maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lead Obama and Clinton fundraiser is a serial perv
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19399

and

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/politics/harvey-weinstein-obama-clinton/index.html

The deafening silence of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama on Harvey Weinstein
CNN
By Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 12:19 PM ET, Tue October 10, 2017

(CNN)On Tuesday morning, Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine, the Democratic party's 2016 vice presidential nominee, sat down for an interview on CNN's "New Day." Asked about the allegations of sexual harassment against Harvey Weinstein, the deposed Hollywood mogul, Kaine said: "Any leader should condemn this. These allegations are low-life behavior."

By that definition, the last two Democratic presidents as well as the party's 2016 nominee are not leaders.

Five days after the New York Times broke the news that Weinstein, the head of Miramax and a major Democratic donor, faced a series of allegations of inappropriate behavior toward women over a several-decade span, neither Bill or Hillary Clinton nor Barack Obama has said a single word about the incidents.

What's remarkable about that silence is that Weinstein isn't, really, denying the allegations. In a long statement released in response to the Times story -- in which he quoted Jay Z and said he would take a leave of absence to focus on fighting the NRA -- Weinstein acknowledged: "I appreciate the way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it."
He's already been fired -- two days ago -- by the board of directors of The Weinstein Company "in light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days."

And, lots of Democrats who Weinstein gave money to over the years have either returned those donations or given them to charity.

[see link for chart of campaign contributions]

All of which makes the silence from Obama and the Clintons all the more stark -- particularly because the trio's ties to Weinstein run deep.

Not only was he a major bundler of campaign cash for Obama and Clinton but he's also hosted a series of fundraisers at his various homes around the country over the years. In 2013, he hosted then-President Barack Obama for a fundraiser at his New York City apartment. In 2012, Obama did a fundraiser for his re-election bid at Weinstein's home in Connecticut. During the 2016 campaign, Weinstein held a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign at his New York City apartment and another with fashion mogul Anna Wintour.

In 2013, first lady Michelle Obama praised Weinstein for his involvement in a student film symposium at the White House. "I want to start by thanking Harvey Weinstein for organizing this amazing day," she said. "Harvey. This is possible because of Harvey. He is a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse."

Malia Obama, the couple's daughter, interned at The Weinstein Company before starting college at Harvard this year.

Despite repeated inquiries from reporters in search of comment about the allegations against Weinstein, the offices of the Clintons and Obamas have remained mum. At an event at the University of California Davis promoting her book on Monday night, Clinton spoke for more than an hour but never mentioned Weinstein's name.

Patti Solis Doyle, who was Clinton's campaign manager in 2007, praised her former boss's record, but said her silence so far has been disappointing.

"As long as I have known her she really has walked the walk and talked the talk on this," Solis Doyle told CNN's Poppy Harlow Tuesday. "For me she gave me the ability to bring my little, you know, 3-month-old baby to work when I needed to and have a crib in my office, you know, I know her heart is in the right place. So personally it is, it is disappointing she hasn't come out and condemned Harvey Weinstein."

What explains the notable silence from the Obamas and the Clintons?

Likely, friendship. As in, they are friends and, as such, want to give Weinstein every possible benefit of the doubt. So, rather than jump on Weinstein, they give him a few days of breathing room.
It's also possible that Clinton and Obama believe that they are no longer active figures in day-to-day Democratic politics and, therefore, don't need to respond to every single news story out there.

Both of these explanations fall short, however. On the friendship front, exercising situational ethics isn't ethics at all. If your best friend commits a series of indefensible acts, you don't get a pass from condemning that behavior because you have known each other for a long time. Friendship doesn't excuse behavior like Weinstein has been exhibiting for years.

And, there's no question about what's happening here! Weinstein hasn't denied it. And the allegations continue to pile up. The story isn't getting better for him with time. It's getting worse.

When it comes to the Clintons and Obama as less-than-active participants in Democratic politics, that overlooks the fact that they remain the three most recognizable and beloved leaders within the Democratic Party. It also conveniently leaves out Clinton's much-repeated pledge during her recent book tour that "I am not done with politics because I literally believe that our country's future is at stake."

My guess is that the growing public pressure on the Clintons and Obama to say something -- anything! -- about Weinstein will force them to speak (or release a statement) sometime in the next 48 hours. But, the question remains: What the heck is taking them so long?

Why the silence?

Does Weinstein have some dirt on these people (Obama and the Clintons) which make them hesitant to publicly criticize him?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Oh, Jeez, the New Yorker article by Ronan Farrow is even worse. Allegations of rape and an audiotape of pathetic begging of a Fillipina actress to enter his room.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ha ... ocid=ientp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

By report, the NYT sat on the story for a decade. :shock:

Now there are two independent stories in a week??? WTF? My first take is these media outlets held their fire while he got Hussein elected and helped fund Hildabeast's campaign. :shock:

If true, it means the NYT ignored the obvious threat to women to get theiir favorite heifer elected.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19399
Weinstein’s wife, who a few days ago was “100%” behind her husband, has changed her mind:

Quote:
"My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions," Chapman said. "I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time."

Either she really was so clueless that she didn’t know what Harvey was doing, or she knew his past but figured he was untouchable (and overlooked his tendencies); but once the floodgates opened and many, some of them well known, actresses (and others) broke ranks and went public, she realized that she had to bail on him.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

I was wrong..it wasn't 10 years it was 13 years the NYT sat on this.

Matt Damon interfered .to quash the story although he claims he was in the dark. Damon was given his break on Good Will Hunting by Harvey

Jeez, what are we to conclude from that? :shock:

Damon is an enabler to get his script sold? Harvey paid off Damon? Wait, I just thought of something worse....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12499
Ya'll are acting surprised that the party that never stopped loving Bill Clinton are shuffling their latest male sexual predator under the rug!? :P

The thing about idealists (of any orientation) is that they are easily duped. When institutions are supposedly built on idealistic notions, this creates institutions which are naturally populated with predator and prey and when the predators do act as something of movers/shakers, this leads to the sort of "just don't talk about it" mentality that we see in this instance. Sociopaths can be incredibly beguiling, particularly for the sort of innocent idealist which might be drawn into the Democratic party for naive but not malignant reasons.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:53 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11007
Quote:
Variety.com

October 10, 2017 8:02PM PT
Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein: ‘I Feel Very Bad for Him – Everyone Needs to Stop’

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/linds ... 202586659/
Considering the Battle of the sexes is as old as sex, women are born with the power, men have to work for it.

These gals who claim they were innocently blind sided are something else.

Weinstein is a scumbag, but the gals that were using him are no better ... even those who went to his room and changed their minds, they wanted to exchange sex for a chance at stardom, but when faced with Weinstein the price was too great.

IMHO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 15422
abradley wrote:
Quote:
Variety.com

October 10, 2017 8:02PM PT
Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein: ‘I Feel Very Bad for Him – Everyone Needs to Stop’

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/linds ... 202586659/
Considering the Battle of the sexes is as old as sex, women are born with the power, men have to work for it.

These gals who claim they were innocently blind sided are something else.

Weinstein is a scumbag, but the gals that were using him are no better ... even those who went to his room and changed their minds, they wanted to exchange sex for a chance at stardom, but when faced with Weinstein the price was too great.

IMHO

Andy confirmed to be an Internet misogynist. :shock:

Quote:
Internet misogynists confident they can blame women for this whole Weinstein thing.

The noble warriors of Internet misogyny are looking to turn another sexual assault case around onto the heads of women.

The mission comes following revelations that a fat sack of shit named Harvey Weinstein made sexual advances on many actresses throughout his career.

“Yeah, but they were asking for it really, weren’t they?” offered senior misogynist, Simon Williams.

“They spoke to him, and they were within ten feet. If that doesn’t say ‘come and get it’ then I don’t know what does.

“Besides, some of them were given very lucrative film roles in exchange for a bit of slap and tickle. No idea why they’re complaining; sex and a role in a movie? That’s a pretty good day in my book.

“We’ll start off with that for the comment threads, that should tell the world where we’re coming from.”

Simon’s mother said, “it is difficult to be proud of him, yes.

“I’ve tried telling him that the responsibility in that situation is with the man who holds the keys to the young actor’s career, and not the wide-eyed girl in front of him desperate to land one of the comparatively few roles for women in Holly wood, but he just tuts and slams the door on me.

“I’m this close to kicking him out of the basement.”

http://newsthump.com/2017/10/11/interne ... ein-thing/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:34 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 15422
Weinstein's wife has said she is leaving him and Obama finally condemns him...

Quote:
The wife of producer Harvey Weinstein has said she is leaving him following allegations of sexual harassment from a string of actresses.

Georgina Chapman, 41, described Weinstein's actions as "unforgivable".

Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow are the latest women to come forward. Both said the incidents happened early in their careers.

On Tuesday, Weinstein also denied allegations of rape made in The New Yorker magazine.

Weinstein was fired on Sunday from his own film studio. The Weinstein Company board said on Tuesday that they would help any criminal investigation.

"My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions," Georgina Chapman, 41, told People magazine.

Chapman and Weinstein, 65, have two children together.

Meanwhile, former US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle have joined the growing public condemnation.

In a statement, they said they were "disgusted by the recent reports about Harvey Weinstein" and added that they "celebrate the courage of women who have come forward".

Weinstein was a big donor to the Democratic party under Obama's leadership. The Obamas' eldest daughter Malia worked as an intern at The Weinstein Company in New York earlier this year.

Weinstein also donated to Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign. Mrs Clinton said she was "shocked and appalled" by the revelations.

Paltrow and Jolie both sent statements about Weinstein's behaviour to the New York Times, which first reported allegations against him last week.

Jolie said in an email: "I had a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth, and as a result, chose never to work with him again and warn others when they did.

"This behaviour towards women in any field, any country is unacceptable."

In a statement, Paltrow alleged that, after Weinstein cast her in the leading role in Emma, he summoned her to his hotel suite, where he placed his hands on her and suggested massages in his bedroom.

"I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified," she told the newspaper.

She said she told her then-boyfriend Brad Pitt about the incident, and said he confronted Weinstein.

"I thought he was going to fire me," she said.

Others to have spoken out about their experiences with Weinstein include:

Three women who told The New Yorker they had been raped by the producer. Italian actress and director Asia Argento told The New Yorker she was forced into a sexual act with Weinstein and had not spoken out until now because she feared it would have harmed her career

Lucia Stoller, now Lucia Evans, told the magazine that Weinstein approached her in 2004 and also forced her into a sexual act

The third woman was not named by the magazine but said Weinstein "forced himself on me sexually"

Mira Sorvino, who won an Oscar in 1996 for her role in Mighty Aphrodite for Weinstein's Miramax studio, told The New Yorker that Weinstein had tried to pressure her into a relationship

Rosanna Arquette said she rejected Weinstein's advances and believes her acting career suffered as a result

Heather Graham said in a Variety interview that Weinstein implied she had to sleep with him to appear in one of his films

British actress Romola Garai says she was left feeling "violated" when she was auditioned by Weinstein as an 18-year-old. She said the producer came to the door wearing a bathrobe, describing his behaviour as an "abuse of power"

The initial New York Times report, which broke the story, said actresses Ashley Judd and Rose McGowan had accused Weinstein of serious sexual misconduct

Zoe Brock, a writer and model, said Weinstein took his clothes off in a hotel room and asked her for a massage

The New Yorker report also said 16 former and current employees at Weinstein's companies "witnessed or had knowledge of unwanted sexual advances and touching at events associated with Weinstein's films and in the workplace".

Weinstein's spokeswoman Sallie Hofmeister issued a statement in response to the article.

"Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr Weinstein," she said. "Mr Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances.

"Mr Weinstein obviously can't speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual. Mr Weinstein has begun counselling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path."

Meanwhile, actress Lindsay Lohan posted an Instagram story - which she later deleted - appearing to defend Weinstein, saying: "I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now. I don't think it's right what's going on."

Buzzfeed reporter Lauren Yap did a screen grab and posted Lohan's video, in which she also posted an angel emoji under Weinstein's name, on Twitter. Lohan also said Chapman should "be there for her husband" - although it's not clear if she knew at the time that Chapman had said she was leaving him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41578997

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:21 am 
Sergeant Major

Some women, like Lindsey Lohan, seem to support Harvey. Maybe he used lube with them?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next