in the Norwegian city of Tromso.

The Tromso prosecutor told the VG newspaper of the case: “We believe to be able to prove that sexual intercourse has taken place. An assessment has been made of the evidence contained in the investigation material, including witness statements, proof of evidence, documentary evidence, technical evidence, and communication.”

Local newspaper iTromso reports that photographs may also form part of the prosecution. If convicted, the punishment could be up to 12 years in prison.

Oliver JJ Lane is the editor of Breitbart London — Follow him on Twitter and Facebook

Svein knew people.....here he is shaking hands with Bill Clinton:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:27 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

A Cleveland radio station has pulled "Baby, Its cold outside" from its Xmas playlist, saying that the song is at odds with #MeToo...

Quote:
It's a Christmas classic probably being played in shops and radio stations all over the world.

But a radio station in Cleveland, Ohio has decided to remove Baby It's Cold Outside from its playlist following complaints from listeners.

Local media report that listeners said the song was inappropriate and at odds with the #MeToo movement.

But a poll conducted on the station's Facebook page showed the majority of listeners did not want the song banned.

Should we play 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' during the holiday season?
Posted by Star 102 Cleveland on Thursday, 29 November 2018

Glenn Anderson, a host at the Star 102 station, blogged that although the song was written in a different era, the lyrics felt "manipulative and wrong".

"The world we live in is extra sensitive now, and people get easily offended, but in a world where #MeToo has finally given women the voice they deserve, the song has no place."

Written by Frank Loesser in 1944, Baby It's Cold Outside has been covered by Lady Gaga, Michael Bublé, Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews and actors Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel in the movie Elf.

Is Baby It's Cold Outside creepy or empowering?
What's the secret to the perfect Christmas ad?
Banned Iceland ad 'too political'

The tune takes the form of a back-and-forth conversation where a man tries to persuade his female guest not to risk the journey home in bad weather, but to have another drink and spend the night with him instead.

Normally performed as a duet between a man and a woman, it features lyrics such as:

"I simply must go (But baby it's cold outside)

The answer is no (But baby it's cold outside)."

Another line, "Say what's in this drink? (No cabs to be had out there)", is perhaps one of the most controversial, and has been interpreted by some as a reference to date rape.

Others, such as comedian Jen Kirkman, have pointed out that the phrase had a different meaning the the 1930s, and that the song was more complex than it might appear on the surface.

I’m so tired of this. The song seems odd now not cuz it’s about coercing sex but about a woman who knows her reputation is ruined if she stays. “Say what’s in this drink” is an old movie line from the 30’s that means “I’m telling the truth.” She wanted to get down and stay over. https://t.co/3TaQbUSoB1
— JEN KIRKMAN (@JenKirkman) December 1, 2018

Some feel the song should be nevertheless viewed through a contemporary lens.

"It really pushed the line of consent," Cleveland Rape Crisis Center President and CEO Sondra Miller told Fox News.

"The character in the song is saying 'no,' and they're saying well, 'Does no really mean yes?' And I think in 2018 what we know is consent is 'yes' and if you get a 'no', it means 'no' and you should stop right there."

With the debate raging on social media, some will likely continue to give the tune a cold reception during the Christmas season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46413209

Why do people take everything so fucking seriously nowdays?

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

The real question is: why are so many firms so spineless.

Listeners complain about my radio station playing a particular long-standing traditional song? Change the fucking channel and don't come back.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... bKF64hK2J6

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next