maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lead Obama and Clinton fundraiser is a serial perv
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
mdiehl wrote:
Hollyweird SNAFU.

How did nasty spiders like Weinstein get away with it?

How does Roman Polanski get away with it?

How do faculty at public universities get away with hiring spouses or personal friends using taxpayer money?

Corruption baby. It's everywhere.

Especially in places where the Democratic party holds an ideological tyranny: much of the entertainment industry; academia, etc. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:53 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
Director James Gunn apologises after tweets he made years ago "joking" about rape and pedophilia are dug up...

Quote:
Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn apologized last night after “shocking,” years-old jokes he made about such topics as rape and pedophilia resurfaced online.

The comments, excavated from the filmmaker’s now-deactivated website, were shared on Twitter by supporters of President Trump, and broadcast to a wider audience by alt-right provocateur and conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich, who used them to bolster his claims of a “pedo network operating in Hollywood.” (“It’s still 3 am in California,” he wrote this morning. “Disney is for an interesting day, as is San Diego Comicon, where James Gunn is scheduled to speak this afternoon.”)

Gunn, a vocal liberal, regularly uses the social-media platform to criticize the Trump administration and Republican policies.

“Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo,” Gunn explained in a series of tweets. “As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor. It’s not to say I’m better, but I am very, very different than I was a few years ago; today I try to root my work in love and connection and less in anger. My days saying something just because it’s shocking and trying to get a reaction are over.

“In the past, I have apologized for humor of mine that hurt people. I truly felt sorry and meant every word of my apologies,” he continued. “For the record, when I made these shocking jokes, I wasn’t living them out. I know this is a weird statement to make, and seems obvious, but, still, here I am, saying it. Anyway, that’s the completely honest truth: I used to make a lot of offensive jokes. I don’t anymore. I don’t blame my past self for this, but I like myself more and feel like a more full human being and creator today. Love you to you all.”

Indeed, Gunn first drew criticism in 2012, shortly after he was confirmed as director of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, for a “superhero sex poll” on his website that was viewed as misogynistic and homophobic. There were calls at the time for the studio to fire Gunn for the comments, which swung between merely juvenile and fully offensive. The director swiftly apologized for those remarks, characterizing them as “poorly worded and offensive to many.”

“People who are familiar with me as evidenced by my Facebook page and other mediums know that I’m an outspoken proponent for the rights of the gay and lesbian community, women and anyone who feels disenfranchised,” he wrote at the time, “and it kills me that some other outsider like myself, despite his or her gender or sexuality, might feel hurt or attacked by something I said.”

Gunn is in San Diego this week for Comic-Con International, where he’s scheduled to make a movie announcement this evening during Sony Pictures’ Hall H presentation.

https://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-apologiz ... lia-jokes/

He has deleted 10,000 tweets.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Disney have fired Gunn as the director of "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3...

Quote:
James Gunn is exiting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

The move comes after conservative personalities resurfaced old tweets Thursday in which the filmmaker joked about controversial topics such as pedophelia and rape. Gunn has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump.

"The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him," Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said in a statement Friday.

On Thursday Gunn tweeted in response to the tweets being resurfaced, "Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor."

He added: "It’s not to say I’m better, but I am very, very different than I was a few years ago; today I try to root my work in love and connection and less in anger. My days saying something just because it’s shocking and trying to get a reaction are over."

The offensive tweets came to light after conservative website The Daily Caller dug up the social media posts, which were mostly posted in 2008 and 2009. Soon after, conservative personalities were tweeting to followers to confront Gunn at Comic-Con. Gunn had been expected to be at Sony's presentation Friday. It is still unclear if Gunn plans on appearing.

Gunn has been writing the script for Guardians 3, and the movie was expected to begin shooting in Atlanta in the fall for an expected 2020 release date, though Marvel Studios had never officially announced the date. The Guardians movies have been a massive success for Disney and Marvel. The first movie made more than $773 million worldwide while the second made $863 million. The films stood out from other Marvel movies as they were infused with Gunn's off-kilter filmmaking sensibilities that owed more to indie genre movies than slicker cookie cutter studio fare. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige had previously indicated that Gunn would continue to work with Marvel after Guardians 3 helping shepherd the cosmic side of the studio's universe.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -3-1128786

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Gunn Tweet: "I love it when little boys touch me in my silly place" :shock:

That is supposed to be FUNNY???? Maybe he should stick to Down syndrome or cerebral palsy jokes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

I wasn’t familiar with this James Gunn dude.

I did see someone at Ace of Spades post what a hypocrite Gunn is:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jtLOL/status ... 15/photo/1

:twisted:

Glass houses dude.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:23 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Apparently if you call someone out for being a pedo you are a cybernazi...

Attachment:
1532292880600.jpg
1532292880600.jpg [ 51.82 KiB | Viewed 237 times ]

Dave Bautista is an ex-wrestler and plays the character of Drax in the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise.

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status ... 2082707456

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
So much immunity from prosecution was given to Clintonistas & Maobamaists..

Drain the swamp.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aping.html

Quote:
That is when Brafman told reporters after a court meeting that the woman who alleges she was raped by Weinstein multiple times during a 2013 incident in a midtown hotel was having a decade-long affair with the producer.

'This is an extraordinary case in my judgement where the only rape victim that Mr. Weinstein is accused of raping is someone with whom he has had a 10-year consensual sexual relationship - both before and after the alleged incident,' stated Brafman.

He also called the woman's allegations 'absurd.'

And Brafman, Weinstein's attorney, introduced 40 emails sent by that woman to Weinstein: "'They are endearing, intimate, pleasant, flattering, friendly emails between her and Mr. Weinstein,' Brafman told Judge Mary Walrath on Thursday.

Probably not something that you would be sending to a guy that raped you.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

The number of claims against Weinstein is so massive it is hard to escape the conclusion that he is a massive perv....but to bring a weak case because of political pressure is a terrible idea...and not just for the defendant. How could you convict as a juror when the accuser maintains a relationship after the alleged rape?

Is this the prosecutor from the Duke rape case?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
IMO, in the absence of physical or eyewitness evidence, claims of any crime should be considered with great skepticism. All of most of these men who have been dropped into the meat grinder as a result of the #MeToo movement might be guilty. That is not the point. The point is: do we want to live in a society in which proper due process and jurisprudence overrule all else; or do we want to live in a society in which social justice vindictiveness, extortionist ulterior motives, and hysterical bandwagonism rule the day.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next